Suggestion - Public Grinder

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Narwhalogy, Jan 6, 2019.

?

add

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No omg so bad

13 vote(s)
    54.2%
  1. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +331
    Narwhalogy
    Suggestion Title
    Public Grinder
    Which realm does this suggestion apply to?
    Auren, Besen, Caden

Introduction
    A public grinder, or /warp grinder would be a sick addition to Desteria+.

Details
    Upon reaching a certain level threshold, you get access to warp grinder. If there is prestige then you get access to the master grinder.

Grinder
    This grinder holds up to 4 spawners which everyone has acesss to upon reaching [discrection]. The spawners will be based upon the economy.

Prestige Grinder
    Upon prestige get, get access to the top tier spawners. Probably will contain blazes.

Closing Thoughts
    thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Prismo

Prismo Helper
    Staff Member Helper Content Team

Ratings:
    +227
    Prismo7
    Interesting... I've seen this put in place on other servers, and because of the influx of new players on Desteria, it wouldn't be such a bad idea. +1

3. RaiderEvo

RaiderEvo Backpacker

Ratings:
    +45
    Honestly, most people who are still playing factions have a decent amount of experience within 4 hours you can get like 100k and 4 zombie spawners with that. Gaining levels is harder then getting enough money for spawners. And by the time you prestige you will be in a fac with ig's.

4. Rob

Rob Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +8,922
    I think real tiny ones that are like real easy access might be nice to introduce starting players to the concept of grinders.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. CowAF

CowAF Backpacker

Ratings:
    +71
    Ink0
    -1 players should have to make their own grinders.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +331
    Narwhalogy
    added poll

7. tyscreeper

tyscreeper Explorer

Ratings:
    +264
    This used to be on desteria in 4.0 if I remember correctly. It was a decent edition and I think it could work again as long as it's not so OP that it discourages your own grinders for more xp and money. I don't think blazes are good but I could see something like creepers zombies or Skelos yet

8. WTFBRO

WTFBRO Peasant

Ratings:
    +8
    +1 but u should change it so that a public grinder is a place where players go and ilemon grinds them. the loot players drop would be money.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mystah

Mystah Crusader

Ratings:
    +608
    +1

10. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team

Ratings:
    +1,526
    Bonfiyah
    Reading this got me on some 2013-2014 factions ****. This would be a welcome addition for the newer players coming aboard next map. Depending on how this server is advertised in the future, it could be pulling in players who haven’t even touched factions before.

Like Evo mentioned I’m confident this won’t really impact experienced players, so I don’t see it causing a problem with the economy. People will still make their grinders if they want any chance to compete for /f top.

Would be cool to bring at least the public grinder back, +1

• Like Like x 3
  11. WTFBRO

WTFBRO Peasant

Ratings:
    +8
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

12. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,246
    TabbyTops
    I'd like it if at /pvp they had a really crap blaze grinder. It would only give xp (somehow code it so only those blaze spawners don't drop rods). This would allow for anyone to join the server and pvp. Like how sometimes random OGs join and they have their kits but no xp for pots. There would be like 2 or 3 blaze spawners there for you to get xp off. It would be slow af to get xp from, waiting for the blazes to spawn, but if you sat there for say 20 mins? you could get an inventory's worth. Allowing for people to get xp easier for pots would encourage pvp more.

If for some people it might lag the pvp arena (having a couple blazes near the spectator bit) then just move it somewhere else and have it as a /grinder warp. Also, they could make it so this grinder idea is only enabled when grace ends, that way it doesnt ruin the grind for blaze spawners and xp at sotw too much.

