Poll: Economy Changes - Dynamic or Static?

Discussion in 'Community Polls' started by Omega, Nov 14, 2018.

?

What system should the economy adopt?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2018.
  1. Option 1: Fully dynamic economy

19 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Option 2: Fully static economy (what we currently have)

22 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Option 3: Partially dynamic economy

33 vote(s)
    44.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,996
    xOmega
    So sorry for having a job I cant just stop doing to reply to you in detail.

Ratings are easy, its literally one click.

I also don't really understand your question. How does it work? It already works on LC. I also stated the poll is too see if people are even interested in the concept, which I explained. If people aren't interested in it, why would I bother making a suggestion post going into more detail?

2. KoenneH

KoenneH Backpacker

Ratings:
    +99
    Weird timing for such a poll 2 weeks after the planned release date for desty plus,
    have I been missing anything or is there still no communication?

OT: Please put development time into fixing bugs, this adds little to the game and has no rush whatsoever.

Just keep the static eco and vastly decrease scane sell price, my 2 chunks of scane beat my 100 IGs in income, literally...
    With printer the scane farm costs 1 hour and no money (place what you farm is fast enough), 100 IGs costs weeks and weeks of selling.
    Scane have no risk of getting raided as opposed to IG's

Fix scane prize (massively) if you wish to inspire competition.

PS. ratings trigger the **** out of me

3. Hippostrocy

Hippostrocy Explorer

Ratings:
    +128
    HippoDaKill
    i dont even know what any of this means

4. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    I'd accept that disingenuous apology if it wasn't for you replying to others after me... Also Omega, I feel often you lack simple people skills. A small 'reserved' post in reply to me or a quick 'At work now Tabby, I'll reply later' would have been great. As with everything Omega, communication is lacking.

What is there you don't understand? Are you expecting us to now just play Lemon Cloud for answers? You literally do not know yourself yet and therefore don't want to go into detail.

This is a **** approach. Most people like making a decision knowing all the detail. I MIGHT be interested in it if more DETAIL was given. Most importantly, does it not occur to you that people might like the concept here, but when you go into more detail (whatever it is), then people end up not liking it. You're making it all more complicated for yourself when you could have just said everything here and it could all be discussed here, now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blue

Blue Explorer

Ratings:
    +215
    Tru3Blue
    Omega has a life outside of minecraft, give him time to respond at least.

6. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    Oh but he spends 14 hours a day solely on Desteria!!1!

7. Bon

Bon Citizen

Ratings:
    +38
    well i mean i'm with you on your goal to make sure crops are only early game, this map my faction actually stopped using crops pretty quickly though, maybe just dynamic like at the start there is a ''demand'' for crops and it runs out and that's that, what i mean with the crops not being dynamic is that i don't want the crops to be juggled around like cactus sells for a lot more 1 week and then sugarcane the next, i think crops should be around the same sell worth as each other depending on yield per chunk type of stuff, and i'd like to make sure that it stays early game so we don't have a billion chests to sell late game

Maybe at the start of every month, right after ftop is taken the demand comes back for crops as a sort of way for new players to start on spawners, for like 3 or 4 days at the start of a new month or maybe even the first week, not sure what would work best, some kinda farmers market theme thing.

maybe a new warp opens up for that time called the ''Farmers Market'' and crops sell for alot more

Just tryna help with the brainstorm @Omega

#47 Bon, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  8. Naturalist

Naturalist Peasant

Ratings:
    +7
    i would like it if the economy was partially dynamic and if it recieves a lot of support then full dynamic in later resets

9. nobbletynoop

nobbletynoop Explorer

Ratings:
    +183
    Could the partially dynamic economy also cover things like obsidian? I used to love selling obby back when I played

10. Bon

Bon Citizen

Ratings:
    +38
    It's just that your opinion usually sucks and your irrelevant L bud, fr though if he's got work he's got work fam stop getting triggered. The problem is that your asking him to fully flesh out and design a system before even asking the community if they want it. what happens when he wastes a week working something out and then it turns out people don't want it, it's obvious he would put out the poll before fleshing it out use your head tabby, your posts are always so lengthy and it never seems like you actually think them through enough.

as i continue to read i become more disappointed. the goal of the thread is to get the main point out and have the community help configure the best way to do it if they want it, instead of him just designing it telling you all the details and saying take it or leave it he's asking if its something we are interested and if so how specifically would we want it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. KoenneH

KoenneH Backpacker

Ratings:
    +99
    Maybe he should fix bugs instead of changing the economy 2 weeks after the intended release date

12. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    Tf this thread old, hush child.
    You're making it out like you need a week to come up with something lol? Maybe for you bud.
    Just thought it would be smarter to put all the information out there now, so everyone can make a more informed decision now. Just liking a concept is completely different to what it actually might be.

