Quitting - My 1000th Message

Discussion in 'General' started by Tabby, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    Sadly, I'm quitting the server and this is my final message on the forums, message #1000... I've been thinking of quitting the server for a while now, maybe a couple months. Simultaneously, I was over 900 messages at the time and this led me to think hitting 1000 would be nice to quit on.

I'm not gonna lie, this game/community has been a big part of my life. I started playing Desteria in July of 2015 on Drego. It was my first factions server and I didn't play for long, I left and came back in June of 2016. Since then, I've been playing ever since. That means I've been playing here actively for over 2 years. This has been a big chapter in my life, but it's one I want to close now. I started playing Desteria (actively) when I just turned 17, I was still at school and had less aspirations back then especially. Now I'm 19, I have a full-time job, I'm turning 20 in the Summer and I now have things I actually want to accomplish in life. I don't want to be playing this game for much longer and I don't want to be dedicating time to it.

1000 messages just felt right for me to quit on, It coincided with my feelings of quitting perfectly. Of course, the state of the server has a part to play but It's not the sole reason as to why I'm quitting, I just want to move on in life. I guess maybe if the server was better right now I'd still be playing for a bit longer but I don't want my departure to be negative, criticising the server. I just want to be grateful for the joys this place has given me and not focus on all the faults it had. As a whole, I don't regret any of the time I've spent on Desteria. Playing here has given me some of the best experiences ever and I wouldn't want anything to change.

I made my forums account on April 28th 2017 and did an introduction thread the same day. Joining the forums was what made me really get into the community. I've spent further countless hours on here, browsing, creating big posts, putting thought into suggestions, debating different players, laughing at ****posts, messing around in shoutbox, using ratings, looking at profiles, etc. etc. There was always a meme between me and my faction members where I'd say the forums is better than the actual game lol. I have loved every second of it.

I'll be leaving the game, the forums and the discord over the next couple days. I wont be returning, I'm quitting. Not leaving for a reset or two, quitting. I'd like to thank everyone I've ever met on here, seriously. Friends and enemies, every memory I have. It's funny to think I may be 70 or 80 years old and still remember my teen self playing Minecraft on a server called Desteria.

I wish the server the best of luck, Desteria+ is close now and I hope it does well. Thankyou Desteria, but goodbye. As for the community, I have enjoyed everyone in it and I hope you all go on to live prospering, happy lives. Here are a few special mentions -

@Vulso You're definitely the closest friend I have made playing this game. We've never had a falling out and I've literally spent countless late nights and 10+ hour days chatting with you on discord. I feel like we know each other so well and the fact we'd talk about anything, away from the game, really separates you from the rest. I genuinely feel I'll still be keeping in touch with you for a very long time. Everything about you and all your quirks make you a really fun person. I'll never forget our time on Desteria with each other.

@JamesDaKill I think you're the biggest person I've spent the most time dm'ing on discord, just from the sheer volume of our conversations. Our time together battling on the forums was absolutely amazing lol. I've only ever been in a call with you ONCE (@iNutella ), but I know you so well. You have been an incredible person I have met here on Desty, one I have really cared for. Like Vulso, you're someone I'd talk to about anything. You're very smart, good luck in life, I know I'll stay in contact with you for a very long time kid <3

@PentazeniUM I met you later on in my time playing Desteria but I always thought you were awesome. We played different realms (me previously on Krynn and you on Sepre) but we met each other on Besen. We quickly spent a lot of time playing with each other. I don't think I've 1v1'd someone ever as much as you, you always wanted to 1v1 even though you were so much better than me. You were always so chill in calls, we'd talk about anything and I could tell you were a really nice guy. I hope you're having fun at university right now, I've still got you on snap. Much love to you pent <3

@tabooti You've always been loved by many people in the community. Anyone that's been in a call with this guy can instantly tell he's so sweet. For the times we've been in calls together I've always felt like you've actually cared. You're so talkative and it's completely relaxing. I've really enjoyed getting to know you and as I've said to you before, we're incredibly similar people. I see a lot of my younger self in you. Good luck with everything we've talked about. Thank you for always showing an interest in me and chatting about all sorts of stuff. I can't wait to randomly call you in the future on discord, I've got you on snap too, speak soon definitely <3

@Moonfish You're really special to me lol. I've always had a good sense of judgement on people and when you started playing Desty as a noob, I instantly took a liking to you. I have great pride in being one of the first few people to speak to you, seeing you rise up the staff ranks to Mentor. I had a meme guy crush on you for ages. I remember for ages we were like 'yeah we must call some time' in dms (before you were staff cuz I'm cool) and then one day we did. I was already in a call with @Bonfiyah and I basically screamed saying Moonfishing was about to join. I was half joking with my exaggerated excitement, I liked making bon laugh and he came out with the line 'you're acting as if you're about to have a date with him'. I remember dm'ing you just before to ask what your favourite artist was and you said 'Frank Sinatra', I acted as if I knew and liked him too. I then queued him on the music bot for your arrival lmao. It was a funny memory, I thought you should know xd. You're basically a really lovely human being and you're incredibly smart and well spoken. You'll go on to do great things in life, we need to talk more. Expect random dms from me in the future. Hope school is going well too.

@Bonfiyah The second guy I had a huge man crush on in this community. This guy is naturally funny, I love it. I hate kids that just say random **** in calls, trying to be funny. Bon is the opposite, he's funny without just saying something edgy and swearing. Everything he has said on the forums or on discord has been top quality, you can tell someone's intelligent from their humour. I feel like in real life he's loved by everyone for sure. Super nice guy. I was always addicted to making you laugh in calls. I fanboyed hearing you for the first time, even though you weren't british. Thanks for all the memes, ****s n giggles. ily.

