To everyone afflicted by my past staffing

Discussion in 'General' started by Carbon, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbon

Carbon Helper

Ratings:
    +122
    Carbun
    I am making this post to make a general statement about my past mutes and punishments. Along with how I conducted myself during my time on the staff team. So, let's start this off by saying that I am a human, I have needs and wants just like everyone else. Along with that, sometimes our motives don’t always follow our morals.
    So. When I was a staff member, as most of you know, I followed the rules. Took them out of context and was very stubborn that I was always right. As a general statement I would like to make before getting into the beef of this thread, I’ve changed. I know anyone can say that, and it’s hard to believe sometimes. Hopefully this thread helps to outline my mistakes, and how I’ve changed and grown as a person.

I hated being wrong -
    Don’t we all? With most of my mutes, I knew I was wrong. But I kept pushing. Looking back on it now, it was a stupid thing to do. I spent countless hours fighting with Omega in PM’s and he would spend hours repeating the same thing to me over and over. When I was staff before, All I wanted was to be right. And now I see that being right is not what really matters, it is making the right choices.

I was very stubborn -
    As a staff member, I could never listen to another person’s ways. I would always fall back into my old routine. I would never listen to the viewpoints of players, And I think that that is a reason most of the communities' views on me are negative ones. I see now that in a dispute, the other person’s viewpoint matters the most. And if I saw that while I was staff, most of my mutes wouldn’t have happened.

Omega -
    At the beginning of my staffing carrier, Logic told me that omega was a “big scary manager” and in the beginning, I wanted to be friends with him. Soon though, my relationship with Omega deteriorated. We never really were friends. I feel like all the things I did recklessly affected omega more than anyone else. Omega was the person arguing with me for hours in PM’s. He was the person who cleaned up after me, even if he didn’t fully agree with me. He spent hours repeating himself. I’m dreadfully sorry that I wasn’t nicer to you Omega. I see now that I was wrong, About everything.
    upload_2019-2-11_16-27-12.png
    This is a picture taken during one of our disputes. Yes, even Omega was not fond of me. Throughout my staffing carrier, Omega has always pushed me to do better. And I have given him nothing in return besides false promises, and restless nights. I want to fix my relationship with Omega. And other members on the staff team.

The player base -
    I know most of you are not that forgiving, I’ve been with you guys for a few years. I know what I did was wrong. And I want to fix it. I really wasn’t sure on how to fix my relationship and view in the community, but this is what I came up with. I know most of my punishments were wrong, but my drive to always be right was so overpowering that I lost touch with what was right anymore. This break from the staff team has helped me to take a step back and reconnect. I now know that my punishments were unwarranted, and in most cases downright laughable.

The staff team -
    Where do I even begin with you guys. During my staffing carrier, I put a mask on, And I found it very hard to take off. That is not an excuse for the way I treated any of you. It is an explanation, and I would like to say that now, with my short time apart from the community, I have finally taken that mask off. The reason why I put a mask on was simply put: to be more likeable. Everyone gets nervous about joining a team. Obviously it got out of hand quickly, and I didn’t know how to stop it.

upload_2019-2-11_16-27-12.png

As Omega says, a lot can change in a few months. a lot of change has gone on with my personality. I have matured and learned from my mistakes. So, I am asking the community, and the staff team for a chance to prove that I have changed.
    Thank you for reading.

#1 Carbon, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. August

August Crusader

Ratings:
    +816
    for the love of god get rid of your furry profile picture im losing brain cells

• Like Like x 1
  3. ohsmack

ohsmack Previously SmackdownNinja

Ratings:
    +25
    your pfp hurts me internally

• Like Like x 1
  4. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +331
    Narwhalogy
    just wanna know why you want staff again lol

5. Carbon

Carbon Helper

Ratings:
    +122
    Carbun
    I'm sorry you don't like cats.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 11, 2019 ---
    I want to fix my past relationships with the staff team, And better myself.

6. Hitmaka

Hitmaka Explorer

Ratings:
    +247
    no more anime

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +331
    Narwhalogy
    no

8. Carbon

Carbon Helper

Ratings:
    +122
    Carbun
    Alright. I'm sorry you feel that way. You seem personally offended by me, Did I do something directly towards you?

9. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +331
    Narwhalogy
    good night

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    lol, I love you. I got you, have a good sleep!
    You don't have to do something directly to someone to generate hate towards yourself. You, as a person, are just generally hard to like, most likely because of the qualities you listed. You said you put a mask on to seem more likable, in fact - it did quite the opposite. I only knew you when you were staff, you seemed very uptight and irritable. When I was muted under false pretenses, I had a debate with you in discord, just to have it solved in discord. Do you know how much time you could've saved out of my day if you had just admitted you were wrong? I don't dislike you anymore... In fact, I'm TRYING to like you. It's very hard to do when you post things like this though. This post doesn't seem genuine, if you wanted it to seem genuine, then you shouldn't argue with people in the comments.

