The New Manager

Discussion in 'General' started by Adolphin, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Adolphin

Adolphin Ambassador

Ratings:
    +5,784
    Rebus
    Let's be honest here: Bethy is probably going to rank-skip all the way to Manager now that Logic is gone. It might be for the best, honestly.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Nate

Nate Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,604
    Or me

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Justin

Justin Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,883
    nome

4. Wavy

Wavy Explorer

Ratings:
    +221
    WavyXO
    I’m sure omega will do an amazing job keeping up his end. Although from looking at the past, it’s clearly not a job to be taken on by a single person. I hope and believe a new manager should be added to the team soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,621
    XxOmega
    That being said, I know quite a few people who did exactly that.

Talora being one of the most memorable in my opinion. She was thrown into a Manager role from Helper and had to single-handedly deal with the server while also getting major flack from the community for her fast promotion because Reability forgot to promote her every few weeks and just instantly promoted her instead. He then fell off the face of the planet and left her alone to run the whole thing. lol

• Like Like x 4
  6. Tabby

Tabby Crusader

Ratings:
    +813
    TabbyTops
    I wonder if Logic told Omega before he did it lol

7. Purposive

Purposive Previously Wazizle

Ratings:
    +54
    Good luck...
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Sep 12, 2018 ---
    + I wouldn't mind having Bethy back as manager.

8. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +241
    I don’t think that’s a good idea!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Purposive

Ratings:
    +54
    Why?

10. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +241
    oh nothing really, I don’t really care about the previous issues with her it’s just that she needs A LOT of time to adjust

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Purposive

Ratings:
    +54
    Yeah, I only stated I would like to see her back didn't specify when.

12. SilentCoyote

SilentCoyote Citizen

Ratings:
    +13
    Can someone link me where it says Logic is leaving?

13. Fall

Fall Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,067
    Personally, I would disagree with hiring Bethy as a replacement for Logic. As it stands, Bethy has just returned, she shouldn't be instantly promoted. I do believe Omega can handle himself and can excel at being the sole manager, but if a new manager was to be hired, I would say that it should be from someone within the staff team, or, at a push, the community. Someone who is up to date with current affairs and state, someone who knows their stuff, yet also someone who can handle the position both maturity and responsibility wise.

Having said that, like I said, I think Omega will be good on his own, at least for now.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. JamesDaKill

JamesDaKill Nobility

Ratings:
    +906
    JamesDaKill
    Logic had only just come back when he got manager too :p

@Bethy was manager here up until 9 months ago and has already been working on getting back into the community. In my opinion at least, Bethy is a manager at heart and it will all just come back naturally to her. Leins, Tea and Logic were not suited for the manager role in my opinion as they weren't the best with dealing with people, approaching them with issues and leading them, whereas, at least during the short time I got to work with Bethy, she was good at those things. When she came to me about issues I didn't feel threatened or misunderstood, she just asked me to explain my side of the story and I was able to calmly do so and she would listen, understand and if necessary explain to me why I should've done something slightly differently, without making me feel like trash. The team just felt a lot more united and fair with her.

I obviously disliked how she bailed on us in December, but I do genuinely believe that she's learnt from it and views it as a mistake. Due to her past work, good managerial personality traits, and the reputation she's built up on here, I'd be willing to give her another chance. Just my opinion

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rob

Rob Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +8,606
    I don't think Bethy just joining will stop anything though, I mean I think more managers now get promoted again after leaving for a while than.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Tabby

Tabby Crusader

Ratings:
    +813
    TabbyTops
    I do agree with you on what you said about bethy. However, I don't think Omega will excel at being the sole manager. Honestly, I think Bethy will get manager soon though. The server is in a bad state, remaining players want a reset but they aren't prepared with new content yet, one of the two managers has resigned, more staff are leaving than ones being recruited and the event realm hasn't had an event in ages (away from easy red rovers)... All this just makes me think Bethy will be hired as a manager soon. I would prefer it if she didn't get it so easily (because it is so predictable) but I feel Lemon would be desparate right now. Ofcourse Omega can do everything by himself but like he said, with his time schedule staying the same things will be done slower than before.

Cansky could possibly become a new manager but personally I see him best as an admin with those duties suiting him most. He also has school starting up soon (if not now) so he will have less time like he has stated before. On top of all that he wants to go back to playing factions again (with that community poll a while back) but if he becomes manager there is no chance in it. I don't know Cansky that well but I'd actually say he would decline the offer for manager if he got it lol. I don't know why, I just think he would.

Bethy is the best bet for a new manager as she has all the experience but I wouldn't mind someone in the community becoming one like you said. The thing is I don't know who and that's a bad sign because if we all can't think of someone instantly, it wont be great lol. Omega has told me in PMs that people have approached him interested in the role however so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Could just be someone old but then we have the same problem as Bethy, someone who is just returning.

#16 Tabby, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. JMan

JMan Ambassador

Ratings:
    +4,891
    There are two ways to get Manager.
    1. You've been Manager before. (Annie, Omega, Omen, Bethy, etc.)
    2. You're a fecking god, and actually catch Lemons (maybe Omegas) attention. (Tea, Leins, Omega, etc.)

There have been sooooo many times when someone who previously held a high position in the staff team returns and very very quickly gets another high position. From an employers perspective, it looks like a safe bet. Experience is valuable. We'll either see someone LIKE Cansky (high ranked, respected) or Bethy (previous experience)

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Nate

Nate Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,604
    You can just tag me next time. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hype Hype x 1
  19. Vin

Vin Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +8,054
    Sexual
    It was only a matter of time before somebody brought up her being manager, again.

20. lahmayo

lahmayo Citizen

Ratings:
    +48
    Who the **** is bethy

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1