Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

To everyone afflicted by my past staffing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon

Helper
ok whatever rlol Carbon has changed a little bit but he literally changed from the period of
being staff > to wanting staff
says a lot
Alright. Thank you for your oppinion. I agree, yes, I would like staff.
Why are you apologizing to us, the community, rather than trying to better yourself and improve your actions to make a more enjoyable experience? It seems like this thread is an attempt to save your staff application from the constant negative feedback. If I were you, I wouldn't be applying for staff and wait a couple of months to interact with the community and make a positive name for yourself rather then blatantly asking for your position back because 'You want to fix past relations with the staff team". Why do you need a staff member rank to do that? You can always do it without one and act as a player on desteria.
I don't just want to fix my relationship with the staff team. I want to be a great staff member, and improve myself.
You get tested.
People want to see how you react to different situations.

Here's what most ppl don't get when staffing.
If you want to stay and have a good motivating time on the team. Be on both sides.

I found giving out to warnings to be a great tool.
You let people know that you're serious about it yet also give them an opportunity to better themselves before it's too late.

If they continue with what ever thing you warned for, well then you obviously got a proper reason to mute them.

You're not there to deal out punishments you're there to helt the community which includes taking action against toxicity not triggering people into getting even more toxic.
I do think warnings are an amazing tool. However people take advantage of them. How come you warned him and not me?
[doublepost=1549934763,1549934678][/doublepost]I had to resign from the staff team on terms I could not control. Some stuff happened in my life.

GuildArts

Backpacker
I believe at the time of writing my application I showed respect to a lot of people. But in any case. Thank you for your opinion on the subject matter. I see you've expressed it thoroughly throughout my pages.

I think everyone gets harassed by the community when they are recruit. It's one of the first things we are taught.
This is the first time commenting on your situation, but yes thank you for overreacting and getting super defensive and ignoring all my points. You would be a great staff!

Carbon

Helper
This is the first time commenting on your situation, but yes thank you for overreacting and getting super defensive and ignoring all my points. You would be a great staff!
I'm sorry, your profile picture looks extremely similar to that of people who are harrassing me.
Your points are that: 1. I'm hated by the community.
2.im gonna get harrassed.
3. I'm not showing you respect.
Imo I have responded to your points sufficently. No need for the snide and sarcastic remarks.

GuildArts

Backpacker
I'm sorry, your profile picture looks extremely similar to that of people who are harrassing me.
Imo I have responded to your points sufficently. No need for the snide and sarcastic remarks.
Right, maybe you should read my comments properly if that's all you got from it. I'm gonna stop commenting now. Clearly you are very stubborn and defensive. You take everything as harassment, instead of something to consider and maybe improve on. Most things in this thread have already been contradicted by yourself. I'd wish you luck in your power struggle, but i'd rather not feed your ego.

Carbon

Helper
Right, maybe you should read my comments properly if that's all you got from it. I'm gonna stop commenting now. Clearly you are very stubborn and defensive. You take everything as harassment, instead of something to consider and maybe improve on. Most things in this thread have already been contradicted by yourself. I'd wish you luck in your power struggle, but i'd rather not feed your ego.
Alright.

Omega

General Manager
Staff member
Manager
I am making this post to make a general statement about my past mutes and punishments. Along with how I conducted myself during my time on the staff team. So, let's start this off by saying that I am a human, I have needs and wants just like everyone else. Along with that, sometimes our motives don’t always follow our morals.
So. When I was a staff member, as most of you know, I followed the rules. Took them out of context and was very stubborn that I was always right. As a general statement I would like to make before getting into the beef of this thread, I’ve changed. I know anyone can say that, and it’s hard to believe sometimes. Hopefully this thread helps to outline my mistakes, and how I’ve changed and grown as a person.

I hated being wrong -
Don’t we all? With most of my mutes, I knew I was wrong. But I kept pushing. Looking back on it now, it was a stupid thing to do. I spent countless hours fighting with Omega in PM’s and he would spend hours repeating the same thing to me over and over. When I was staff before, All I wanted was to be right. And now I see that being right is not what really matters, it is making the right choices.

I was very stubborn -
As a staff member, I could never listen to another person’s ways. I would always fall back into my old routine. I would never listen to the viewpoints of players, And I think that that is a reason most of the communities' views on me are negative ones. I see now that in a dispute, the other person’s viewpoint matters the most. And if I saw that while I was staff, most of my mutes wouldn’t have happened.

