Official | Staff Recommendations

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Omega, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +4,101
    xOmega
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Staff members and players on Desteria are regularly promoted, demoted, removed from, or brought onto the team. While the decision is made by myself, potential candidates are filtered through our staff team and administrators; and additional input is always welcome.

This thread is a platform for players who would like to offer their opinions and ideas on other players whom they think would make a good staff member. Players may also recommend
    promotions of current staff members. Note that demotion recommendations are not to be posted here and are to be PM'd directly to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Please copy and fill out the form below, and post it as a reply to this thread.

Recommendations must be made of one's own free will. Asking for, or forcing other players to make recommendations can result in disqualification. Make sure to be genuine and detailed in your response, recommendations that are not serious will be removed. All posts that do not follow the following format will also be removed without notice.

USERNAME: The username // forum name of the player you're recommending.
    RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment or Promotion
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Minimum response length of 5 sentences. Let us know WHY this player deserves to be promoted or hired.

[​IMG]

#1 Omega, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Loser

Loser Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,095
    Username: Lucy // FanfuViish

Recommendation: Player -> Helper

Detailed Response: Lucy is an outstanding member to our community. She's been here for quite a while, she's been on the staff team a couple of times, and she's never failed to impress us. From the short time I served as staff, she was always active in staff chat answering the teams questions, and always doing her best in-game. She knows the rules, and she knows hacks/clients (which is also a plus). Lucy is mature, and from what I know has never been banned before and only muted once before. In my opinion, she's the best candidate at the moment (no offense to other applicants). She deserves the spot!

• Like Like x 4
    • Salty Salty x 1
  3. Aiden

Aiden Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,189
    k9o
    Aiden's Recommendations!.png
    Star Divider.gif

USERNAME: @Z-ONE // Enkiduh

RECOMMENDATION:
    Promotion // Administrator --> Manager

DETAILED RESPONSE:
    So I decided to take a look at the ban page for Desteria, when I looked on the very first page of the ban list the only staff member I saw on there was none other than our best administrator Enkiduh, he is online a lot and is active, he also does his best to answer as many questions as he can honestly and thoroughly. He contributes to the server a lot. What makes his chances better is that he's been here for around two years now, so he has lots and lots of experience, Enkiduh deserves this promotion a lot.

Star Divider.gif

#3 Aiden, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aiden

Aiden Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,189
    k9o
    Aiden's Recommendations!.png
    Star Divider.gif

USERNAME:
    @Mia // Antiscians

RECOMMENDATION:
    Promotion // Mentor --> Mod

DETAILED RESPONSE:
    Honestly, Mia has made a very significant contribution to the community, she's active both in-game and on the forums, she is really interactive and almost never AFK as far as I've seen, and she's really nice and helpful overall, she's been on the staff team twice now, even though she's left the team she has kept her hopes high and reapplied, and keeping her hopes high is what got her a position on the staff team again. She has worked hard and very much deserves this promotion.

Star Divider.gif

#4 Aiden, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Zack

Zack Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,531
    KnightZack
    Username: @Fluffy
    Recommendation: Recruited to Helper
    Detailed Response: Fluffy brings back the old-school vibe of a staff member who's confident and smart on the server. Since the day I joined I've seen Fluffy being the definition of a hard-working staff member. He realizes his mistakes and weaknesses and owns up to them, rather than denying it. Sure, he might have the tendency to resign in mysterious ways, but I'm sure he can improve the staff team back to the glorious standards in the golden days. Best of luck Fluff!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Case

Case Overlord

Ratings:
    +1,687
    CaseAndPoint
    USERNAME: @Louis / DarkPulsar_
    RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment --> Helper
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Louis has changed in the time he's been a player, from turning a wee bit toxic, back to a good person. He's someone that's been there for me, and will be there for desteria's community. We hang out a lot in the dubtrack and play music to each other, and he's been a really good friend to me. He may have been a little toxic after leaving the staff team but that shouldn't ruin his chances of getting staff again. Best of luck Louis, and I hope you get back on the team :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Zip

Zip Ambassador

Ratings:
    +4,897
    USERNAME: Enkiduh (I believe) // @Z-ONE
    RECOMMENDATION: Promotion // Administrator > Manager
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Everyone knows he deserves Manager. He is one of the most hardworking people on the staff team. HE is very active. When he is online he is always helping out, always answering player's questions, doing what a real staffie should do. He has contributed so much to this server. I think it's time he gets promoted. :)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Yazability

Yazability Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,382
    USERNAME: @Fluffy
    RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment
    DETAILED RESPONSE:
    Best person ever, ex staff, has a lot of experience, and is very helpful/active. I was too lazy to write a paragraph but this should do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. Ariana

Ariana Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +11,093
    USERNAME: @Zack // KnightZack
    RECOMMENDATION:
    Recruitment // player > helper
    DE AILED RESPONSE: Zack knows desteria inside out, he only joined us a while back this year but has managed to convince us all that he is capable of this position. From my own experience Zack is a friendly, welcoming and loving person that will care for anyone. He isn't a person that will ignore you, won't help you no. He does his best to his ability making sure everyone is happy and I think that's what we're looking for as a staff. He knows all the rules, he has many friends, he realm hops a lot, decent amount of hours he has everything. So why not give Zack a chance and let him be staff as I'm sure we all want him to be staff because we've been waiting a long time for this.

