Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

WuYi's Apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brexit

Nobility
Honestly WuYi was one of, if not the, greatest staff member I've worked with on the server (from almost 9 months now), and his genuine passion and dedication to the server is not one many could truthfully say they uphold.

I've kept in touch with WuYi since his demotion and blacklist and still regularly speak to him, and apart from that one day never once has he ****ged off the server or the community. He has every reason to hate it having been blacklisted with little chance of returning, but he still has a place in his heart for the server. He really truly cares with great passion for the community and the server as a whole.

On the team WuYi worked tirelessly to aim for the best he could to benefit the server as much as possible. He was one of the few people I could always rely on to never just accept a bad decision and to always fight with me to get all that's best for the server. Never afraid to speak up but did so in a constructive manner. On the event team he helped tons with events and constantly took initiative to host mini events to help add to many players' enjoyment of the server, which shows how much he cares and is community orientated. Not to mention his contributions day in and day out on the staff team, putting in insane hours of effort to just be around to help players and keep chat clean, and from the reviewer team spending endless hours in his efforts to keep the server clean of hackers.

He made a couple of massive mistakes which he deeply regrets. Obviously no one can argue on his demotion, but for someone who has given so much and cares so much for this community I think a blacklist is too harsh. He abused a bit yes, but if he actually wanted to hurt the server in any way he could've done a lot more, but didn't as that has never and will never be an intention of his.

It was such a pleasure being able to train WuYi and help and watch him grow on the staff team throughout his time here. He's an amazing guy, I really hope you get unbanned @WuYi ily <3

WuYi

Crusader
Honestly WuYi was one of, if not the, greatest staff member I've worked with on the server (from almost 9 months now), and his genuine passion and dedication to the server is not one many could truthfully say they uphold.

I've kept in touch with WuYi since his demotion and blacklist and still regularly speak to him, and apart from that one day never once has he ****ged off the server or the community. He has every reason to hate it having been blacklisted with little chance of returning, but he still has a place in his heart for the server. He really truly cares with great passion for the community and the server as a whole.

On the team WuYi worked tirelessly to aim for the best he could to benefit the server as much as possible. He was one of the few people I could always rely on to never just accept a bad decision and to always fight with me to get all that's best for the server. Never afraid to speak up but did so in a constructive manner. On the event team he helped tons with events and constantly took initiative to host mini events to help add to many players' enjoyment of the server, which shows how much he cares and is community orientated. Not to mention his contributions day in and day out on the staff team, putting in insane hours of effort to just be around to help players and keep chat clean, and from the reviewer team spending endless hours in his efforts to keep the server clean of hackers.

He made a couple of massive mistakes which he deeply regrets. Obviously no one can argue on his demotion, but for someone who has given so much and cares so much for this community I think a blacklist is too harsh. He abused a bit yes, but if he actually wanted to hurt the server in any way he could've done a lot more, but didn't as that has never and will never be an intention of his.

It was such a pleasure being able to train WuYi and help and watch him grow on the staff team throughout his time here. He's an amazing guy, I really hope you get unbanned @WuYi ily <3
Thanks alot for your words James it means a lot to me.
It truly was a pleasure to work with you.

Breweyy

Explorer
@Breweyy I have a few things to say, number one is the fact that flying as a mod isnt a rare mistake to happen, you have to seperately toggle off and on the fly each time you do anything so i can see how it may have been a mistake, however about the buckets there is absolutely nothing to excuse that and thats the reason he is where he is now..

Finally, you must have no soul and take this block game so seriously as if your life depends on it, you see someones story and you call it "A poor explanation on how he lived in a home til the age of 18". Honestly i see why you where upset but to call it that is purely disgusting. Sometimes you have to remember this is a game for children not your life, although i can see how you might mix them up considering you spend so much time on it ^.^
Well if children are playing that doesn't set an example when a staff member gets demoted then straight after goes on a rampage calling everybody racial slurs and "being finally released".

