Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Outposts(Yea ik this is the wrong sections)

Do you want Outposts?

• Yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperio

Previously Emperio
(As requested by Logic)
(Player input required)
These are some outposts I thought of.

Outpost #1
(
insert name here) Outpost

This outpost will benefit grinding and farming. A growth multiplier and spawner rate multiplier. Every 30 minutes it will add a certain amount to the factions balance(faction eco will have to be enabled for this), or the leader. Once fully capped, a message will be put in chat thisRandomFaction now has now neutralized outpost (insert name here), causing thisOtherFaction to lose control.

thisRandomFaction has completely capture outpost (insert name here)

Outpost #2
(
insert name here) Outpost

This outpost will benefit pvp factions(idk really). Causing them to have extra buffs while pvping. Extra XP for grinding?? Every 30 minutes it will add a certain amount to the factions balance(faction eco will have to be enabled for this), or the leader. Once fully capped, a message will be put in chat thisRandomFaction now has now neutralized outpost (insert name here), causing thisOtherFaction to lose control.

ThisRandomFaction has completely capture outpost (insert name here)

I think there should be a special world for KOTH's and Outposts. A custom terrain one.

How an outpost works

Imagine a 5x5 or any size square, inside this square, you start the claiming process. As long as you do not step outside of the square region, also known as capture zone, the cap percentage goes from 0 - 100%. Once you have successfully captured the Outpost(which is the square region) You get special buffs to your faction, such as money, faster crop growth rate, faster spawner spawn rate etc. If another person of another faction enters the region while you are in it, the capture process is being "Contested". If you are not present at the time someone else is capturing the outpost(must be of another faction), either you were killed or you teleported away, that person will start "neutralizing" the outpost(the square region), the percentage will go from 100-0. Once the outpost is at 0, the outpost is now "neutral". After the outpost is neutralized, the person will start capturing the outpost for his faction.

Some important points:
-For a faction to receive buffs, the outpost should be 100% captured
-Once 100% captured, you may teleport away and keep the buffs running until another faction starts neutralizing the outpost
-If a faction leaves an outpost neutralized, it will stay neutralized until another faction starts capturing it
-If a faction leaves an outpost not fully captured, it will remain that way. Example: Faction called Dupers capture outpost only till 60%, and leave the outpost region, the outpost will remain 60% captured by Dupers until another faction enters the region

I hope this cleared your doubts

Last edited:

13Max31

Explorer
Sounds like a good idea, would there be time after a faction captures it, like a grace period where other factions cannot capture it?

Logic

Ambassador
I like the initial ideas of spawner and crop buffs. For spawners, would it buff mob loot drop rates or just mob spawn rates? I doubt we'd add faction economies, so let's stick with focusing on these buffs.

How often do the arenas spawn? Can you explain how the capping mechanism works? Explain it as if you're explaining it to someone who has never played on a server where there exists an Outpost (this is exactly what you're doing, lol).

Divertido

Explorer
I like the initial ideas of spawner and crop buffs. For spawners, would it buff mob loot drop rates or just mob spawn rates? I doubt we'd add faction economies, so let's stick with focusing on these buffs.

How often do the arenas spawn? Can you explain how the capping mechanism works? Explain it as if you're explaining it to someone who has never played on a server where there exists an Outpost (this is exactly what you're doing, lol).
Buffs crop growing rates and mob spawning rates by say - 2x
Outposts are 24/7 active, you cap outpost by standing in the designated zone and you wait till it caps (say a minute)
If there is someone already capping, you wait two minutes because the first minute to set it back to neutral, then the second to cap it yourself
tldr 24/7 koth
[no adverts]

Logic

Ambassador
Buffs crop growing rates and mob spawning rates by say - 2x
Outposts are 24/7 active, you cap outpost by standing in the designated zone and you wait till it caps (say a minute)
If there is someone already capping, you wait two minutes because the first minute to set it back to neutral, then the second to cap it yourself
tldr 24/7 koth
[no adverts]
I was thinking there'd be two, one for crops, and another for spawners. Does this sound good? I like it because it allows multiple factions to get involved and not just have the activity auto-locked to one faction 24/7, etc.

