Suggestion - Non raiding realm

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jrain42, Feb 25, 2019.

?

Non raiding realm?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. No

23 vote(s)
    74.2%
  1. jrain42

jrain42 Citizen

Ratings:
    +35
    Suggestion Title
    Non raiding realm
    Which realm does this suggestion apply to?
    Auren, Besen, Caden

Introduction
    I along with many other players I have talked to despise the fact that a base with 100+ damn walls can get raided by a faction with like 30 no life players. I'm simply advocating for a realm where raiding is either not allowed or not possible so long as you have the proper defense.

Details
    I mean pretty self explanatory, just add a realm where raiding is either against the rules or not possible so long as you have defenses put in place. I.e: removing ceggs, allowing water and obsidion to touch spawners, disabling tnt, etc.

Closing Thoughts
    The main reason I advocate for this is because a vast majority of the player base is pretty casual and due to that it doesn't matter how much you put into defenses and try to protect your **** people always get raided which is pretty demotivating knowing that you don't stand a chance unless you have quite a few players who are always online.

#1 jrain42, Feb 25, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +4,169
    xOmega
    You're asking for a Townie server with PvP.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. jrain42

jrain42 Citizen

Ratings:
    +35
    More asking for desteria community and economy without the aids

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. Blue

Blue Explorer

Ratings:
    +229
    Tru3Blue
    This is pvp towny like omega said.... Doesn't belong on a factions server.

• Hype Hype x 1
  5. xRevir

xRevir Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit

Ratings:
    +39
    I feel like it would spread out the players more which we don't need seeing that auren and caden would be affected by that a lot. However, it could attract more people. I feel in the end like it would be too much for the devs and manager to handle because of this one more thing that they have to worry about when they are already working a s**t ton on the other realms.

6. Ganp

Ganp Explorer

Ratings:
    +309
    its basically survival

7. JMan

JMan Ambassador

Ratings:
    +5,004
    without the factions*

Claimed land with no raiding is Towny.
    Claimed land with no TNT/Creepers is old school factions.

8. Emmymerh

Emmymerh Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +420
    Emmymerh
    ok hear me out, i actually would be so down to clown with an old school factions realm with ONLY crops....
    The meta for desteria back in the day was pumpkin farms, with this realm I would LOVE to make an economy based on just crops. So the realm would be completely disabled to find/make seeds. All seeds would need to be bought via the store. To make this realm difficult it would be survival style where you would need to mine your own cobble to build your bases, you would need to mine your own diamonds and iron for tools and armor. You would need to do everything by hand. The first item you get is 1 wheat seed and with that you are to make your farm. Seeds would cost A LOT of money, and drops would sell for very little so the progression was slower. Would also be interesting if there was a no factions aspect or only allow 3 people per faction and for there to be a very small amount of claims per faction. Possibly revert any cannon mechanics back to survival mechanics where water pushes tnt and such so that larger cannons are rendered useless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hilly

Hilly Explorer

Ratings:
    +120
    this is like hcf but with tnt enabled

10. Jnf

Jnf Crusader

Ratings:
    +579
    Jnf
    Basically skyblock

11. Tonycool32

Tonycool32 Backpacker

Ratings:
    +13
    A better option would be 20 undestroyable chunks with a capture the flag esc defense. There would have to be rules on said set ups. Must be enter-able. Must have loot to earn. At the end of the day it would prob be like custom outposts. You would also not be allowed to have these chunks as part of a wall/ defense for a raid able base. At the end of the day its just an idea but it could make pvp a more common occurrence.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 26, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 26, 2019 ---
    I got everything destroyed while I was banned. I am motivated to come back and do more. Just because your style of play does not match up with everyone's does not mean that change is needed. At the end of the day this might not be the server for you.

12. jrain42

jrain42 Citizen

Ratings:
    +35
    I had abandoned the idea until now due to the counter arguments and negative feedback, however I’m going to revisit it due to a recent experience experience I’ve had. Earlier today two of the leaders on one of the largest factions decided to gank one of our faction member’s friends, so he decided to go and help him. Consequently the leaders of that faction threatened to raid our base if he didn’t quit, and knowing that they’re fully capable of doing so he left the faction and stopped playing shortly after. Keep in mind we’re not just a tiny faction we’re top 4 with 40+ wraps. I know most people who actually bother to post on the forums no life the game so they won’t necesarily agree, but most people don’t have to time to clear hundreds of chunks, build a 160 layer buffer, and consistently keep watch of it, and in my eyes the fact that there isn’t a better alternative for more casual players is an issue. Also I know there are people that will just say **** off to another server if you don’t want to deal with it, but from a business perspective that’s a god awful counter argument. Wouldn’t you want to cater to as many people as possible?

13. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +235
    If I were you, I'd abandon it - or learn to play factions... Raiding is a huge part of factions and the fact that you want to just completely remove it... Doesn't make much sense to me. Not only that, if this realm would exist - It'd have 10 players daily. It'd be a waste to manage, patch, etc. Desteria has little to no casual players, and if there are any on... They're on Auren or Caden.
    "From a business perspective" this wouldn't cater to many people at all. In fact, they'd likely be better off making a Skyblock realm, or an MMORPG realm, which would actually really fit Desteria's theme.

14. Aeris

Aeris Overlord

Ratings:
    +1,895
    Escad_
    +111111111

15. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +235
    not a bad idea, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bradyy

Bradyy Backpacker

Ratings:
    +80
    What are you 10 years old?

17. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +235
    judging from his pfp i'd say about 14 tbh

18. Aiden

Aiden Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,194
    k9o
    always wanted a towny/roleplay server so i can **** aggressively through the chat

19. Corbin

Corbin Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team

Ratings:
    +170
    blorbin
    All I'm hearing is a realm that won't need to be staffed.

20. RaiderEvo

RaiderEvo Backpacker

Ratings:
    +50
    Honestly I wish the desty community would make a smp server together would be coo