SayonaraX

Peasant
Well if children are playing that doesn't set an example when a staff member gets demoted then straight after goes on a rampage calling everybody racial slurs and "being finally released".
@Breweyy Personally, I don't know WuYi at all. Soon after I did start playing on Desteria, he was banned, and I didn't necessarily understand why or what he did as a new player. However, outside of his actions, I feel like keeping him blacklisted doesn't necessarily serve him any justice, especially after the many months he has served as staff (according to other peoples' posts and what not on this thread). Let's take for example, something that occurs often in real life. Crimes occur often and people get sent to jail accordingly, or fined - in which they can be taken off from their sentence earlier with parole and such. I feel like a similar act should be put upon @WuYi, which means he should be unblacklisted to be tested his actions for a numerous amount of months (for this example, I'll say 6). This doesn't mean AT ALL that WuYi will get his staff rank back, and over the course of those 6 months, he will be treated like any other player and observed to make sure his attitude and behavior isn't out of line like it was just before he got blacklisted. If he does happen to slip up, he'll be blacklisted again, or something of that sort. After a clean record, he can of course apply for staff again (where staff keeps in mind of his blacklist and behavior from this blacklist, and of course affect his application) where he can possibly be accepted, but start over as a recruit and have to rebuild from there.

Overall, I understand why you may be upset Breweyy. However, I think there is a better way to approach this situation rather than constantly attacking WuYi.

EDIT: I also want to add that it indeed has been a while since he got blacklisted, and I personally want to see if he has collected himself and gotten his stuff together!

Last edited:

Wavy

Explorer
Imo he should be unblacklisted. It's one of the lesser staff abuse stories. It's not like his actions affected the whole network and obviously he wont be doing it again.
I see where your coming from, however it wasn't the individual actions that lead to the demotion/blacklist. It was the fact he was trusted by the server and then betrayed it. Yes, I agree the actions were extremely minor and in the end did, absolute to no harm. However he broke the trust that all staff members must have. (lmao, I want him back as-well, just saying measuring abuse on a scale isn't the best way to decide, aka. who abused harder?)

What I've noticed as you progress along the staff ranks, is as your permissions grow, this line that you walk on. A line of things you can say and do, with a void of temptation surrounding it, begins to decreases and thin out. As I see it, Wuyi went on staffing working hard and doing an amazing job at it. I constantly had looked up to him as well as TNA and Xotha, I'd be lying to say I no longer do. He's clearly responsible enough to admit to his own actions and simply ask for forgives, which is a characteristic I admire. Anyways, this line continued to shrink and as he stated in his own words, he had IRL issues in the way, things that were stressing him, things that aggravated him, things that made him 'weak'. As all people do when there weak he was venerable to the temptation and gave into the void. I personally forgive him and want to see him back on the network, and I deeply hope for his well being, he's okay regarding the IRL issues. Which I myself am lucky enough to never face.

I can say without a doubt, Wuyi has done more good then bad for desteria.

Bonfiyah

Nobility
Crimes occur often and people get sent to jail accordingly, or fined - in which they can be taken off from their sentence earlier with parole and such. I feel like a similar act should be put upon @WuYi,
In cases of crime, prosecutors offer the accused person a lighter punishment if they admit they’re guilty. If they do not admit guilt, they go on trial, where their punishment is much more severe if they’re found to be guilty.

WuYi actually got this “guilty plea” offer, he was given a chance by Logic to resign without further punishment if he admitted to abusing after flying in combat. He refused. After the second instance of abuse (destroying enemy cannons) was discovered, he was blacklisted.

WuYi

Crusader
Thanks for all your kind words and help putting clearance on stuff, I really appreciate it.

As for my irl life:
I'm an extremely lucky man, I found an apartment just in time and am now living happily near my school and friends.

TheCashMan

Explorer
Thanks for all your kind words and help putting clearance on stuff, I really appreciate it.

As for my irl life:
I'm an extremely lucky man, I found an apartment just in time and am now living happily near my school and friends.
Why didn’t you make this post, and why now?

PandaDaKill

Crusader
Logic has been so kind to unban my forums account, which I very much appreciate.

