TnTFill Command Revamp!

Discussion in 'Desteria Announcements' started by Logic, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Logic

Logic Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +2,722
    LogicMia
    [​IMG]

Greetings Desterians!

I'm excited to bring to you today what's been demanded for months. As of tonight's reboot, when you log into the server, you'll be using a full revamped version of the TnTFill command. In the past the command was buggy, inefficient, and arguably made your life harder when filling dispensers than it would be as opposed to doing it by hand. We've since completely redesigned the command from the ground up to make it more efficient, consistent, and useful. Let's get straight into it!

Command Syntax

[​IMG]

As described above, the command will be used with two arguments. The first will designate how big of a radius you want to scan for dispensers (the maximum is a 32 block radius (meaning it will scan two-chunks worth of blocks to your left, right, forwards, and backwards)), and the second is to designate how much TnT you want in each dispenser.

Before you complain about the radius being too small, fear not! We've accounted for this. The plugin is designed in such a way that we don't need a larger radius. If you want 64 TnT in all of your dispensers, and use the command to do so, but then re-use the command a few blocks to the side to ensure you haven't missed any dispensers - any dispensers with the amount of TnT you designated already inside will be ignored. This means you can spam the command around your cannon, and not worry about doubling-up any dispensers.

New Functionality

[​IMG]

This is my personal favorite part of the new plugin. One of the chief issues with the old plugin was that you could only distribute as much TnT to your cannon as you had TnT in your inventory. This meant you could never fill more than 2304 TnT at a time. Nonsense. Our new plugin allows you to place as much TnT as you could possibly like, in one command usage. How did we accomplish this? Simple! We tied it into the economy.

First, your inventory will be checked to see if it contains sufficient TnT to execute the command - filling all the dispensers in your listed radius with the listed amount of TnT. If you have enough TnT, it'll be taken, and the command will execute!

If you lack the necessary TnT though, the command will ask you if you want to buy the rest of the TnT. The plugin does the math to calculate the /shop value of the amount of TnT you'd need to fully execute the command. If you decide you're willing to pay to get the rest of your TnT, click the confirmation, and the command will execute.

It will only be charging you for the amount of TnT you still needed after your inventory was checked. Once you've clicked to confirm, your inventory will be cleared of TnT, money will be deducted out of your account, and the command will successfully fill the dispensers. Decide you don't want to pay? Simply ignore the message, and nothing will happen!

Conclusion
    And that's about it for this update! If you have any questions about the functionality of the command, feel free to ask in the comments below and I'd be happy to answer them. Otherwise, we hope you're happy with this, the first of many content releases scheduled for the summer.

Furthermore, I know many of you are probably chomping at the bit with regards to the Besen release, but don't worry, it's coming next. Oh, but also, don't worry! We haven't been spending our time twiddling our thumbs as the Besen map winds down, we've been busy working on the content we've promised you. We promised you weekly content releases, and next week is no exception. If anything, it's our biggest new release yet. We've got an announcement for you then just like this week's. You might wonder though, Logic, you also just promised Besen is the next announcement coming!?

...You aren't wrong. What does that mean? You'll just want to wait and find out.

GET HYPED.

Logic // Management

• Like Like x 3
    • Hype Hype x 1
    • Savage Savage x 1
  2. sim1771

sim1771 Citizen

Ratings:
    +54
    Sim127
    Yeeeeeet

3. Mythiixx

Mythiixx Citizen

Ratings:
    +99
  4. GoldlordOpGamin

GoldlordOpGamin Peasant

Ratings:
    +0
  5. Ganp

Ganp Previously ganp

Ratings:
    +32
    you made a jew happy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. GoldLess

GoldLess Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +379
    GG, can’t wait to use this command!

7. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Crusader

Ratings:
    +803
    I'll try it out myself soon but it looks sick.

Infrastructure is sexy!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Escad

Escad Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit Event Team

Ratings:
    +1,528
    Escad_
    oi, my speculation was right, /tntfill rework

9. Instrict420

Instrict420 Backpacker

Ratings:
    +41
  10. Shattia

Shattia Peasant

Ratings:
    +7
  11. Ryan

Ryan Crusader

Ratings:
    +631
    Ryan_1998
    Nice job, just tested this out

12. PylonicPanda

PylonicPanda Explorer

Ratings:
    +117
    Omg YAS YAS i was never able to figure out how to use the old one, and I love the buying tnt stuff