As Omega says, a lot can change in a few months. a lot of change has gone on with my personality. I have matured and learned from my mistakes. So, I am asking the community, and the staff team for a chance to prove that I have changed.
Thank you for reading.
You mention a few things in these sections that I'll point out and why I see this as a complete facade.

"Took them out of context and was very stubborn that I was always right"
"I've changed"
"anyone can say that, and it's hard to believe"
"..and how I've changed and grown as a person."
"..I know I was wrong, but I kept pushing."
"..all I wanted was to be right."
"And now I see that being right is not what really matters, it is making the right choices."
"I could never listen to another person's ways."
"I would always fall back into my old routine."
"I would never listen to the viewpoints of players.."
"...the other person's viewpoint matters the most."

These are all things that you said during the original statement...I'm not even going to look at all your responses because the latest one sums it up pretty well.

Look at all the things you've been able to recognize it, but clearly not enough time to actually apply them as we'll see even more below.

I

Summing up people's points without actually acknowledging them word-for-word is never a good idea because you generally end up dropping some fairly important phrasing that adds a lot of validity to their statements. For example, you aren't listing WHY the community doesn't really like you - which is off to begin with because nobody really hates you - they just don't like how you act. You're going to get harassed because you failed to understand the fundamental reason why people would want to harass you. Wait, I take that back - you understand it, you just don't apply it.

I

"I've changed"
"And now I see that being right is not what really matters, it is making the right choices."

I'll leave it at that.

GuildArts

Backpacker
You mention a few things in these sections that I'll point out and why I see this as a complete facade.

"I've changed"

These are all things that you said during the original statement...I'm not even going to look at all your responses because the latest one sums it up pretty well.

Look at all the things you've been able to recognize it, but clearly not enough time to actually apply them as we'll see even more below.

Summing up people's points without actually acknowledging them word-for-word is never a good idea because you generally end up dropping some fairly important phrasing that adds a lot of validity to their statements. For example, you aren't listing WHY the community doesn't really like you - which is off to begin with because nobody really hates you - they just don't like how you act. You're going to get harassed because you failed to understand the fundamental reason why people would want to harass you. Wait, I take that back - you understand it, you just don't apply it.

"I've changed"

I'll leave it at that.
Thank you

Mystah

Crusader

"I've changed"

"I've changed"

I'll leave it at that.
@Carbon as i've said before I haven't had any encounters with you before but your career was just ended in the worst way possible
deleting your staff app is probably the best thing you can do right now

and tbh that was ****ing hilarious

Carbon

Helper
Do u ever own up to your past problems? The only thing u seem to do is ****ing defend yourself. OWN UP MY *****!!!

Just gonna leave this here lmfao https://gyazo.com/087b9d903f0e06f478017cbfb2bb8347
I'm not defending myself. I'm owning up to all of my issues. Thank you for posting that screenshot again.
[doublepost=1549970674,1549970619][/doublepost]
@Carbon as i've said before I haven't had any encounters with you before but your career was just ended in the worst way possible
deleting your staff app is probably the best thing you can do right now

and tbh that was ****ing hilarious
I didn't have a choice when I had to resign. I had somthing really big come up.
[doublepost=1549971156][/doublepost]Well, you all got your wish. Hopefully this will be a first step in reducing the community hate towards me.

Tea

Forest Guardian
I am making this post to make a general statement about my past mutes and punishments. Along with how I conducted myself during my time on the staff team. So, let's start this off by saying that I am a human, I have needs and wants just like everyone else. Along with that, sometimes our motives don’t always follow our morals.
So. When I was a staff member, as most of you know, I followed the rules. Took them out of context and was very stubborn that I was always right. As a general statement I would like to make before getting into the beef of this thread, I’ve changed. I know anyone can say that, and it’s hard to believe sometimes. Hopefully this thread helps to outline my mistakes, and how I’ve changed and grown as a person.

I hated being wrong -
Don’t we all? With most of my mutes, I knew I was wrong. But I kept pushing. Looking back on it now, it was a stupid thing to do. I spent countless hours fighting with Omega in PM’s and he would spend hours repeating the same thing to me over and over. When I was staff before, All I wanted was to be right. And now I see that being right is not what really matters, it is making the right choices.

I was very stubborn -
As a staff member, I could never listen to another person’s ways. I would always fall back into my old routine. I would never listen to the viewpoints of players, And I think that that is a reason most of the communities' views on me are negative ones. I see now that in a dispute, the other person’s viewpoint matters the most. And if I saw that while I was staff, most of my mutes wouldn’t have happened.