As for capturing - so you need to remain in a certain area without being knocked out by another faction for 'x' amount of time, and by doing so you'd cap it from a neutral state? To get it back from another faction, you'd need to set it back to neutral by standing there uncontested for 'x' amount of time, and then remain there uncontested for another 'x' to recapture it FOR your faction? This is the idea?

We already have an End and Nether KoTH. So this should be in the wilderness, correct, or? If so - how do players reach the arena? Is there a warp to a nearby area, or are they supposed to run to it (at least for the first time) and then set homes nearby (I assume we'll lock it so they can't be set too close), or?

Emperio

Previously Emperio

Imagine a 5x5 or any size square, inside this square, you start the claiming process. As long as you do not step outside of the square region, also known as capture zone, the cap percentage goes from 0 - 100%. Once you have successfully captured the Outpost(which is the square region) You get special buffs to your faction, such as money, faster crop growth rate, faster spawner spawn rate etc. If another person of another faction enters the region while you are in it, the capture process is being "Contested". If you are not present at the time someone else is capturing the outpost(must be of another faction), either you were killed or you teleported away, that person will start "neutralizing" the outpost(the square region), the percentage will go from 100-0. Once the outpost is at 0, the outpost is now "neutral". After the outpost is neutralized, the person will start capturing the outpost for his faction.

Some important points:
-Once 100% captured, you may teleport away and keep the buffs running until another faction starts neutralizing the outpost
-If a faction leaves an outpost neutralized, it will stay neutralized until another faction starts capturing it
-If a faction leaves an outpost not fully captured, it will remain that way. Example: Faction called Dupers capture outpost only till 60%, and leave the outpost region, the outpost will remain 60% captured by Dupers until another faction enters the region

I hope this cleared your doubts

Last edited:

Logic

Ambassador

Some important points:
Very well explained, thank you. This is perfectly what I was looking for. I added some additional questions at the footer of my previous comment here, care to answer those as well? You're very well spoken, it my makes my life very easy. ^.^

Emperio

Previously Emperio
Very well explained, thank you. This is perfectly what I was looking for. I added some additional questions at the footer of my previous comment here, care to answer those as well? You're very well spoken, it my makes my life very easy. ^.^
Yes for an x amount of time the outpost is neutralized from 100-0%. The captured from 0-100%.

An outpost is ideally kept in a separate world where most commands are disabled. They need to run from the spawn of that world to one of the outpost areas. They shouldn't be able to set a home anywhere within that world

Logic

Ambassador
Yes for an x amount of time the outpost is neutralized from 100-0%. The captured from 0-100%.

An outpost is ideally kept in a separate world where most commands are disabled. They need to run from the spawn of that world to one of the outpost areas. They shouldn't be able to set a home anywhere within that world
Hmm, I'm not sure how realistic it's going to be that we get an entirely separate world set up. Hmm, perhaps what we could do is place the arenas somewhere near the /wild portal in the safezone and deny homesetting/whatever other necessary commands in those safezones? (What commands shouldn't be useable?) That way to get there you'd be forced to run from /wild, etc? Would something like that work, or how else could we get around adding an entirely new world? I'd like to try and avoid that.

13Max31

Explorer
That way to get there you'd be forced to run from /wild, etc? Would something like that work, or how else could we get around adding an entirely new world? I'd like to try and avoid that.
I'm just gonna add my little idea here. I feel like wilds are completely useless. By that I mean, nobody does anything in the protected area. It's useless. The only event that's hosted there are the loot crates. So, if you were to put these outposts anywhere, I would recommend putting them somewhere in the wild. It would be interesting to have a sort of bridge leading to a platform in the sky. Since it is a capping thing, just like the KOTH, punch and knock back should be disabled. The main problem that I can tell in pvp is that people with the /fix all command have a massive advantage. So, it should be disabled in the arena. That would mean that armour would break, and making it a lot harder to keep an outpost for long, giving other people the chance to cap it.

