Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Poll: Economy Changes - Dynamic or Static?

What system should the economy adopt?

• Option 1: Fully dynamic economy

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Option 2: Fully static economy (what we currently have)

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • Option 3: Partially dynamic economy

Votes: 33 44.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Community Manager
Staff member
Manager
Hello again everyone,

With the amount of community polls I'm posting, I can see that I tend to just get slightly more informal every time. As a mini-vote, tell me if this is more desirable to you than a more professionally laid out post that has nice ironed out edges.

As for the main topic of this poll, I want to know what your thoughts are on something Lemon brought to my attention recently. For the economy in particular, LemonCloud has a fully dynamic economy that works rather well on Skyblock. Obviously I am not proposing just straight up ripping that off of their server and slapping it on ours, but let me explain it first and then we'll get to the options.

With a dynamic economy, it's based off a supply/demand system so if there is more demand - the price increases, but if there's more supply then the price will decrease. This is obviously different than a static economy which never changes.

PROPOSALS:

Option 1: Make the entire economy dynamic. This would create a complex structure that would maintain itself based on what people sold - meaning you would need to have a variety of spawners and crops built into your bases and pick which one to sell and when to sell it - because it would be changing constantly. You could also essentially break this system by teaming up with a few people to constantly keep things low....so there's a small element of strategy layered over the entire infrastructure.

Option 2: Keep the economy fully static. This doesn't really need an explanation since we've been using it forever.

Option 3: Bring in a partial dynamic economy. The details can be discussed in a suggestion if this idea gets a lot of support, but my initial thought was to make crops dynamic, but keep spawners static. You could also do it the other way around so there's a nice entry into spawners that never changes. Again, think of this as a gateway INTO a suggestion where we can discuss the finer details - this is here to see if people like the idea of a partially dynamic economy.

As always, thanks for voting and reading my super long posts. I am aware I can be a bit long-winded sometimes so thanks for bearing with me. This poll will close in 4 days.

Cheers,
Omega | Management Team

Fang

Citizen
I don't like change in this sort of stuff T_T
we've been playing with the same static **** since forever

Thrunic

Peasant
I'm in favor of a fully dynamic economy, though it would be nice to have prices smoothed so there isn't much day to day or intraday variation. For example, if cane is selling for $4 one day, I don't think it should go above $4.25 or below $3.75 the next day.

This will get underused crops and spawners to be used. It might take $50 potatoes, but eventually someone will farm potatoes :)

RaiderEvo

Backpacker
Hello again everyone,

With the amount of community polls I'm posting, I can see that I tend to just get slightly more informal every time. As a mini-vote, tell me if this is more desirable to you than a more professionally laid out post that has nice ironed out edges.

As for the main topic of this poll, I want to know what your thoughts are on something Lemon brought to my attention recently. For the economy in particular, LemonCloud has a fully dynamic economy that works rather well on Skyblock. Obviously I am not proposing just straight up ripping that off of their server and slapping it on ours, but let me explain it first and then we'll get to the options.

With a dynamic economy, it's based off a supply/demand system so if there is more demand - the price increases, but if there's more supply then the price will decrease. This is obviously different than a static economy which never changes.

PROPOSALS:

Option 1: Make the entire economy dynamic. This would create a complex structure that would maintain itself based on what people sold - meaning you would need to have a variety of spawners and crops built into your bases and pick which one to sell and when to sell it - because it would be changing constantly. You could also essentially break this system by teaming up with a few people to constantly keep things low....so there's a small element of strategy layered over the entire infrastructure.

Option 2: Keep the economy fully static. This doesn't really need an explanation since we've been using it forever.

Option 3: Bring in a partial dynamic economy. The details can be discussed in a suggestion if this idea gets a lot of support, but my initial thought was to make crops dynamic, but keep spawners static. You could also do it the other way around so there's a nice entry into spawners that never changes. Again, think of this as a gateway INTO a suggestion where we can discuss the finer details - this is here to see if people like the idea of a partially dynamic economy.

As always, thanks for voting and reading my super long posts. I am aware I can be a bit long-winded sometimes so thanks for bearing with me. This poll will close in 4 days.

Cheers,
Omega | Management Team
Holy **** option #2 because the amount of effort which would be required to create a farm for each type of crop would legit make any non big faction commit. Especially since maintaining a single cane farm is a mission in itself.
[doublepost=1542221088,1542221054][/doublepost]
I'm in favor of a fully dynamic economy, though it would be nice to have prices smoothed so there isn't much day to day or intraday variation. For example, if cane is selling for $4 one day, I don't think it should go above $4.25 or below $3.75 the next day.
Why so?

Omega

Community Manager
Staff member
Manager
Holy **** option #2 because the amount of effort which would be required to create a farm for each type of crop would legit make any non big faction commit. Especially since maintaining a single cane farm is a mission in itself.
[doublepost=1542221088,1542221054][/doublepost]
Why so?
That's why I like the idea of a partial dynamic eco. Either way, crops need to get phased out at the end game - so whether that's because we just destroy their sell prices or make them dynamic....I guess that's basically up to you I suppose. I like the idea of early-game crops being dynamic and fluctuating because eventually what you get is high sell prices for newer players to get spawners - and all the bigger guys will already have static-selling spawners. Maybe I'm missing the downside here, but it seems (at least on paper and in thought) like a good idea. That being said, I also don't actively play...so I do enjoy hearing the community's perspective.

Omega

Community Manager
Staff member
Manager

This will get underused crops and spawners to be used. It might take $50 potatoes, but eventually someone will farm potatoes :)
In terms of this, obviously everything will have a top and bottom limit. You won't be able to sell it enough to drop it to zero - but if you keep selling it, it'll just stay pegged at the very bottom. I believe the system works on LC by calculating sell amount to buy amount per day, and so the price will fluctuate daily depending on how much is bought and sold.

RaiderEvo

Backpacker
That's why I like the idea of a partial dynamic eco. Either way, crops need to get phased out at the end game - so whether that's because we just destroy their sell prices or make them dynamic....I guess that's basically up to you I suppose. I like the idea of early-game crops being dynamic and fluctuating because eventually what you get is high sell prices for newer players to get spawners - and all the bigger guys will already have static-selling spawners. Maybe I'm missing the downside here, but it seems (at least on paper and in thought) like a good idea. That being said, I also don't actively play...so I do enjoy hearing the community's perspective.
Wut would the fluctuations be in the range of?
Edit answered as I wrote

Omega

Community Manager
Staff member
Manager
Wut would the fluctuations be in the range of?
Should answer more of your question directly above, but overall I don't know the actual adjustments but I'm pretty sure we can customize them.

RaiderEvo

Backpacker
Should answer more of your question directly above, but overall I don't know the actual adjustments but I'm pretty sure we can customize them.
Wait so like it'll be if the server sells alot of a certain crop the price it sells for gets lowered and like you have to sell alot of another crop to have the first crop's price go ^

Hilly

Explorer
It kinda sounds like this dynamic eco will only help power factions and will make smaller factions work harder to make money im neutral with this idea

AusTho

Backpacker
Hello again everyone,

PROPOSALS:

Cheers,
Omega | Management Team
Im down for a change, Dynamic seems really interesting i wouldnt mind this at all! +1

Vulso

Trailblazer
Hello again everyone,

PROPOSALS:

Cheers,
Omega | Management Team
#1!!!

Tabby

Nobility
Ok, I've not had time to read the whole thread but I read the original post from Omega. What is the dynamic economy like? How does it work? I don't think any of it was explained well enough.

Octaret

Citizen
I actually went on LC and was wondering what Desty would be like with that system a few days ago. Having multiple crops to tend to would absolutely suck so I do not think we should have dynamic for crops. In fact, I think crop prices should be heavily nerfed if it is static or partial with spawners. With having partially dynamic with spawner drops I think it would be cool with the new f top system since you'll have to place everything anyway. I like change and also like doing the same thing over and over every reset at the same time but my vote is going towards having mob drops in a partial dynamic economy and nerfing crops (since cane and cactus are the two main crops maybe nerf cane to $2.50 each and cactus to like $2?). If this made no sense I apologize as I'm about to pass out and writing this on my phone. :)

Thrunic

Peasant
I'd base the price based on the value of the crop / item sold as a percentage of the total value of all items sold. If the map gets old and 90% of the economy is spawners, farms should start going up in profitability IMO, and vice versa. If anything, this will make crop prices lower early game when spawners are scarce and high late game when people have large grinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.