What is Screensharing?
If an Officer+ suspects that you might be using a hacked client or an illegal modification they will freeze your Minecraft character forcing you to remain still. A message will pop up in your chat saying the following:
Don't panic. You'll be instructed to join the Discord. If you're wondering "Well how can I join the discord if I don't know it?" Don't worry, we'll give you an invitation link and instructions as to how to join via PM.
NOTE: We search for Auto Clickers, Clients, Booters, IP Stressors, Raid Alerts tech, and anything else listed as illegal under the Rules.
Rules and Process
The following will result in a Tier 3 Ban (60d -> 90d)
- Disconnecting while frozen - This means logging out of Desteria while you were frozen.
- Stalling - That involves joking around constantly, ignoring instructions, or anything to prevent the screenshare from progressing. You'll be warned once only.
- Refusing to Screenshare - Not downloading the provided programs or not joining the Discord in 5 minutes. Recording screenshares or refusing to stop recording also warrants a ban.
- VPNs - Use of a VPN is not permitted under any circumstance.
- Usage of illegal modifications - Any illegal or suspicious modifications found being used on Desteria at the time of the screenshare or evidence that the above have been used.
- Illegal Programs - If software of this sort is found on the user's computer regardless of whether it is used or not will result in a permanent ban from the server. This includes, but is not limited to the following: Booters, IP Stressers, programs that make screensharing tools ineffective. Minecraft string cleaners, and CCleaner (or similar programs) used after MC starts will also be banned for.
- Editing your recycling bin directly before or during a screenshare - This will result in a ban.
- Shift-deleting exe files in your current instance of Windows. - This will result in a ban.
- AutoClickers - if used in the duration you've been on Desteria.
- Macros - any auto-click, double click, or other similar macros will be banned for immediately.
- Failure to follow ANY instructions given by the Staff Member - This involves refusing to give mouse control or access.
- The usage of ANY Ghost / Injectable Client - This will result in a removal from our network.
- The usage of ANY External Client / Memory Hack - This will result in a removal from our network regardless of date of usage.
- Device Removal - any removal of any device (USB's, External hard drives / SSD's) during a minecraft session will result in a ban.
The following will result in a Tier 3 Ban (30d -> 60d -> 90d):
When you get into the Discord, you'll be asked to download a screensharing software called AnyDesk.
- Admitting to using illegal or suspicious modifications BEFORE the screensharing process starts.
- CIA - CIA stands for caught in action. We use this for players that are not needed for screensharing and that are obviously hacking.
When being screenshared, Staff Members may go through your files, web browser history, recycling bin, etc.
When being screenshared you must NOT record any part of the screenshare. We will look to see if you're recording and if we do find out that you're running a recording of us, we'll ask you to stop recording and to delete the footage. If you refuse, a punishment will be issued.
The Officer+ that is screensharing you will be recording before and during the SS to log the evidence of the suspicious activity that caused the screenshare and to protect the privacy of the player being screenshared. More specifically, screenshares are recorded on our end to ensure that if a player's privacy is violated beyond the extend needed to conduct the screenshare, the staff member conducting the screenshare will be reprimanded.
Do not worry about getting any viruses from any of our screenshare tools, they are safe and will cause no harm to your computer.
It's likely most of you are not familiar with the program we use for screen sharing. Hopefully this gives you a better understanding of how it functions.
Click here for the link to the AnyDesk download page.
When you're finishing downloading and running AnyDesk the Staff Member will go ahead and ask you for your AnyDesk ID. Most players get confused and panic but it's not hard to find. Here's a picture of where it's located:
Now, this ID is going to look different from yours but this is the general location for your ID. You'll be able to right-click the numbers and click "Copy Invitation" or just click the "Send Invitation" button right under the numbers and from there you can paste it in the chat to the Staff Member. When the Staff Member joins through the link you'll see another AnyDesk notification pop up in your taskbar and that's them accepting to view your screen. Here's a picture of what it looks like:
Be sure to uncheck the allow to hear sounds box and then hit accept. Then your screen will be live to the Staff Member.
When the Screenshare is finished, simply hit "Dismiss" and that will make whoever is watching disconnect and not be allowed to reconnect without your permission to accept.