11. GuildArts

GuildArts Backpacker

Ratings:
    +47
    If you want to fix your relationship with the community you shouldn't be applying for staff. Everything you seem to be doing is like you are only doing it to be staff. The only reason you have apologized and "changed" is because of the backlash received on your application. If you want the community to give you another chance, do us a favor and delete it. You are just power hungry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Fluffy

Fluffy Ambassador

Ratings:
    +6,069
    iFluffy
    Always remember this is a game. And actions speak louder than words.

Anyone can say they have ”matured” but in all reality they're just trying to put on a fake face and fool the word with their false promises, like you said. I've done it. Gone through it with the very the man himself, @Omega. But people who ”mature” don't say it. You just DO IT. Prove to the people, the staff team, and omega you have. Telling them (especially him) won’t do you any good. You have to prove it. And writing a thread on the matter isn’t how you do it fully, but it’s a good step.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

-Fluffy.
    Being on the staff team is really at the end of the day just about power. There is a few (rare to find) that are actually here to make the server improve and make it a better place for not only themselves but the player base as well. You can’t do much until you move yourself up, but the lower ranks are definitely important; don’t get me wrong. However you really can’t make much of a difference until you’ve moved up and proved your loyalty/worth to the management team.

I’ve never observed or really staffed with this young man, but he seems he wants to improve. Everyone deserves at least a chance to prove it. Regardless of their past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. WuYi

WuYi Crusader

Ratings:
    +542
    I've heard quite a lot of different stuff from here n there...

And in all honesty yeah **** can change over a couple months.
    But no person will so fundamentally change over just months.

I would suggest waiting around a year and then trying again once you actually reevaluate your personality.

Sorry.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Carbon

Carbon Helper

Ratings:
    +122
    Carbun
    I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to argue.
    I am trying to show people that I have matured. I just don't really know how to show it.
    I feel everyone that says to delete my staff application needs to understand what it takes to be staff. Honestly.

15. WuYi

WuYi Crusader

Ratings:
    +542

How to be useful mature on a server dedicated to blocks

Do suggestions proper realistic relevant suggestions
    Answer questions
    File reports if you see illegal stuff
    And just in general be a good person, it's hard in the start but not so much once you get the hang of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. GuildArts

GuildArts Backpacker

Ratings:
    +47
    You are hated by the community right now, even if you somehow get staff you are going to be harassed and picked on by the community. We don't need to understand what it takes to be staff, we know how a good staff treats and respect us. Which you have not shown in the past, nor showing at the moment of your application. Every action you are taking at the moment is in hope to help you get staff.

Honestly i have nothing against you, but just by reading everything you have posted/ replied to. I believe you have not changed. If you wan't to prove that you have, you shouldn't be asking for staff so you can prove it lmao.

17. Carbon

Carbon Helper

Ratings:
    +122
    Carbun
    I believe at the time of writing my application I showed respect to a lot of people. But in any case. Thank you for your opinion on the subject matter. I see you've expressed it thoroughly throughout my pages.
    I think everyone gets harassed by the community when they are recruit. It's one of the first things we are taught.

18. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +331
    Narwhalogy
    ok whatever rlol Carbon has changed a little bit but he literally changed from the period of
    being staff > to wanting staff
    says a lot

19. Rain

Rain Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,353
    Why are you apologizing to us, the community, rather than trying to better yourself and improve your actions to make a more enjoyable experience? It seems like this thread is an attempt to save your staff application from the constant negative feedback. If I were you, I wouldn't be applying for staff and wait a couple of months to interact with the community and make a positive name for yourself rather then blatantly asking for your position back because 'You want to fix past relations with the staff team". Why do you need a staff member rank to do that? You can always do it without one and act as a player on desteria.

20. WuYi

WuYi Crusader

Ratings:
    +542
    You get tested.
    People want to see how you react to different situations.

Here's what most ppl don't get when staffing.
    If you want to stay and have a good motivating time on the team. Be on both sides.

I found giving out to warnings to be a great tool.
    You let people know that you're serious about it yet also give them an opportunity to better themselves before it's too late.

If they continue with what ever thing you warned for, well then you obviously got a proper reason to mute them.

You're not there to deal out punishments you're there to helt the community which includes taking action against toxicity not triggering people into getting even more toxic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.