Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

(Reset) Overlord's Awakening: Pre-Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambushment

Overlord

I doubt I could begin to convey the magnitude of this announcement with words; nor could any part of my vocabulary possibly placate the upcoming storm of that’s coming, so lets begin.

(Terrain Reset) Overlord's Awakening: Pre-Introduction
It's hard to believe how far both the community and server has developed within the past two years. The time feels as if it's been only a few months, yet this upcoming February we're nearing our second anniversary; it's crazy. With new servers and competition consistently forming, we've managed to stay strong and continue the true legacy. We've had a few very, VERY amazing updates during these two years. I think we owe it to ourselves and the entire community to bring you one of our best updates yet.

OA: Terrain Reset
It's time to drop your bags and leave all treasures behind. Due to the drastic changes made to the economy along with a re-haul of the class system.. The Overlord's Awakening update will consist of a terrain and class reset. All balances, enderchests, and terrain will be cleared. This news may not coincide as well as the feelings of many, but let me re-assure you: Clearing the terrain will allow for new competition and a new beginning for all. Despite your bountiful riches, consider the fact that everyone is leaving on the same boat. We're all having our builds cleared, we're all having our items cleared, and we're all having our ranks cleared; and we're all going to have a hella fun time taking on the new competition and adventure.. we've found land! Ranks purchased on store.desteria.com are always kept and are not being reset.

OA: Testing Stages
Quite frankly, this post is only here to inform you of the anticipated update. We can't give out the official date or actual contents of the update just yet, only the fact that we're a few days away. The official Overlord's Awakening post including specific information will be posted after BETA testing; this is more so the alarm-clock you're supposed to snooze. First come, first serve.. we're allowing a few hundred of our players to sign-up and receive a whitelist for the BETA testing. During this time, players will play the new update and provide us feedback/bugs to ensure we're all set and ready for public release. Please use this thread for more information: http://tiny.cc/oathread

OA: Community Feedback
We have a few undecided important changes in mind, but we'd like to reassure with our community to ensure the feedback is positive. Please help us by participating in the following two polls: Regular apples sold in market: http://strawpoll.me/6263863, Iron Golem Spawner removal: http://strawpoll.me/6263869. Both topics are controversial, we'd like to ensure the community has a part in the feedback process.

Overlord's Awakening: Final Closing
I'm very excited and I'm sure many of you are as well. We've been anticipating many of these changes for a very long time, but haven't been able to execute them without a full-blown terrain reset. We're calling it Overlord's Awakening instead of 6.0 as we'd like to refrain from using numerical updates from now on. The name represents the update: we're taking our existing content and making/adding onto it. With these new changes to our economy and class system, there's a plethora of updates that have become possible for us to execute in the near future. Together, let's make 2016 the best year yet; let it not only be a happy new year, but a happy new Desteria!

*Important: this is only the pre-introduction post anticipating the Overlord's Awakening update. Specific information / changes will be provided in the official post within the next few days. Please keep an eye on the website as more information will follow over in the next few days. Thank you for reading!

Gsjan

Nobility
I consider this a job well done for 4:30AM, good night everyone!
Good night, but why are you awake? ._.

So what exactly is Overlord's Awakening? What makes it different? Does this imply the old rank Overlord coming back? We'll get coupons, right? When will this be officially released?

Ambushment

Overlord
Good night, but why are you awake? ._.

So what exactly is Overlord's Awakening? What makes it different? Does this imply the old rank Overlord coming back? We'll get coupons, right? When will this be officially released?
Overlord's Awakening is simply the name of the update. Consider it 6.0, renamed and rebranded to Overlord's Awakening. Yes, it may imply that a certain class is coming back *hint, but the update also consists of many drastic changes to gameplay and the economy.

And to answer your first question, I'm awake as I've spent the past few hours finalizing the post.

Gsjan

Nobility
Overlord's Awakening is simply the name of the update. Consider it 6.0, renamed and rebranded to Overlord's Awakening.
Interesting. So regarding the censored Perks, did you add effects to the classes? I made a suggestion on that if you need a little "inspiration", although you seem to know what you're doing here. Can't wait

SeanM

Nobility
When I read the words Overlords Awakening, I thought you were bringing back the overlord rank xD

Nathan

Overlord
Yessssssss! Thank good everything is being changed and reset! I really, really hope that this update will be a bigger success than 5.0 was :)

Status
Not open for further replies.