Top Voters of November, New '/f top' System, & More!

Discussion in 'Desteria Announcements' started by iLemon, Nov 4, 2018.

1. iLemon

iLemon Desteria Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Ratings:
    +1,340
    iLemon
    [​IMG]
    Greetings Desterians!
    We've got a few things to talk about, and I know a lot of you have some questions. Hopefully this post will resolve a lot of the curiosity you guys are harboring. Before we get into some of the more serious stuff though, let's talk about our top voters!

October's Top Voters
    I'm here to announce the top voters of this last month! If you weren't aware, you can earn rewards from voting! You can find the specifics here. As for the last month of September, here are your winners! If you see your IGN on this list, please PM me here on the Forums or Discord to get your gift card.

• 1st. Cradlen - 93 votes - redeemed
    • 1st. MegaHertz65 - 93 votes - redeemed
    • 1st. El_Juank - 93 votes - redeemed
    • 1st. jimcrop2000 - 93 votes - redeemed
    • 2nd. GamerGuy15 - 91 votes - redeemed

Congratulations to the users who've won. If you see your name on this, reach out to myself in PM either here on the Forums or on Discord and I'll get you your rewards!

Desteria Plus Release Date
    A lot of people have had an abundance of questions regarding Desteria Plus. I'm here to potentially answer some of those questions. As for our developers and their time, I have not personally spoken to them but I can only imagine that they are in the midst of some complications. This obviously puts us in a bit of a tight spot, but we have to stay respectful to everyone and their willingness to dedicate time to a project like this. With that, obviously our production has slowed down tremendously for the time being and we were unable to reach out projected October release. However, I'm confident that what we're bringing to the table is worth the wait, and I want to make sure that we do it correctly. I understand that your patience may be running thin, but please keep in mind that I would love to avoid another update rushed to the point where we launch it simply to get something out and everyone is disappointed. Waiting on quality and stability are important so people can play and enjoy the new content.

Here's a sneak peek at the newly designed Outposts for Desteria Plus (and yes, this one's spawn has a drop-down into pvp layout, so no more combat hopping!)

[​IMG]

Upcoming New '/f top' System
    With that out of the way, let's get into some of the new content we've been talking about for so long. If you remember a while back, I made a suggestion about F-Top Calculation to see where you guys stood on the topic. It's obvious that our F-Top system is a bit lackluster, so we wanted to figure out a better way to calculate people's hard work and dedication.

F-Top will continue to not count player balances, and spawner value will start increasing as soon as it's placed based on its purchase price. This increase will be hourly and will count towards F-Top as long as it's placed. If you mine the spawner, all the F-Top it has accumulated will be removed. Because of this sacrifice, we've decided to remove the penalty for mining spawners. Instead, your punishment will be a huge loss in F-Top that you cannot regain very easily since it is based on time. This should encourage players to place early, and defend their bases instead of hiding all their spawners until the very end. It should also prevent players from placing at the last minute since this would not benefit them at all under the new system. We hope you like this new concept as it got quite a decent amount of support in suggestion thread I had made previously.

Hope you all enjoyed this small update and the top voting winners. Please let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and try to stay constructive in both positive and negative comments.

Cheers!
    @iLemon and @Omega

#1 iLemon, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Jnf

Jnf Helper
    Staff Member Helper Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +484
    Jnf
  3. MelodicRose

MelodicRose Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,695
    MelodicRose
    But you are the owner.. how do you not know? This is a concerning statement in regards to communication.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Divertido

Divertido Explorer

Ratings:
    +202
    divertido
    hype hopefully no 30 player play count!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nate

Nate Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,879
    I have a further suggestion towards this: If possible, we should try to implement a system where when you hover over a faction on /f top, it should display how many of each type spawner there is. I've seen this on numerous servers and I feel like it'd be way better in regards to details of a faction.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. KoenneH

KoenneH Backpacker

Ratings:
    +95
    I have a further suggestion, I don't care how long desty plus is gonna take, just tally the f tops so I can leave

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,842
    xOmega
    That is because due to how busy Lemon is, I actually wrote this post. He just posted it for me and I guess this portion was overlooked. Hope that clears up the confusion.