Omega -
At the beginning of my staffing carrier, Logic told me that omega was a “big scary manager” and in the beginning, I wanted to be friends with him. Soon though, my relationship with Omega deteriorated. We never really were friends. I feel like all the things I did recklessly affected omega more than anyone else. Omega was the person arguing with me for hours in PM’s. He was the person who cleaned up after me, even if he didn’t fully agree with me. He spent hours repeating himself. I’m dreadfully sorry that I wasn’t nicer to you Omega. I see now that I was wrong, About everything.
View attachment 29165
This is a picture taken during one of our disputes. Yes, even Omega was not fond of me. Throughout my staffing carrier, Omega has always pushed me to do better. And I have given him nothing in return besides false promises, and restless nights. I want to fix my relationship with Omega. And other members on the staff team.

The player base -
I know most of you are not that forgiving, I’ve been with you guys for a few years. I know what I did was wrong. And I want to fix it. I really wasn’t sure on how to fix my relationship and view in the community, but this is what I came up with. I know most of my punishments were wrong, but my drive to always be right was so overpowering that I lost touch with what was right anymore. This break from the staff team has helped me to take a step back and reconnect. I now know that my punishments were unwarranted, and in most cases downright laughable.

The staff team -
Where do I even begin with you guys. During my staffing carrier, I put a mask on, And I found it very hard to take off. That is not an excuse for the way I treated any of you. It is an explanation, and I would like to say that now, with my short time apart from the community, I have finally taken that mask off. The reason why I put a mask on was simply put: to be more likeable. Everyone gets nervous about joining a team. Obviously it got out of hand quickly, and I didn’t know how to stop it.

View attachment 29166

As Omega says, a lot can change in a few months. a lot of change has gone on with my personality. I have matured and learned from my mistakes. So, I am asking the community, and the staff team for a chance to prove that I have changed.
Thank you for reading.

Looks to me that you made this post simply to get empathy from the player base to catapult yourself back into staff but obviously that backfired. You don't understand that this community has had Ambushment as it's owner, the person who made posts similar to these 24/7 so as far as I'm aware they don't buy into this one bit. If you were serious in any sort of way about this post you would have

1. Identified your flaws (As you have done in this thread)
  2. have worked on bettering yourself and being an all together more consistent person
  3. Then would have made a forums post constructed differently to apologies (but no one does this unless its serious lol)
Also your screenshots seem to have been placed there just to exaggerate everything lol. Anyway, it's weird you want to jump into staff to 'redeem' yourself as that just seems childish and immature. You don't need staff to be a better person, if anything you can do that by yourself and work on progressing yourself. Stop moping around and just do it lol.

Carbon

Helper
Looks to me that you made this post simply to get empathy from the player base to catapult yourself back into staff but obviously that backfired. You don't understand that this community has had Ambushment as it's owner, the person who made posts similar to these 24/7 so as far as I'm aware they don't buy into this one bit. If you were serious in any sort of way about this post you would have

1. Identified your flaws (As you have done in this thread)
  2. have worked on bettering yourself and being an all together more consistent person
  3. Then would have made a forums post constructed differently to apologies (but no one does this unless its serious lol)
Also your screenshots seem to have been placed there just to exaggerate everything lol. Anyway, it's weird you want to jump into staff to 'redeem' yourself as that just seems childish and immature. You don't need staff to be a better person, if anything you can do that by yourself and work on progressing yourself. Stop moping around and just do it lol.
I've deleted my staff app. But thank you for taking the time to write that out. I found out the hard way that I can't just"do it" when everyone keeps bringing up past events. I can never deal with the future if I'm always worrying about the past.

Tea

Forest Guardian
I've deleted my staff app. But thank you for taking the time to write that out. I found out the hard way that I can't just"do it" when everyone keeps bringing up past events. I can never deal with the future if I'm always worrying about the past.
If you're just going to keep on bringing up excuses you never will lol, this community isn't forgiving but they will give a chance to those who deserve it and actually work for it.

Carbon

Helper
If you're just going to keep on bringing up excuses you never will lol, this community isn't forgiving but they will give a chance to those who deserve it and actually work for it.
Alright.
The community won't even remember who I am tomorrow.

In any sense, I'm requesting this thread get locked. @Omega @Corbin @Bonfiyah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.