Anyways, let's take a look now. Thread is old, made on the 14th November. Roughly a month old and no further 'suggestion thread' from Omega has been made since the poll. Proves my whole point back then is right, doesn't it?

13. Bon

Bon Citizen

Ratings:
    +38
    ''Old thread'' irrelevant like you. ''hush child'' im older than you are kid. ''like you need a week to come up with something'' I just came across this yesterday and saw you disgracing yourself so i addressed it.

I did actually take more than a couple mins thinking about what to say though, unlike when you type it looks like you just type your first dumbass thoughts and hit enter without even reading it over. and it still looks like your missing the main point which is there arent any details until we pick what we want. If you actually payed attention and communicated you would know the reason this had not had any progress or a follow up thread is because omega had another plan in mind from another thread, i brought some things to light about that plan and now he's reconsidering.

Might be old but its still very relevant

14. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    Doesn't even make sense, good try.
    No you're not, we're both the same age, 19. I said 'child' figuratively, in a phrase like 'hush child'. The funny thing is you know we're the same age, all you're trying to do is say 'lol Tabby you sound 15 hahahahahaaa'. You thinking that doesn't irritate me whatsoever lmao.

Ugh cringe. When I said 'You're making it out like you need a week to come up with something lol? Maybe for you bud.' I didn't mean 'you' literally, it was about Omega... It was in reply to when you said this - 'what happens when he wastes a week working something out and then it turns out people don't want it'. I guess it's a simple misunderstanding though, as I was talking about the thread being old in the previous sentence, and you thought I was saying it must have taken you a week to reply lol. Simple misunderstanding but also kinda dumb you didn't see it was exactly in reply to what you said. Also, yeah I don't spend ages refining what I write, at the end of the day it's a minecraft forum. I'm just gonna type what comes into my mind and press 'post'. Don't like it? Don't read it.

You're missing MY point. Thread's nearly a month old, uhh option 3 won a while ago @Omega what's next? Where's the suggestion with the details?

Oh really, where? Not here LOL

15. Bon

Bon Citizen

Ratings:
    +38
    No **** its not on this thread bud.
    YOUR points irrelevant, obviously desteria plus is having major setbacks.
    The misunderstanding was completely your fault.
    ''Old thread'' irrelevant like you'' did make sense. it doesn't matter that the thread is old and neither does anything you say.
    If it takes you ages to read over what you type you have a problem.
    You started it with the child stuff, i was only mocking you.
    You're cringing because your realizing how stupid you look when you post.

Ik your in a bad position and it's not like you could just tell the truth and say ''you're right i'm an idiot'' so il take your advice and ignore your next reply.

PS: That capital ''LOL'' at the end makes me want to throw up my entire stomach, nasty
    Double PS: are you insecure about your voice? i didn't think you sounded 15 tbh.

16. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    *facepalm* I know IT'S not on this thread. The point is, NOTHING is. I said "Oh really, where? Not here LOL" because no update or anything was made HERE. Also, you've still not said where it is.
    Saying "Thread's nearly a month old, uhh option 3 won a while ago @Omega what's next? Where's the suggestion with the details?" is not irrelevant because Desty+ is delayed. It's just explaining a suggestion/idea omega ALREADY HAD. He wouldn't have put it in this small poll without having already thought out the rest of it. He had an idea he said he would explain further in a suggestion if it gained traction. Thread's a month old, it won the poll, where is it? Has nothing to do with Desty+ being delayed.
    ''Old thread'' irrelevant like you" doesn't ****ing make sense. The two don't correlate whatsoever. Someone saying a thread is old doesn't match with them being irrelevant. OH I GET IT. You mean that saying the thread is old, is irrelevant, like you. You need to word things better wow. **** sentence. Your misunderstanding before was my fault? Atleast I said a proper sentence lmao.
    I started it? You started it by replying to me on this old ass thread, like what?

*you're. Look at yourself. How can you get it right at the start then fail a few words after lol. Same age btw.

Oh yeah nice save in reply to me. In the past you've 'thought' you're older than me, just to go on and say 'Tabby you sound 15 lolol'. You just try to get at me like that whenever I've pissed you off. Don't care at all. Again, nice save here on the forums!

Yeah, don't reply back. b

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.