• Savage Savage x 1
  8. WaffleMonkey

WaffleMonkey Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +297
    It's pretty sad how all they could spit out for this sneak peak was a building lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,842
    xOmega
    That's basically the essence of what a teaser is - a very small portion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  10. KoenneH

KoenneH Backpacker

Ratings:
    +95
    Did all the bugs get attention or were y'all busy making that windmill?
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 4, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 4, 2018 ---
    I'm sorry I know you said constructive and positive and all, I just can't do it any longer.
    You talk the talk but you don't walk the walk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Commissioned

Commissioned Backpacker

Ratings:
    +42
  12. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,842
    xOmega
    Since the builder is responsible for builds, I did not do any of that.

As for the bugs, there are definitely lists containing lots of bugs that we need to work on. We've definitely made progress on some fronts. New bugs are found and tested basically every day so it's ridiculous to say that we've fixed everything. However, it will definitely get the attention it deserves.

The bottom line here though is that if we end up waiting for all the bugs to be fixed, we'll never release anything - so it makes more sense to tackle a chunk of issues at once, launch a release, tackle another chunk, launch a release, etc. That way you're still all able to play and enjoy Desteria while we tackle the bigger problems over an extended period of time. I won't promise you that everything will magically be fixed for Desteria Plus - the nature of coding is that there are unforeseen issues that don't get found out until we open to the public, especially if it's related to large numbers. However, I will say that I will do my best to take the bug reports seriously and stay on top of what's being fixed and what still needs to be done. Once Desteria Plus launches, you'll most likely see a return of weekly changelogs so you can continue to keep track of what we're doing.

Hopefully that answers your question on whether or not I walk and talk Negative Nancy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Ganp

Ganp Explorer

Ratings:
    +262
    Despacito

• Savage Savage x 6
  14. KoenneH

KoenneH Backpacker

Ratings:
    +95
    I don't wanna start an endless discussion at this hour, but I've been playing factions for quite some time
    All my bug reports are serious gameplay-impeding bugs, none of which have been addressed.

I have to bump 5x for a status report which is always something along the line of, we're on it !
    but it's never the case.
    Nothing personal, I know you have nothing to do with this, but somewhere there a hitch in your process and its bothering me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,842
    xOmega
    I totally agree. Our process can definitely be improved which is something I have yet to really look into and figure out a better way, but that's partially due to our developer issues that is mentioned in the actual announcement.

However, I am only one person and I try not to stretch myself out too thinly - so obviously I cannot cover everything all at once. My goal is to focus on one portion so I can set it up for success so I can walk away from that and it continues to work. Once that happens, I can shift my focus on another portion of the server. It takes longer to do this way, however I find that it probably works out better in the long run.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Divertido

Divertido Explorer

Ratings:
    +202
    divertido
    adding on to what @KoenneH said, you should also be able to see via /f top of what percentage your spawner value is at

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. cociane

cociane Peasant

Ratings:
    +2
    Omega went full savage mode

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,842
    xOmega
    While I won't agree that this is something we'll get to this time around, that is definitely something I feel we can work on implementing. At the moment, my top priority would be to make sure that the content we currently have works the way we want it to work, and THEN we can start adding fancy features. I understand this can be a bit of an inconvenience from your perspective, but I hope you understand that I value functionality over fancy features and prioritize them as such, at least as much as I can.

19. Divertido

Divertido Explorer

Ratings:
    +202
    divertido
    i agree
    also idk but could we end the current map and let u guys focus on the new one its a bother right now with 40 players

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,842
    xOmega
    Wouldn't change much if the map stays up or doesn't - it's less optimal to shut it down than it is to simply keep it up - plus it allows content team to test bugs even if there is a lack of players actually playing.

• Creative Creative x 1