My Resigning Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by TheKingJensonV2, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKingJensonV2

TheKingJensonV2 Peasant

Ratings:
    +11
    By TheKingJenson

Oh, this is gonna be fun.

First off. I'd like to point out that anyone who says that there's bias and corruption within the staff team is completely right. This is a joke. This is unbelievable. I mean my god, if only you guys knew...

Communication within the staff team is practically nonexistent. There are staff members who know everything about 5.0 already and staff members who know nothing. This partially stems from lack of communication, but more importantly it's caused by internal bias. Certain staff members are told things that they're not supposed to know but they get told anyways because that's just what happens.

Now. In case you didn't know yet, the staff ranks are getting changed. The new ranks are gonna be Helper, Moderator, Admin, Manager, and Owner, as seen in this screenshot of a new punishment system: [​IMG]

So. Why am I telling you this? Well, obviously removing Mentors and adding Admins means that some staff are going to have different ranks for 5.0. Now, what if I told you that there are select staff members on the team who already know what people's ranks are gonna be? What if I told you that Tea might not even be made an Admin, let alone Management like so many people wanted? What if I told you that this is just the beginning?

From what I've heard, the plan for the staff ranks is that the Managers are going to be doing more of the back-end work. Emails, store issues, things like that, while the Admins will be handling ALL of the reports and appeals, and the owners will be personally handling staff waves.

Why? Why would you take the Management away from interacting with the server, the community? You're moving Management away from their own staff team, for god's sake. How is that going to fix the lack of communication?

Why would you decide that Admins are the only ones who can handle reports and appeals? How does that make any sense at all? There are people who are great at handling reports who would be terrible admins, and there are people who would make great admins who would be terrible with reports. Why, why would you combine the two roles?

Beth told SkillAura the names of the eight new realms weeks ago. Beth told SkillAura which staff are going to have what ranks in 5.0, or at least some of them, and he told Ana. Ana posted a message in a group expressing that to everyone in it, and that made its way to me. So. What else do people on this staff team know that we're not supposed to? Heheh, we're just getting started.

[​IMG]

Hey, look what happened today! Look at who was so confident that they knew that already!

[​IMG]

Hey, look what happened today! Look who knew the answer again!

[​IMG]

When the **** did we get rid of Judgment Days? When did that happen? What else do these people know that we don't, seriously?

But let's move on. Recently, Eraze put together a team of a few staff members whose job appears to have been to redesign the kits for donators, redesign the Destroyer/Christmas/New Years' kits, and think of new ideas for things to put in the shop for purchase. Apparently only a couple of the staff members actually ended up working on this. Now, staff were asked for opinions on what we thought of those ideas. Here's a few of my screenshots that I took of that with my comments on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before someone starts moaning about it, I know that these aren't confirmed. I know. But why would these even be considered? SkillAura (as usual) told me that there ARE going to be iron golem spawners in 5.0. Do I believe him? Considering everything else he knows, I could perfectly well believe him. If these things all get added Desteria is going to be more pay to win than any factions server I've ever seen. Would people pay for all of this? You bet they would. But these would make it impossible to properly enjoy doing things here if you didn't spend hundreds of dollars on store-bought items. Do everyone a favor and leave this bullshit off of Desteria.

Let people have fun without having to spend so much money. I get it, a Minecraft server needs to make profits. But this is so ridiculously over-the-top. It's unnecessary. Think about how many people were buying ranks during 3.0. Think about how many people bought items during the New Years Sale. Think about how much money people spent in a timespan of 30 seconds when that contest was held to be the first one to buy something during the sale. The server was making money. The server had player counts in the thousands. The server was NOT ridiculously pay to win when those things happened. These things would make it so much worse. It's unneeded. It's stupid.

And what about these new managers? Apparently the plan for the 5.0 managers has been set since April.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is this bullshit? You're telling me that Emecay and Provision would have gotten demoted regardless of how good a job they were doing? They weren't part of the "golden plan the entire time"? This has been the plan since April?

Well Alex, how about you go right on ahead and explain this one to me:

[​IMG]

New plans have been made? What new plans? The plans have been set since April, haven't they? What are you talking about then? Emecay was never part of your "golden plan", was she? Why would you need to change plans? Huh? What does this mean then?

[​IMG]

Why are you so shocked Alex? Wasn't she supposed to be gone? How does this affect you at all if you knew so well that she would be gone for 5.0? And why did Ryan get demoted anyways? You still haven't told him, let alone anyone else. What's the reason for him getting demoted other than the part where he's not part of this plan of yours? What is it?

[​IMG]

Here's what it is Alex. You’re a ****ing liar. You lied to Lex when you told her that her job was secure through 5.0. You weren't telling Ryan why he got demoted.

When are you actually telling the truth, Alex? When can I trust you? Why should I trust you? Why should ANY of us trust you? TELL THE DAMN TRUTH AND STICK TO IT. HOW ABOUT THAT.

So. Has everyone gotten what they came for? Is this enough for you all? I hope it's at least enough to make you think for a while about what's really happening on this server. About what's happening TO this server. I don't like the way things have been. I don't like the way things are. I don't like the looks of how things are going to be. This points in all the wrong directions.

Fix things. That's about all I have left to say. FIx Desteria. Don't make it so pay to win as it seems you will. The experience comes first. Not the money. The money is a sign of faith, and happiness. The money means players are glad to be on this server. The players follow the positive experience, not the other way around. Think about that.

And if you're wondering, you bet your ass I'm resigning.

• Savage Savage x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Killerhogs

Killerhogs Backpacker

Ratings:
    +88
    RESERVED

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrFive

MrFive Explorer

Ratings:
    +166
    RESERVED

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alrea

Alrea Backpacker

Ratings:
    +87
    What a legend

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cloe

Cloe Crusader

Ratings:
    +584
    Cloe
  6. hjiuklmo

hjiuklmo Backpacker

Ratings:
    +79
    hjiuklmo
    reserved

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Previously Bonfiyah

Ratings:
    +1,088
    Bonfiyah
    this a quality meme i am not privy to because i am not well versed in desteria lore.

8. hjiuklmo

hjiuklmo Backpacker

Ratings:
    +79
    hjiuklmo
    what does this even mean

9. Laney

Laney Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,387
    Translated: Is this a good meme I'm not aware of? I don't know much about desteria's history.

10. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +3,608
    XxOmega
    Oh man, this brings back memories. I remember this going on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Rapidly

Rapidly Forest Guardian

Ratings:
    +7,181
    this was dead two years ago jensen let it die bro it’s not as good anymore omegalol xd!!

12. MentalTrap

MentalTrap Nobility

Ratings:
    +944
    MENTALTRAP
    i miss these days
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2018 ---
    didnt ambush continue to pay emecay after she was removed from the team?

13. JMan

JMan Ambassador

Ratings:
    +4,891
    Yooooo! I remember this LOL
    Good stuff

14. Lew

Lew Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,005
    I remember when I was in the staff team while all this **** went on. The most dramatic show I've watched since LOVE ISLAND FOLKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.