Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Top Voters of November, New '/f top' System, & More!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoenneH

Backpacker
Wouldn't change much if the map stays up or doesn't - it's less optimal to shut it down than it is to simply keep it up - plus it allows content team to test bugs even if there is a lack of players actually playing.
What about tally the f tops and lets the server run casually so, ehm, @AusTho can get his life back

Thrunic

Peasant
I'm afraid that this way of measuring f-top will only increase the gap between the top alliance of factions (on caden, that's scane (formerly egirls), ambitious, and buggedcegg) and the rest, since everyone else can be split anytime and would have to make due with a cubic chunk of hoppers @ 30k a pop.

Upcoming New '/f top' System
With that out of the way, let's get into some of the new content we've been talking about for so long. If you remember a while back, I made a suggestion about F-Top Calculation to see where you guys stood on the topic. It's obvious that our F-Top system is a bit lackluster, so we wanted to figure out a better way to calculate people's hard work and dedication.

F-Top will continue to not count player balances, and spawner value will start increasing as soon as it's placed based on its purchase price. This increase will be hourly and will count towards F-Top as long as it's placed. If you mine the spawner, all the F-Top it has accumulated will be removed. Because of this sacrifice, we've decided to remove the penalty for mining spawners. Instead, your punishment will be a huge loss in F-Top that you cannot regain very easily since it is based on time. This should encourage players to place early, and defend their bases instead of hiding all their spawners until the very end. It should also prevent players from placing at the last minute since this would not benefit them at all under the new system. We hope you like this new concept as it got quite a decent amount of support in suggestion thread I had made previously.

Bon

Citizen

Greetings Desterians!
We've got a few things to talk about, and I know a lot of you have some questions. Hopefully this post will resolve a lot of the curiosity you guys are harboring. Before we get into some of the more serious stuff though, let's talk about our top voters!

October's Top Voters
I'm here to announce the top voters of this last month! If you weren't aware, you can earn rewards from voting! You can find the specifics here. As for the last month of September, here are your winners! If you see your IGN on this list, please PM me here on the Forums or Discord to get your gift card.

• 1st. Cradlen - 93 votes
  • 1st. MegaHertz65 - 93 votes
  • 1st. El_Juank - 93 votes
  • 1st. jimcrop2000 - 93 votes
  • 2nd. GamerGuy15 - 91 votes

Congratulations to the users who've won. If you see your name on this, reach out to myself in PM either here on the Forums or on Discord and I'll get you your rewards!

Desteria Plus Release Date
A lot of people have had an abundance of questions regarding Desteria Plus. I'm here to potentially answer some of those questions. As for our developers and their time, I have not personally spoken to them but I can only imagine that they are in the midst of some complications. This obviously puts us in a bit of a tight spot, but we have to stay respectful to everyone and their willingness to dedicate time to a project like this. With that, obviously our production has slowed down tremendously for the time being and we were unable to reach out projected October release. However, I'm confident that what we're bringing to the table is worth the wait, and I want to make sure that we do it correctly. I understand that your patience may be running thin, but please keep in mind that I would love to avoid another update rushed to the point where we launch it simply to get something out and everyone is disappointed. Waiting on quality and stability are important so people can play and enjoy the new content.

Here's a sneak peek at the newly designed Outposts for Desteria Plus (and yes, this one's spawn has a drop-down into pvp layout, so no more combat hopping!)

Upcoming New '/f top' System
With that out of the way, let's get into some of the new content we've been talking about for so long. If you remember a while back, I made a suggestion about F-Top Calculation to see where you guys stood on the topic. It's obvious that our F-Top system is a bit lackluster, so we wanted to figure out a better way to calculate people's hard work and dedication.

F-Top will continue to not count player balances, and spawner value will start increasing as soon as it's placed based on its purchase price. This increase will be hourly and will count towards F-Top as long as it's placed. If you mine the spawner, all the F-Top it has accumulated will be removed. Because of this sacrifice, we've decided to remove the penalty for mining spawners. Instead, your punishment will be a huge loss in F-Top that you cannot regain very easily since it is based on time. This should encourage players to place early, and defend their bases instead of hiding all their spawners until the very end. It should also prevent players from placing at the last minute since this would not benefit them at all under the new system. We hope you like this new concept as it got quite a decent amount of support in suggestion thread I had made previously.

Hope you all enjoyed this small update and the top voting winners. Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and try to stay constructive in both positive and negative comments.

Cheers!
@iLemon and @Omega
bruh he changed the mining spawners rule in such a big way that works so much towards what i wanted gg guys

GamerGuy

Formerly 'GamerGuy15'
Well great to hear some news about destria plus and I know that what many people wanted the new combat area post looks much better and seems more relevant and I like the f - top idea so I can't wait to get on and play destria 3.0

Brexit

Nobility
Well great to hear some news about destria plus and I know that what many people wanted the new combat area post looks much better and seems more relevant and I like the f - top idea so I can't wait to get on and play destria 3.0
Desteria is on 14.0 atm btw :p

ElJuank

Peasant
Sup @iLemon, I'm writing to let you know that I am one of the top voters of this month, El_Juank, but I can't send you a message neither here nor by Discord. I already linked my Minecraft account to this account but if you need any other identification/confirmation I will be happy to give it to you. Hope you see this :LOL: Thanks

Brexit

Nobility
@Omega @iLemon I'm MegaHertz65 please send me the topvoter copoun in discord or where you want... MegaHertz65:4486
Sup @iLemon, I'm writing to let you know that I am one of the top voters of this month, El_Juank, but I can't send you a message neither here nor by Discord. I already linked my Minecraft account to this account but if you need any other identification/confirmation I will be happy to give it to you. Hope you see this :LOL: Thanks
You need to msg (create a conversation with) @Omega on here.

The post was written by Omega and just posted by Lemon which is where the confusion is from.

Status
Not open for further replies.