#9 Ariana, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    • Like x 8
    • Agree x 3
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  10. DerpyMinion

DerpyMinion Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,147
    USERNAME: @Louis / Bae_Kirito (wat kind of name is dis?)
    RECOMMENDATION:
    Recruitment
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Louis has had much experience here on desteria before, in fact he once held the rank of helper before. He is an extremely polite, kind and funny person. All around he is an amazing person. He knows desteria in and out. He listens intently to anyone's problems and will do his best to help.

#10 DerpyMinion, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Razexa

Razexa Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,272
    Honestly there's a lot of stuff I can write here so I'll edit this as I go along.

USERNAME:
    @Z-ONE

RECOMMENDATION:
    Admin > Manager

DETAILED RESPONSE:
    From my personal experience with Tea, he actually cares a lot more about the server than anyone else. He's probably the only staff member who's played consistently and has held his position. Basically, he's not one of those people who will resign over and over again. He deffo deserves the position considering he's fairly active in the community. He genuinely knows what's best for the server and what players want.

Personally I think Tea would be best as some event/community manager. He's not the best at factions, but he actually does seek the help of others. He actually gathers the opinions of others. I'm sure he would organize some great events that incorporate what players want if he was actually given the opportunity to do so. Probably would understand that most players want some PvP orientated event, rather than a build event that only appeals to the minority of people playing Desteria.

No offence, but I find it hard to believe that Annie was able to get Manager before Tea. Tea is definitely more qualified to be a "community manager." I mean he's honestly earned my respect which I can't say for any other staff member with the exception of Panda. That too, Tea is probably one of the most respected members, making him even worthier.

Anyways I don't really classify many people as "good staff members," but this is a pretty ****ing obvious promotion. Let's be honest anyways, all the other community managers have been **** up until now as they don't posses the qualities that Tea does.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bass

Bass Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,393
    USERNAME: @Louis // Bae_Kirito

RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment // Player --> Helper

DETAILED RESPONSE: I'm going to be completely honest here, Louis is such a great guy, he is a very friendly, charismatic, and helpful person. He can be a great addition to the staff team, not only because he is experienced, and familiar with the Desteria staff position, but also because of his past experience as a reviewer, this can help a lot if he someday gets promoted from the helper position. I strongly believe that Louis has the potential to bring great attributes to the current staff team.

#12 Bass, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Justin

Justin Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,919
    USERNAME: @Louis
    RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment to Helper
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Hm, I have much to say. Louis has always been a nice guy (to me). He was always an inspiration to me, He knew lots about reports, Taught me most of my information from hacks from just looking at his comments and reports (and jman ofc). He has been toxic, But he's been real. His toxicity wasn't to bad, And if you want to keep him away from getting Helper because of a toxic past, Why am I not demoted? Louis has made awfully terrible mistakes in the past, And he regrets it from me speaking with him, I know that. (lots more to say but i'm on my phone)
    I love joining bandwagons.
    Also, Going to be doing a recommendation for @Zack soon dw, But I have hw so yeah.
    Good Luck :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Flame

Flame Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welp...This is gonna be a while :^)

USERNAME: DarkPulsar_ || @Louis
    RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment from player to helper
    DETAILED RESPONSE: I've known Louis for a while now and from what I know of him he likes to help out the community. Sure, he was toxic and quit playing for a while, but there has been several staff that got promoted and there is a few right now that had a bad past. Louis knows what he is doing when it comes down to this stuff. When he was helper I never really played but I heard so much about him. I believe Louis is a top notch pick for these upcoming staff waves.

USERNAME: KnightZack || @Zack
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Zack is one of those guys that once you start talking to him you like instantly become friends with him. He tried out for around 4-5 months I believe and surprisingly never got it. If you were to ask me, he is capable to do so much. You always see him on the forums interacting with other players on forum posts or shoutbox. Just like Louis I believe Zack is a top notch pick for if not next wave then certainly the wave after.

USERNAME: Kateeeee || @Kate
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Kate has been here for a while now. She is active in game and helps out as much as she can. Whenever I'm on she always tells me if something has happened and reports it because she believes that's what she has to do. Whenever a new player is on I see her helping out. Just like Zack she is extremely active on the forums. This player tries to get involved with the community as much as she can. This is why I believe Kate should get recruited.

#14 Flame, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    • Like x 4
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  15. JMan

JMan Ambassador

Ratings:
    +4,958
    USERNAME: @Louis // Bae_Kirito (Wolf / Kirito)
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Unfortunately, Louis' previous end in the staff team and the period shortly thereafter was fairly unsavory. I believe it to have been a phase. I'd imagine the main barrier between Louis and a Helper rank would be that stain on his past. What's important to note is that the behavior had a very decisive end, and has continued to be gone since. We often observe those who behave poorly will put on a smile and an act in an attempt to change, but then fall back to the norm. Louis has proven, at least to me, that his norm, is the aforementioned ne'erdowell's pseudo reformed self. The needs of a staff member are capability, will, & reliability. Louis has proven plenty that he is more than capable & more than willing. His challenge from now on is to show that he is reliable. The best way to have a good future, is to have a good past. For those who do not (such is the solemn case here), must try even harder and for a longer period of time. Louis has done this to my standards. As far as I'm concerned, from what I know, he'd be an excellent candidate for Helper in the coming waves. He'd be a very valuable addition, and an asset to the team, and by extension, the server. I'd love to see him on the team.

USERNAME: @Zack // KnightZack
    DETAILED RESPONSE: Unlike many applicants, Zack started his Desteria life on the best grounds possible. From the very first interaction we had until this very moment, I've only ever had good experiences, conversations, & observations of him. And I believe this to be the case for most. He's proved his will & reliability in the past, but has never been given much chance to display his capability. I've only been given a glimpse into his potential while he was active in the PRG. There, I worked with him closely and took note of his dedication, and hunger to improve. The same hunger that I possessed about this time a year ago. While he didn't perform the best out of the members of the PRG at that given time, he did however improve himself, and those around him the most. That's what I take away from Zack. Another question for Zack is his current reliability. He's recently, like many, taken a break from the server and come back. We all need a break from time to time, but there exists time when those who claim their back to stay, are only back for a short time. If he's able to prove his reliability and dedication to the server, I'd be heartbroken not to see him on the team. Further, I'd consider it a great missed opportunity to delay his recruitment any more than it should be.

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Salty x 1
  16. GloriousPanda

GloriousPanda Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,735
    Been reading some great suggestions! Keep it up! ^.^

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. TrueSuspense

TrueSuspense Peasant

Ratings:
    +10
    Username: JustinKite or @JustinKite
    Recommendation: recruitment player > Helper
    Detailed Response: While Justin had a rough history with his associations with Vaktus and a toxic thread he posted a few months ago, he has shown much dedication to the server and is a great contribution to the community. He has made great improvements and has refrained from his old ways. He is constantly helping players both on the forums and in game. Ofc I don't see him a lot in game cuz I normally stick to the forums because I'm waiting for the reset, but he has shown tremendous improvement. He is a hard working soul and very persistent body. He is extremely active, which the staff team could use right now and he is usually on at times when staff members aren't. He is truly a great person and means well and I hope to see him on the team in the near future. He was recently a Helper so he already knows what to do and knows how to handle the stress and he understands the pressure and can easily overcome it. He is well deserving of the position of Helper and did his best while he was on the team last time. I hope everyone else can see the good in him like I do and continue to recognize his good deeds.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 3, 2016 ---
    Username: _Cbass or @Cbass
    Recommendation: recruitment player > Helper
    Detailed Response: I have seen nothing but good things out of Cbass. He is the most positive person I know and he is very trustworthy and very friendly. He helps out a lot on the forums and is constantly giving advise to knew players. He does good things for the community and never gives up on something he is truly trying to achieve. He is a very lovable and kind hearted person and he would be a good fit for Helper. He is a good representation of what a great staff member should look like and I would never put anything past him. He is reliable and persists to help the community and the growing number of players that will come during the times of advertisement later in the year or whenever the advertisement begins.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Ariana

Ariana Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +11,093
    USERNAME: @Flame // Flamatix
    RECOMMENDATION: Promotion // Helper > Mentor
    DETAILED RESPONSE: I've known Justin for a long time now, back when I was staff and beyond that. He's a reliable and hard working person that does the best to his ability to help everyone. He's incredibly active on the forums and in game and swiftly replies to any messages that he gets. He is well known on mostly all of the realms and would do an amazing job at mentoring. He has been a helper
    For a decent amount of time now and I think he deserves a promotion. Again, he's very keen to help out whom he approaches and trust me he does, he deserves a promotion.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Johnny

Johnny Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,415
    USERNAME: _Cbass
    RECOMMENDATION: Recruitment [ Player -> Helper ]
    DETAILED RESPONSE:
    When I first started talking to Cbass he was very toxic, I gradually saw a change happen within the past few months. I believe he wants this position more than anyone right. He's been fighting for this position and he's been helping so many users with starting off etc. It's just nice to see someone who puts in 100% effort into helping someone else. At times, Players just ignore me and ask him the questions which really brought my attention. I believe Cbass is ready to take on the position and I think Theos can agree with me also.
    Anyway, Good luck my man [ @Cbass ]

More recommendations to come.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Ariana

Ariana Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +11,093
    USERNAME: @OGMineman // OGMineman
    RECOMMENDATION: Promotion // Helper > Mentor
    DETAILED RESPONSE: I've always been great friends with Justin, he's always there for everyone and I mean everyone. He's a great person to hang around with whenever you need him. He actually plays the main game which is why he is staff in the first place. He is an excellent pvper (not :)). I've seen him hop around every realm now and then and he makes friends with new players and old ones, he isn't a bad guy, he's a great one in fact. He does the best to his ability to make sure everyone is having a fantastic time on desteria, he's been staff for a couple of months now but to make it even better is to make him a mentor because he truly deserves it

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1