Top Voters | November

Discussion in 'Desteria Announcements' started by Omega, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,891
    xOmega
    [​IMG]
    Greetings Desterians!

November Top Voters

I'm here to announce the top voters of this last month! If you weren't aware, you can earn rewards from voting! You can find the specifics here. As for the last month of November, here are your winners! If you see your IGN on this list, please PM me here on the Forums or Discord to get your gift card.

1st. bow1234567 - 92 votes
    2nd. TheDarkSwordsman - 90 votes
    2nd. GamerGuy15 - 90 votes
    2nd. Kittkat15 - 90 votes
    3rd. GabriPisa - 89 votes

Congratulations to the users who've won. If you see your name on this, reach out to myself in PM either here on the Forums or on Discord and I'll get you your rewards!

EDIT: I had accidentally pulled the names from October's list when I originally wrote this - I have since fixed it and wrote down the correct values for November's Top Voters.

Cheers,

Omega || Management Team

#1 Omega, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Lucy

Lucy Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,103
    FanfuViish
    Congrats!
    Next time it'll be your name on that list @Owen, I have faith

3. GamerGuy15

GamerGuy15 Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit

Ratings:
    +26
    GamerGuy15
    This not the one from last month?

4. Syntrafice

Syntrafice Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,266
  5. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,891
    xOmega
    Edited in the correct amounts - sorry about the confusion. Thanks @GamerGuy15 for pointing that out to me.

6. Kay

Kay Helper
    Staff Member Helper Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +259
    ohKayla
    Congrats to the top 5 for supporting the server :)

7. JuiceBox1314

JuiceBox1314 Explorer

Ratings:
    +299
    Gamerguy in top voters - the real reason he got staff confirmed.

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. TheDarkSwordsman

Ratings:
    +0
    Ayyyy number 2

9. Subtact

Subtact Overlord

Ratings:
    +1,481
    Get the END some good loot xd

10. Syntrafice

Syntrafice Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,266
    on a scale of 1 to my dad how dead is this server atm?

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Sertefa

Sertefa Citizen

Ratings:
    +7
    MegaHertz65
    30 days has November with April, June and September,
    looks like timing it by 3 you don't get votes you did.

Seriously, Im not ok with this, @TheDarkSwordsman and the top one abused voting getting 2 extra votes, cheating with VPNs. I think they should be disqualified for doing so. This is what's written on every vote page http://prntscr.com/lrimfs .

I got seriosly mad at this, I will report the server if it doesn't take action. I had 89 votes and this is bullshit.

12. Lucy

Lucy Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,103
    FanfuViish
    You can't cheat the votes with VPNs. The voting pages only let you vote ONCE per Account name and per IP.
    That means if I voted on FanfuViish today and change my ip, it won't let me vote on FanfuViish again nonetheless.
    You could technically use a VPN to vote on multiple accounts BUT a VPN will block the captcha so unless you find one that bypasses that - doesn't work.

There is physically no way they "cheated".
    This was either due to their timezone that they could vote earlier than you or Omega counted them at a time where they were lucky to have the advantage.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sertefa

Sertefa Citizen

Ratings:
    +7
    MegaHertz65
    @Lucy sorry I don't know other ways to be in two different time zones other than VPN or buying a flying ticket to the other side of the world (only case where it's better to shop on desty store). Explain me how the **** they got 2 more votes that the maxium. TheDarkSwordsmen had lost two votes from the beginning of the month and with the same cheat bow used got them back at the end... Also each vote site closes at maxium of 30 votes if you don't cheat. The next vote after the 30th will be the first of the next month.

14. Lucy

Lucy Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,103
    FanfuViish
    I don't think you understood me correctly. Let me explain in an example:
    Let's say you live in the UK and your time is 1am on the first of December. Votes have not been reset yet so you vote and get up to 92 votes.
    In the US its only max 6pm on the 30 of december. That means US people cannot vote for the 1st of december yet - its still the 30th for them.
    An hour later votes are counted and reset. US people did not get the chance to vote for the 1st yet.

That is basically how I would explain the difference in votes - simply getting lucky in timing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:18 PM, Original Post Date: Dec 6, 2018 at 12:17 PM ---
    There of course could be other reasons for being able to achieve that but that is the most logical thing I can think of. I personally don't know any other ways one could get more votes.

15. nobbletynoop

nobbletynoop Explorer

Ratings:
    +168
    First announcement in almost a month, and it's been a day since it was posted and we are still on the first page?

