PURGE & BETA TESTING

Discussion in 'Desteria Announcements' started by Omega, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +4,101
    xOmega
    [​IMG]

Greetings Desterians
    First and foremost, let me tell you that I'm excited about our progress. I understand it's been much longer than we had originally anticipated, but here is proof of concept for everyone as we are fast approaching our Beta phase for Desteria Plus' Season 1. As always, we will be hosting a 24-hour Purge event right before we begin Beta so everyone can enjoy the last day of the map.
    [​IMG]
    'Plus' Beta Testing
    We're running 5-6 days of public beta testing
    Beta starts at the following date and time:

Monday 14th January 2019
    20:00 GMT / 15:00 EST / 14:00 CST / 13:00 MT / 12:00 PST

A separate Beta realm will be opened and you'll be able to connect through an NPC in the center of the hubs.

The Purge Event
    If you are unfamiliar with how Purge events work, I'll give a brief description. Purge events are when we remove most of the protected areas of the map such as shop and other various warps. We also allow PvP everywhere (with the exception of one safe zone where you spawn) and we offer signs that give you kits, experience, and other raiding/pvp items.

On top of all that, one of the main features is that we disband all factions and remove all claimed land - truly making it a free-for-all for everyone. Whoever gets the most kills during the 24 hour period will win a Purge title on the realm they won on.

A Brief Summary
    I just wanted to take a minute to explain again why this update has taken us far longer than it should have because I do the best I can to make sure I'm sharing the information I can with you all without giving away too much. Often times, this is a difficult line to maintain, so I tend to err on the safer side.

After we had originally launched our first estimate, we had lost contact with one of our developers, another developer quit, and our third developer was busy with exams. That being said, we had essentially lost all our ability to continue from a plugin perspective, which really hurt our release date. Once we had hired back one of our developers (who had to quit shortly for some family issues) - we began working on some content. The problem now, however, was that due to unique medical circumstances, he hasn't been able to dedicate a large quantity of time to Desteria. It's not something any of us can control, so we just patiently worked around it. To make up for lost time, we had outsourced our new content to third-party developers, which worked for the most part. Near the end, however, we did run into a few issues and had some delays that could have most likely been avoided.

Another large component that took far more time than I think anyone anticipated was figuring out how to shape the world like a plus. In the end, it's impossible to do fully with how Minecraft is built, so we've found a way to make it work - but the original intent of making the Plus shape covered entirely with the physical world border is too much for Minecraft. That being said, we've finally gotten to the end of the tunnel and we're ready for you all to test it out! We hope that you all enjoy the work we've been putting into this update and all I ask is that you approach this with an open mind and offer your feedback honestly and in the most constructive way you can conjure.

Bug Bounty
    We will be bringing back the Bug Bounty thread for this Beta as well, so look forward to that! I will be adjusting how we pick people so it isn't just left to chance, so those of you who report more bugs are sure to have an advantage this time around! Keep your eyes peeled for that thread to be created at a later time!

Unban Wave
    As we've discussed in the past, we'll be running a total unban and unblacklist of all users to give everyone a new chance to experience Desteria Plus. That being said, there will be a few exceptions to this as there are a handful of players that have continued to cause issues and attempted to bring harm to the network even after being blacklisted - so those individuals will not be allowed back in with open arms.

Below is a list of people who will remain blacklisted even after everyone else is unbanned. Known alts will not be used in this list because it would become way too long.

• Ambushment
    • AplexityyAFK
    • BabyHokuu
    • cenzino504
    • DanHCF
    • Fluddershy
    • GeorgeL966
    • Glowing
    • Grownup
    • Hoisting
    • Kilosis
    • moveback
    • Mythiixx
    • Parasailing
    • PumpGangleader
    • Realigner
    • Skirmishes
    • SoulPvP_Ez
    • StopTrapping
    • swash
    • TheDottedSpeck
    • Trayno
    • Umay
    • YouTuhbe
    • ziovoplayz

Thank you all again for your continued support, advice, criticism, and desire for open communication. I know we don't always see eye-to-eye, but I want to say that I appreciate it nonetheless.

I'd rather us be in conflict about a few things than have no discussion about content at all, because it shows that you all care about Desteria and I appreciate that immensely, so thank you all.

Cheers,

Omega
    Desteria Manager

#1 Omega, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    • Like x 3
    • Hype x 3
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. Case

Case Overlord

Ratings:
    +1,687
    CaseAndPoint
    Oh boy Purge part 2. can't wait for more accusations of alt killing this time around rofl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hitmaka

Hitmaka Explorer

Ratings:
    +247
    Unban Trayno and AceHerc their harmless wtf

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. goin

goin Backpacker

Ratings:
    +73
    Looking forward to this Omega.

I would like to talk to you about a player being kept blacklist on discord or here if that is possible.

5. Hippostrocy

Hippostrocy Explorer

Ratings:
    +132
    Hippostrocy
  6. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    Will players be unblacklisted on forums & in-game?

7. Realbois

Realbois Crusader

Ratings:
    +590
    Realbois
    Woah, Moveback didn't get leftback.

8. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    stop please stop

• Hype Hype x 1
  9. Porridge

Porridge Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,877
    @Jedi51
    Going to try this one as well? Maybe they'll give you the reward this time lOl

10. TraxxisHD

TraxxisHD Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit

Ratings:
    +12
    So, all maps are resetting at 12 tonight?

11. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    yes exactly

12. WaffleMonkey

WaffleMonkey Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +317
    They reference Ambushment in the annoucement but he remains banned. How kind :l

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Wavy

Wavy Explorer

Ratings:
    +301
    WavyXO
    Lmao, imagine being on destys naughty list. Santa Omega has spoken.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CowAF

CowAF Backpacker

Ratings:
    +71
    Ink0
    RIP mythiixx

• Like Like x 1
  15. Childish

Childish Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,578
  16. Shootingz

Shootingz Explorer

Ratings:
    +185
    QueenElizabeth
    Aceherc and Umay are powerless. I think they should possibly unbanned but then again idk whats happening in the past while I was gone @Omega

17. DragonsFruit

DragonsFruit Backpacker

Ratings:
    +48
  18. Voqzia

Voqzia Citizen

Ratings:
    +30
    New parkour plz

19. RaiderEvo

RaiderEvo Backpacker

Ratings: