Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

-=The Ultimate List of Desteria Scammers=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cade

Overlord
Hi everyone, Razelite here. I bring to you today a list of all known/attempted scammers on Desteria. Except, I don't have it yet. That's why it's up to YOU to find these guys.
If someone is on this list, it means that they either successfully scammed someone, attempted to scam someone, or are suspected of trying to scam someone. It is highly recommended that everyone checks this list before trading with someone. The differences between the things mentioned above are going to be outlined later in the post.

If you would like to submit someone onto this list, please use the following template below, please comment copy and paste the following as a comment below:

Name of Accused Scammer: (Their IGN)
Type of Scam: (IRL, /trade scam, other)
Date: (When did the attempted scam occur?)
Realm: (On which realm did the attempted scam occur?)
Evidence: (Please post screenshot or video evidence here)

If a scammer/accused scammer would like to appeal to have their name removed from the list, they are allowed to use the following appeal, please copy and paste the following as a comment on this thread:

Appeal
Name: (Your IGN)
Type of Scam committed/accused of committing: (Which type of scam were you accused of committing?)
Date Accused: (At what date were you accused of scamming?)
Report: (Please screenshot/copy+paste the report that got you on this list here)
Explanation: (Were you scamming? Weren't you? What will you do in the future to prevent this?

If your appeal is accepted your name will be moved to the watch list for two weeks. If no more scams or attempted scams are reported for two weeks, your name will be permanently removed from the list. If you are convicted again, your name will remain forever on this thread.

The List:
CONFIRMED SCAMMERS:
If a person is on this list, it means there was absolute evidence that gave reason beyond a shadow of doubt that the person(s) listed here scammed items away from a victim. A screenshot of the report(s) that led them to their name on this list will be posted next to their names.

ATTEMPTED SCAMMERS:
If a person is on this list, it means there is absolute evidence that gives reason beyond a shadow of doubt that the person(s) listed here attempted to rob items either through the use of /trade or IRL from a victim. However, in this case, items were not actually taken, though they should have been.

SUSPECTED SCAMMERS:

If a person is on this list, there is little-significant evidence that this person attempted to or did successfully scam someone, but not enough to prove it.A screenshot of the report(s) that led them to their name on this list will be posted next to their names.

APPEALED SCAMMERS:

If a person is on this list, it means that they were a scammer on one of the lists above and appealed using the template above, and that their appeal has been accepted. They will be on this list for two weeks.A screenshot of the report(s) that led them to their name on this list will be posted next to their names, along with the original date of them being on this list.

This point of this thread is simply awareness. It is in no way official and made without the help of any of the Staff Team. It is up to players what to do with the information, but I strongly advise you not to trade with any of the above mentioned names. And remember: it is up to you to report these guys!

I sort of just thought of this off the top of my head, but I pledge to maintain this page for as long as I think necessary.

Last edited:

OGwHeist

Citizen
This is a good idea. I tried to make one like this, but it failed since I was discouraged on another account lel

xHerobrine

Overlord
This sort of thing shouldn't even be made. It's a nice idea and all, and thoughtful, but I think it's better to make a thread of how not to be scammed instead. Teaching players what commands they can use for trading, and not to be so trusting.

Scuff

Forest Guardian
If this is managed by one specific staff member, sure. @MCorgano one had something similar. If staff have to manage it (reviewers, etc.) No. Too time consuming and scamming is allowed. Good idea if created and monitored by only one person. ^^

There are a lot of scammers, too many to list, and this list will only make people afraid of each other. As xHerobrine said, make a post on how not to be scammed in the first place.

Cade

Overlord
There are a lot of scammers, too many to list, and this list will only make people afraid of each other. As xHerobrine said, make a post on how not to be scammed in the first place.
There are already many of those, and they never get looked at as much as they should. Regarding your other point, people should be scared of getting scammed and this list will help them prevent that.

MCorgano

Crusader
isn't there already one of these?
also put juliom11 on there, he stole a flower from someone's garden back in 3.0
There was! Two actually. First one was the thirty-second post on the forums, and was lost in a forum crash

If this is managed by one specific staff member, sure. @MCorgano one had something similar. If staff have to manage it (reviewers, etc.) No. Too time consuming and scamming is allowed. Good idea if created and monitored by only one person. ^^
My problem wasn't so much editing / monitoring it. IT got a bit tricky at first, but I ended up creating a script that I just had a big .txt file, with
accountname
summary of why they were added
link to post with proof
accountname
summary of why they were added
link to post with proof
And i could run it, and it would read the "tpascam.txt" and "scam.txt" and generate the raw bbcode to copy-paste into the op. The problem is when I left, There was no easy way for me to give the list to someone else, so it fell into disuse...

Back in desteria 2.0 / 3.0 I ran the KSL and people loved it. I got usually 2-3 good reports with real evidence per day. The more people on the list, the more people hear about it, the more people use it to avoid scammers, the more people make it onto the list. Some days I had 10+ new reports. Really wish the old list wasn't lost :(.

@Princeps
The biggest thing about having a list like this is making sure it's EVIDENCE driven. People accuse other players of scamming literally every minute of every day - accusations are worthless. If you say "so and so said this guy was scamming" it's meaningless, but if you say "So an so was scamming, here are screenshots of them actually scamming" then it's easier to show you have no bias and that the list, works.

The second thing is, every time you'rein chat and see someone complain about being scammed, link them to the list. It takes a while to get people to use the list. it took me a good amount of time as well, but keep at it and eventually it will be immensely useful.

Just keep up with it, daily, and it will catch on. Maybe even stickied one day.

temp

Nobility
Name: (Your IGN)
Type of Scam committed/accused of committing: (Which type of scam were you accused of committing?)
Date Accused: (At what date were you accused of scamming?)
Report: (Please screenshot/copy+paste the report that got you on this list here)
Explanation: (Were you scamming? Weren't you? What will you do in the future to prevent this?
Name: iloveponies1234
Date: Just now
Report: Idk
Explanation: I em africanz I need le monii $$$

Yazability

Nobility
Hello I am yaz i am 13 years old and I want to surrende pls don't arrest me I just wanted that cookie so yeah I stole a cookie from ambushment then gave it to fanvufish and then stole it back and gave it to Anatheoreaqueen but she threw it in my face because it wasn't an Oreo so I took it to Eraze and he couldn't eat it so I stole it back cause u know why not and then I took to tea but he only wanted one of those fancy British cookies to eat with his tea so then I stole it back and ate it and like yesterday it came out of my but so I went to see the doctor and he said its normal but idk so pls help

Adolphin

Ambassador
Hello I am yaz i am 13 years old and I want to surrende pls don't arrest me I just wanted that cookie so yeah I stole a cookie from ambushment then gave it to fanvufish and then stole it back and gave it to Anatheoreaqueen but she threw it in my face because it wasn't an Oreo so I took it to Eraze and he couldn't eat it so I stole it back cause u know why not and then I took to tea but he only wanted one of those fancy British cookies to eat with his tea so then I stole it back and ate it and like yesterday it came out of my but so I went to see the doctor and he said its normal but idk so pls help
Fukr shouldve given it to milkweeds she eats everything

Status
Not open for further replies.