@Derogatoryy He quit playing ages ago but for me it would be a crime not mentioning him. The whole faction found him annoying but I ****ing loved him. Derogatoryy had a special place in my heart, hard to explain. He'd always join calls high and people hated it but I thought he was hilarious. He'd say a lot of random **** all the time and we grew pretty close. He was very toxic and said a lot of dank **** on nights. I still talk to him and every now and again he'll call me on discord drunk or high lol. I had plenty of deep convos with the kid too, it was great. Thankyou for all the memories buddy.

Thank you to everyone in this community, I love you all, I'm really sad to leave Desteria, but I know it's time I should. If anyone at all liked me, add me on discord Tabby#8153, if I thought you were pretty decent too I'll add ya back. Goodbye <3 <3 <3 <3

Edit: https://gyazo.com/14fd05b7207153b222ecdd153211aee2 the feels...

#1 Tabby, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Vulso

Vulso Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +402
    Vulso
    Never meet someone who I’ve connected with so much over a video game ( I know you can’t respond to this too btw ) but ily man and I’ll see you in discord tomorrow :D 100% the community’s nicest player

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,996
    xOmega
    All those long nights we spent together, arguing and insulting each other and I don't even get a mention?

Yikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Vulso

Vulso Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +402
    Vulso
    He speaks about you in calls to me if that counts! xD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. LEGALIST

LEGALIST Crusader

Ratings:
    +572
    good kid, later dude

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Divertido

Divertido Explorer

Ratings:
    +307
    divertido
    Whaaaaaaaat..

7. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,078
    Later dude

8. nobbletynoop

nobbletynoop Explorer

Ratings:
    +183
    I'm sad to see you go tabby, even if I never really got to know you very much on a personal level I usually agree with most of the things you are saying and I have always enjoyed the time that we have spent talking.

btw if you want to respond to anything in this thread you can do it by replying to a comment and then copying and pasting all of your response into your original post, so that you don't have to quit on something besides 1,000 messages.

9. Ryan

Ryan Crusader

Ratings:
    +722
    Ryan_1998
    Good luck man didn’t really speak/interact with you too much (blame @Vulso), but I have known you have been around for a while now. Good luck in the future man,it was fun while it lasted.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. Kay

Kay Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +348
    ohKayla
    Bye Tabby, I hope life continues to be good for you and that you're able to find what you enjoy.

It was always good talking with you, even if we did have some disagreements. Good luck in the future!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. JuiceBox1314

JuiceBox1314 Explorer

Ratings:
    +312
    I'd say goodbye but I don't like you so I'll drop you the "cya". Cya later, Tabitha. Enjoy your life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Arne

Arne Explorer

Ratings:
    +126
    This just comes to show how many messages you spammed on such a short interval of time, goodbye Tabby

13. Vulso

Vulso Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +402
    Vulso
    I’ve actually apologised so many times.... Ryan it’s been 4 years now!!!! I’ve changed a lot let it go xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Moonfish

Moonfish Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +266
    Moonfishing
    It was Frank Ocean. Easily mistaken, so I'll forgive you <3.

In all honesty, you're a really great person. I've always enjoyed your company, and I'm glad to know you feel roughly the same. That call was super fun & definitely one of the standout moments for me on Desteria. Though it wasn't exactly "important", it still had a pretty major significance to me - so thanks for that <3

It's extremely sad to see you go. You're like one of those people in the community you never expect to see leave 'cause of their unwavering dedication & love to the community, and when they finally do, it's a pretty massive shock.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to those random messages (ᅌᴗᅌ* )!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    IMMA MISS U MAN

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  16. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Helper
    Staff Member Helper Content Team

Ratings:
    +1,476
    Bonfiyah
    [​IMG]
    God it was fun having you around, having another forum fanatic on my page reminded me of myself. There was this iOS game called Kingdoms of War that I played in 2008-2010 and a bit later as well. Typical old-school base building tap-tap-tap kinda game, but it had an active forum in the app that I just adored and spent all my time on. Learned everything about foruming like a G, and learned some cool tricks like this, on an ipod touch no less! You've got a lot of that same enthusiasm for connecting with others - it's clearly gotten you in touch with some special people here and I hope the same happens irl <3

Love ya, I've got you added on every other platform so this is no goodbye. I've got a circle I send my meme snaps to and I'll be sure you get 'em too ;;

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Leins

Leins Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +14,295
    Take it easy fella, arrivederci

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Overlording

Overlording Backpacker

Ratings:
    +45
    Tenshiiro
    Goodbye kiddo have a good life

19. iNutella

iNutella Mentor
    Staff Member Mentor Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +179
    Bye tabby, even though you probably still have the same judgement of hating me since the first day (even though I have done absolutely nothing to you xd) i will miss your very different character you have. Don’t think I will see anyone with anything close to the same personality you have, you have definintly made people feel happy, angry, and upset and sometimes all at the same time. Forums will never be the same without you, I mean if you even want to talk to me, you have my discord xd. Cya

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Realbois

Realbois Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit

Ratings:
    +568
    Realbois
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/0920bb84d302e8d1a4849b318e164dae
    Sad times, on a real note though;

I'll really miss you man, in many ways I used you to influence how I post on threads.

One of most fun times on here for me, was when I just came back from a 2 month break and I met loads of players on event realm, with voice calls almost every day. It was a blast fooling around on event with Utilizing, Wuyii, Ilithios, Pentazium, Tabooti, Vulso, and you.

I hope everything in your life is just as memorable as you will be on here.

Keep being you buddy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1