Thoughts?
    TD;LR - Crap public blaze grinder that only gives xp, to encourage pvp.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    I like the Prestige idea, and I like the idea that the spawners would be based upon the economy. This seems like a fair idea, however.. From a player standpoint... This idea doesn't seem to be worth it. By the time that said spawner would have upgraded enough to get your money's worth, you'd already have way more than 4 crappy zombie spawners. I also like tabby's idea with the pvp aspect of it to encourage the OG's to pvp more often. Because likely after they get popped they're just gonna leave and come back 3 months later. I think the economic thing should be discarded and have client-sided player based mobs. What I mean is if you want to upgrade your spawners, you'd pay X amount of money (larger than the amount to purchase the spawner since it'll be pretty much impossible to lose) and it would upgrade for YOU specifically, not for anyone else. Everyone else still has their own little thing. You can only have let's say.. 8 spawners at a time in there, with set spawners that won't earn you too much profit to be considered "broken". Zombie,Skeletons,Blazes,E-Men and so on.. This is so that this won't break the economy. If you want to go even further, I know how much I stress server originality, but this will be an interesting case -- If you want to go even further, add a spawn rate upgrade and the amount of said mob that spawns per spawn. Obviously, both of these would cap fairly quickly.

But what would I know? I'm just a washed up PvPer..

Oh also, my current rating is a 0.. I like the idea, but I just don't feel like it'll be worth buying as a player.

14. Cansky

Cansky Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Content Team

Ratings:
    +1,325
    Cansky
    I would think it has to be zombies or skeletons aswell.
    Solely XP idea would work well imo, although nobody limits you to buy potions with xp- you can still brew them. If people don't want to grind then they can play on ffa/event for example. Voting gives a substantial amount of xp if they need that to get potions.
    "From a player standpoint... This idea doesn't seem to be worth it. By the time that said spawner would have upgraded enough to get your money's worth, you'd already have way more than 4 crappy zombie spawners."
    Summarizes my opinion here aswell. Overall I've seen this concept used successfully in some factions servers, but I don't think it'd be fit for Desteria. The current on-going meta has been to look out for blaze spawners in the nether as a start (which is when the public grinder would be most used) and I would disagree that it's heavily needed to get xp when voting gives a good amount.

15. Jnf

Jnf Crusader

Ratings:
    +565
    Jnf
    I swear this used to be a thing back in 5.0

16. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,246
    TabbyTops
    ye fam you can brew em but for someone just jumping on to see what the pvp is like, they're not gonna want to make a base just to pvp on that night. Anyways, who still makes and relies on auto brewers?
    ffa and event is alright but both don't compare to realm pvp, and they shouldn't.
    Voting Cansky? Nobody is gonna know that coming onto the server, let alone be bothered to.

Small, crap blaze farm at /pvp. Spawns little amounts of blazes to kill. Only get xp from them (at a slow pace). You still have to contest with other players around who might do the same. You may just mess around killing the blazes (like how people run up and down the stairs pointlessly). Arguments will ensue over kids killing your blazes you might have afked for. OGs can get some xp to buy pots and pvp with if they randomly come on the server one night. New players who are experienced pvpers can join and semi-quickly have fun too. Only allow the blaze public grinder to be there once grace ends, so the sotw grind is still there. PERFECT SUGGESTION CANSKY

17. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    Nahh
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 8, 2019 ---
    Yo cansky do you know if desteria I'd ever adding a /duel system? I'm sure I saw like three suggestion pages for this before..
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2019 ---
    In my opinion, /pvp hasn't been the central for pvp because of the fact that you can easily just go on event, you don't have to waste time & xp buying pots. You don't have to waste gear, etc. The only way to encourage more pvp without getting rid of event, imo is to more things to be competitive over. Things like competition not only stir up pvp, it stirs up rivalries. Which in turn makes for all around more competition. Like the last time I remember having a huge pvp fight on realms was when I was raiding somebodies base. Hell, the last 3 times I had a pvp fight on realms was on top of somebodies roof.

In conclusion, just add more roofs. Roofs bring competition and rivalry over the best roof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Syntrafice

Syntrafice Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,299
    how about a cheese grater instead

19. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    That idea is actually brilliant! You could grate up the competition with a cheese grater and it will, in turn, create more competition because now it's all shredded up! Oh my god, you're actually a genius I love you <3!

20. Tonycool32

Tonycool32 Citizen

Ratings:
    +12
    I think a public grinder would be good for all realms except for Caden. Caden has Dex5 which increases the amount of xp received. Then again isnt all of factions built around the grind?