Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

POLL: Trenching Cores

When should Trenching Cores be released?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
Greetings Desterians!

We've created a new item, called a Trenching Core. Watch this quick video to see how they work:

Then vote on the poll on whether to release them now, or at the start of Season 2 (in about a month).

-----

Poll results may not reflect our final decision.

Thanks,
- Alex (iLemon) :)

Ace

Trailblazer
Next map. We're already past halfway through this map. You should wait until next map to implement the chunk buster.

xRevir

Backpacker
I suggested this a while back, I always liked this idea and it would be fun to do it now, considering that the realm I play is mostly just messing around now. It would be fun to get familiar with these before season 2.

Waftly

Trailblazer
Add it next map so it'll want people to come since it's a new feature. If you add it midway through the map it won't be new when the reset comes and people might get bored. Resets should come with fresh content.

Porridge

Overlord
Next map
Also the cost is a factor here:

Trench picks currently clear an INFINITE amount of land very quickly.
With a max 7x7x7 A few people with trench picks will decimate an area of land for a fraction of the price.

Whats the incentive to buy one of these new trenching cores over a trench pick?

RaiderEvo

Backpacker
Next map
Also the cost is a factor here:

Trench picks currently clear an INFINITE amount of land very quickly.
With a max 7x7x7 A few people with trench picks will decimate an area of land for a fraction of the price.

Whats the incentive to buy one of these new trenching cores over a trench pick?
Time lmao if you have the money why not

Porridge

Overlord
Time lmao if you have the money why not
Yeah time exactly... That's the only factor but it's not like anyone is in a mad rush to get EVERYTHING trenched day one. Theres a grace period so it's not like you have to worry about being raided straight off the bat.

The question is how much is iLemon valuing our time over trenching with picks.

Just to break it down a bit:

Currently a Trench pick costs £3.77 GBP and can clear an infinite amount of chunks, and it takes roughly two minutes to clear a 3-4 chunks of land (I'm bettering you could do it WAYYY faster if you had it planned out where to dig).

A "trenching core" (from the information provided above) it clears one chunk and then is used up. It's a nobrainer which you'd pick unless the price of a single trench core was a few pennies per use, hence why the price of this item is such a key point, if its the same price or more expensive than a trench pick you've got to be mad to buy it.

IF the price is £0.50 you're valuing the time it costs to clear a small base + a handful of wraps (5x5 chunks = 25 chunks) at £12.50 which is already 3x more expensive than a trench pickaxe and that's not accounting for the trench pick NEVER running out.

Currently the price of the cheapest item on the store is £0.60 which personally if I had the choice between "clear one chunk instantly" and "try your luck at a common crate". To me clearing a chunk seems more valuable than that.

RaiderEvo

Backpacker
Yeah time exactly... That's the only factor but it's not like anyone is in a mad rush to get EVERYTHING trenched day one. Theres a grace period so it's not like you have to worry about being raided straight off the bat.

Currently a Trench pick costs £3.77 GBP and can clear an infinite amount of chunks, and it takes roughly two minutes to clear a 3-4 chunks of land (I'm bettering you could do it WAYYY faster if you had it planned out where to dig).

A "trenching core" (from the information provided above) it clears one chunk and then is used up. It's a nobrainer which you'd pick unless the price of a single trench core was a few pennies per use, hence why the price of this item is such a key point, if its the same price or more expensive than a trench pick you've got to be mad to buy it.

IF the price is £0.50 you're valuing the time it costs to clear a small base + a handful of wraps (5x5 chunks = 25 chunks) at £12.50 which is already 3x more expensive than a trench pickaxe and that's not accounting for the trench pick NEVER running out.

Currently the price of the cheapest item on the store is £0.60 which personally if I had the choice between "clear one chunk instantly" and "try your luck at a common crate". To me clearing a chunk seems more valuable than that.
Why would people with a lot of money actually give a **** how much it costs. Anarchy for example had 10 billion in ec'd a few resets ago even by a generous estimate saying that a chunk thinger costs 1mil they could clear 1000 chunks and that'd only be 1/10th of what they had.

Porridge

Overlord
Why would people with a lot of money actually give a **** how much it costs. Anarchy for example had 10 billion in ec'd a few resets ago even by a generous estimate saying that a chunk thinger costs 1mil they could clear 1000 chunks and that'd only be 1/10th of what they had.
I don't doubt it. But it's not exactly a reliable source of money on the store. At the point you have that much stuff echested you've already got a base and don't need these anyway.

This item is going to be worth most at the start of the map where time to build up quick is limited. Not where you have thousands of spawners and a ridiculous cash stack and can do whatever the hell you want.

If these are obtained in game through normal means (as in crates) I'm sure they'll have a use found for them. However from other servers I've seen these it'll most likely be an online store option but because trench picks are so cheap and valuable being able to instantly remove one single chunk compared to an infinite amount of chunks doesn't really add up.

Saving 5 minutes during grace period at the start of the map isnt all that cost effective and 90% of people are going to be looking at trying to get the most bang for their buck.

RaiderEvo

Backpacker
I don't doubt it. But it's not exactly a reliable source of money on the store. At the point you have that much stuff echested you've already got a base and don't need these anyway.

This item is going to be worth most at the start of the map where time to build up quick is limited. Not where you have thousands of spawners and a ridiculous cash stack and can do whatever the hell you want.

If these are obtained in game through normal means (as in crates) I'm sure they'll have a use found for them. However from other servers I've seen these it'll most likely be an online store option but because trench picks are so cheap and valuable being able to instantly remove one single chunk compared to an infinite amount of chunks doesn't really add up.

Saving 5 minutes during grace period at the start of the map isnt all that cost effective and 90% of people are going to be looking at trying to get the most bang for their buck.
5 mins per chunk so like 100 hours of work saved

Divertido

Explorer

with any luck of these being maybe a dollar each, @AusTho will be smiling with his big supply of buycraft so thats probably one purpose to this

Octans

Overlord
For an item that influences the game so much you've provided very little information on it.
How much is it? It is purchasable on the Desteria store, in the token shop, in crates etc

I get you've made a new feature and are eager to show it off to prove you're actually making progress but maybe provide the proper information people need in order to make a sensible, informed decision rather than a 20 second video.

JMan

Ambassador
We need more info about it. Unless you're going to internally test it, Season 1 is a way to test it before it potentially screws up Season 2. Also, it would give us a chance to learn about it and prepare to use it effectively in Season 2.
Ironic coming from me, eh?

TRopicalMC

Peasant
Greetings Desterians!

We've created a new item, called a Trenching Core. Watch this quick video to see how they work:

Then vote on the poll on whether to release them now, or at the start of Season 2 (in about a month).

-----

Poll results may not reflect our final decision.

Thanks,
- Alex (iLemon) :)

Great Concept to Finally Bring into Desteria! Love to see multiple Trench Sizes in the Future, I wouldn't rush this!

CowAF

Explorer
Introduce it next map, most of the bases are already trenched. Though please remove all the glitches with these, i've played on servers where you could use these on bases and it's just not fun.

BossUnit

Peasant
do it this looks amazing <3
[doublepost=1552937174,1552937142][/doublepost]you should def put a cooldown on how many you can use that might be really laggy tho

Status
Not open for further replies.