@Breweyy
I completely understand your anger and I know how you must feel, theres no excuse for what I did and I apologise.
Now I can understand why you put lava in a dispenser and all, but after it happened to us in a raid I understand why it’s so bad >:C
But anyways, you were a good staff before all that, hope you get unbanned ;)

Breweyy

Explorer
I agree with CashMan although, I'm not annoyed at all at WuYi considering we still got into Anglers / Chrono and succeed with the raid after all this was dealt with.

Although with the lateness of the aplogy and how WuYi acted after being "relieved" is just terrible. Should be at least be accounted for.

WuYi

Crusader
I did infact make the actual contend of the post, weren't able to post it as I was blacklisted from forums too
[doublepost=1533880828,1533880404][/doublepost]It's not a thing that has just happened @Breweyy
Ive for long been in touch with logic about this topic, I moved first of August and I've simply not had time to do something about stuff all though I've wanted to for a while.

GuildArts

Backpacker
As a handful of you are aware, a few weeks/months back there was a Moderator on the Staff Team that went by the name 'WuYi'. After getting into some trouble he ended up getting himself removed from the team and blacklisted from the server. I've been speaking with him ever since and he's made it clear that he regrets his actions. He wants you all to understand where he was coming from and why he did what he did. I agreed to let him write up something that I'd post on his behalf. The following quotation is that post, unaltered, in his words. Hopefully it sheds some light on what happened and gives some closure to the situation for everyone involved. Without further ado:

"Hello Desterians, Im WuYi and this is my official apology and explanation regarding my abusive acts around a month ago.

Where do i start… Desteria has been like a home for me throughout the last 4 years.
I have met a bunch of wonderful people and i really appreciate the time i've gotten to spend on here.

So what actually happened?

This is a question quite a few people probably are asking themselves... I did in fact abuse, its not something im proud off, i don't find it funny and i regret it from the bottom of my heart. I shouldn't have done it, and nothing i'm going to say is going to justify the betrayal trust i may have earned throughout my time on the staff team.

Moving out.

At the time of me starting to be abusive i had a lot of irl struggles. I know i shouldn't have taken it out on Desty and i deeply regret my actions.

A little bit of backstory on me is that i used to live in a child's care home, this was overall an okay experience, Yet once you turn 18 you often end up getting kicked out… This is basically what happened to me. One month in advance i was told that i had to move.. Which put a huge stress on me as i had no job nor place to live and no one were able to tell me where i would end… I’m as said really sorry that my stress and frustrations turned into my acts and i know it doesn't justify them, yet for some the reasoning behind them may be important which is why I felt a need to add this.

Endnotes.

Logic has been kind enough to let me write this post which i really appreciated.
I'm really sorry for how toxic i may have been after my demotion, i hope Im still able to be forgiven."

- WuYi
You should also give the chance for Bikkie, Deters and TooDumbToHack to appeal/ apologise, as im sure they have regrets. See if the community will give them an another chance and it would also be nice for some more competition to come back.

Brexit

Nobility
I agree with CashMan although, I'm not annoyed at all at WuYi considering we still got into Anglers / Chrono and succeed with the raid after all this was dealt with.

Although with the lateness of the aplogy and how WuYi acted after being "relieved" is just terrible. Should be at least be accounted for.
He's been trying ever since he's got blacklisted. I've talked to him regularly about it. Maybe for that day that he was demoted he gave a bit of backfire, but as soon as he'd given himself a chance to think it through he has honestly been better than anyone demoted I've seen (let alone blacklisted).

WuYi

Crusader
He's been trying ever since he's got blacklisted. I've talked to him regularly about it. Maybe for that day that he was demoted he gave a bit of backfire, but as soon as he'd given himself a chance to think it through he has honestly been better than anyone demoted I've seen (let alone blacklisted).
At the time I got blacklisted, I was in the middle of it all, and it kinda made me blind for how I may have appeared for others, this shouldn't have happened, yet I can't do much other than apologise for my actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.