Emperio

Previously Emperio
I'm just gonna add my little idea here. I feel like wilds are completely useless. By that I mean, nobody does anything in the protected area. It's useless. The only event that's hosted there are the loot crates. So, if you were to put these outposts anywhere, I would recommend putting them somewhere in the wild. It would be interesting to have a sort of bridge leading to a platform in the sky. Since it is a capping thing, just like the KOTH, punch and knock back should be disabled. The main problem that I can tell in pvp is that people with the /fix all command have a massive advantage. So, it should be disabled in the arena. That would mean that armour would break, and making it a lot harder to keep an outpost for long, giving other people the chance to cap it.
Dude people won't even last that long for their armor to break. Their pots will finish before that. But regardless I guess that's cool

Emperio

Previously Emperio
Hmm, I'm not sure how realistic it's going to be that we get an entirely separate world set up. Hmm, perhaps what we could do is place the arenas somewhere near the /wild portal in the safezone and deny homesetting/whatever other necessary commands in those safezones? (What commands shouldn't be useable?) That way to get there you'd be forced to run from /wild, etc? Would something like that work, or how else could we get around adding an entirely new world? I'd like to try and avoid that.
Keeping an outpost at /wild isn't really practical IMO. People are always coming to spawn, either for loot crates or the boss. They could pretty much stumble upon the outposts and just make it outright annoying. We want the people who actually are aiming to cap the outpost only.

I understand that another world would require more resources etc. But this can be countered with just a small world. Maybe 2000x2000 blocks If you decide to go this way, the community would prefer custom generated terrain, but if this isn't possible, you can use a normal world too.

Another idea. I've seen outposts like this on Cosmic PvP. They are either enclosed, underground or nowhere near anything. There is a special warp set there. /o warp , which then opens up a GUI to choose which outpost to teleport too. No running is required. On comsic there's sort of a tunnel which leads to the outpost. But this would really choke PvP due to the small space available. Instead, making an underground arena sounds better.

Which idea do you like more?
[doublepost=1529372636,1529372601][/doublepost]
Couldn't you just buy more pots? Would you would need to disable /shop as well?
Yea I'm writing down a list of commands to be disallowed.

13Max31

Explorer
Another idea. I've seen outposts like this on Cosmic PvP. They are either enclosed, underground or nowhere near anything. There is a special warp set there. /o warp , which then opens up a GUI to choose which outpost to teleport too. No running is required. On comsic there's sort of a tunnel which leads to the outpost. But this would really choke PvP due to the small space available. Instead, making an underground arena sounds better.
Hmm, would it be accessible from an existing warp? I think that, because they are understaffed, taking an existing part of the map and changing it would make more sense then making an entire new warp. What about under /wild? Like an underground cave with the outposts in it. How does that sound?

Divertido

Explorer
Also, correct me if I'm wrong but while adding outpost on another world creates more intense server processes, it immensely improves fps I think

Emperio

Previously Emperio
Hmm, would it be accessible from an existing warp? I think that, because they are understaffed, taking an existing part of the map and changing it would make more sense then making an entire new warp. What about under /wild? Like an underground cave with the outposts in it. How does that sound?
Yeah, that sounds sweet. The only reason it should be enclosed is to prevent randoms who don't even know what outposts are to start capping it. Just make sure that it has enough space for PvP

Logic

Ambassador
Keeping an outpost at /wild isn't really practical IMO. People are always coming to spawn, either for loot crates or the boss. They could pretty much stumble upon the outposts and just make it outright annoying. We want the people who actually are aiming to cap the outpost only.

I understand that another world would require more resources etc. But this can be countered with just a small world. Maybe 2000x2000 blocks If you decide to go this way, the community would prefer custom generated terrain, but if this isn't possible, you can use a normal world too.

Which idea do you like more?
[doublepost=1529372636,1529372601][/doublepost]
Yea I'm writing down a list of commands to be disallowed.
The Content Team is going to be discussing how we'll be trying to implement Outpost today, I'll see what ideas they're able to come up with and what they think about what you've said here. Thanks for the insight.

Emperio

Previously Emperio
The Content Team is going to be discussing how we'll be trying to implement Outpost today, I'll see what ideas they're able to come up with and what they think about what you've said here. Thanks for the insight.
Looks good (y)

Prismo

Explorer
So, outposts would basically be a round-the-clock KOTH with no death-ban from the area (or temporary death ban if devs see fit) with a constant small reward instead of death-ban from area and instant huge reward.

+1 because I like pvp with rewards and people would be more active for pvp with rewards

Status
Not open for further replies.