What happened to this place lol

16. JuiceBox1314

JuiceBox1314 Explorer

Ratings:
    +299
    It's a top voters announcement. Tf kinda hype you think it's going to generate. Get your head out of your ass before spamming "dead server".

17. TheDarkSwordsman

Ratings:
    +0
    Sertefa, desteria is a us based server which means the month ends at 12:00 pm est two of the vote links are not in est meaning that you can get 2 more votes than triple the days, for me since I always voted at around 8:00 est my votes counted as December votes for the last 2. Hope this clears any confusion
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:03 PM, Original Post Date: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:01 PM ---
    @Lucy explained it pretty well except for the fact that time zones don’t matter it’s just you can do a extra vote in the time period from 6:00 to midnight. I myself used that in the US itself

18. nobbletynoop

nobbletynoop Explorer

Ratings:
    +168
    Even the top voter announcement threads would easily be 4+ pages long a year ago.

19. Sertefa

Sertefa Citizen

Ratings:
    +7
    MegaHertz65
    THINGS YOU MAY UNDERSTAND

@Lucy that's not really true. If it happened to reset at a certain time every ****ing month, there's no possible way for you to vote more than 30 times. What you're saying is a month got more hours if ur not in USA please read your ****ing words. You can vote till later in time, but as well you had started that month's voting later so you cannot get 1 extra vote unless you change your timezone.

I'll try explaining as I would to a kid.
    Do you agree the dudes who're at the highest date and time is GMT+12 right? And the latest time at the moment is in GMT-12. Let's say my timezone is GMT for staying simple. Ok, then the month starts for me at GMT+12's 12:00 do you agree? This means that in GMT+12 that month had already started since 12 hours ok?

Only way you could vote one more is by having at least 1 single hour more of time than 24*30. Is your dead brain ok with this?

THINGS I DOUBT YOU WILL.

Then you should consider something pretty easy, Ima use an example as you suck in geography. Do you got an idea of how new year's eve works around the world? Basically did you ever hear people having 2 new year's even in the same year? That's a perfect explanation on how those ***gots cheated the vote system. Basically you're at GMT+12 have party, then fly at GMT-12 and party again.

For vote2 works like it's 0:00 AM in some fixed timezone (idc what one) votes start for this mont. It's 0:00 AM in the same timezone after 30 days and votes stop for that month. This cannot be cheated at all. (i can prove this as a night i lost a vote i woke up at 3AM and voted for the previous day).

The fact is that the vote1 and vote3 thing allows you starting to vote for a month after your local time is 0:00 so your PC calendar says you're in that month to be easy. And guess what, the time you can vote for that mont ends exactly on 0:00 AM of the 1st of next month in your timezone. This makes the difference of when you start to where you end 24*30 hours.

But wait we said you needed at least 24*30+1 hours to get 31 votes. OUCH!
    You should be able understanding if you're smart enough. What they did is basically impossible without VPN or fly ticket.
    Still i'll explain more and tell you what bowNUMBERS and TheDarkSwordsman did.

HOW TO BE TheDarkSwordsman

First step. Move your timezone to a positive one where you're already in the new month.
    Second step. Vote before your local time would allow you to.
    Third step. Turn off VPN. Or wait for plane to take off and land.
    Fourth step. Now you're some hours later in time. And it's not even 0:00 AM in your contry.

Wait for the next month to begin. Vote. It's the first day and you already got two votes. GG.
    (If you lookup in the chat logs you would see they already were in advantage of 2 votes on the first days and this is how.)
    I'd like adding a step to this process but idk if will apply considering how many ****tons are around (@Omega).

Last step. Get banned by some bad staffer who couldn't work out you cheated without me to telling em.

Disclaimer. Please note: I halfed the post's size after removing good part of insults towards various Staff, Notch and Italian politicians. I don't really want to make an MS paint graph of the spinning (and not flat) Earth so **** off if you can't understand this basic stuff. This is the post where I've been the most respectful I could. I assumed November has 30 days in the math.

20. TheDarkSwordsman

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude ur actually so toxic
    As i already explained one vote site resets at 12;00, one at 6:00 and 1 at 7:00 u can vote 2 extra times than the number of days times 3. Before u start accusing me and annoying me, go. do. it. yourself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2018 at 5:59 PM ---
    time zone doesnt even matter, only the desteria count matters.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2018 at 6:06 PM ---
    if u want to, vote once at 5:59 on desteria.com/vote2 and then u will be able to vote again at 6:00