My Opinion:

Discussion in 'General' started by prospartanator, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159
    I have played since 1.0 and I am terrified to see what Desteria has become. I think Desteria needs to focus on pumping out content instead of trying to tweak every little thing. For one, Desteria should start playing for plugins instead of trying to make their own each time. It says time and money which is great! Another thing Desteria has to do is branch away from mainstream server tactics. One of these including customizing their 4 classes. Now for the last four years we have had the same 4 boring ass classes. But, I was thinking we could spice them up a little bit with non-vanilla characteristics.

So here is what I got so far:

Archers:
    Certain classes give arrow characteristics
    Last class creates the homing bow, a special bow that fires arrows with homing proximity of 5 blocks

Mages:
    Possible fire bending skills
    Each class gives a new trait

Knights:
    Custom enchat use for their swords, armour, e.t.c - possibly enchanted by the high priest or some ****

Pirates:
    Fast movement under water possibly
    Infinite breath
    Possibly negate debuffs because they're PIRATES!

Note: I have plugins for the first 2 and Desteria can easily do the other 2.

Also I was thinking custom mobs would be a nice addition throughout the landscape:
    They could use mythic mobs to do that, a free mob editor. I also have some nice templates for mythic mobs too. I have a knight boss, a black hole mob which teleports people into the air when sucked, I have buffed mobs, e.t.c.

Lastly, we gotta fix the map. It sucks so much, no custom trees or land. I was thinking each realm should have a custom terrain. Caden would be a nice giant island (I have a nice map, 500 by 500 I think), besen a lava pool (I have a nice hell fire map with trees and ****) or something and auren would be a giant frost map (I have this one too).

*Guys if you have plugins or ideas to add and have the stuff already done, put it in this forum* We are showing that we can help desty too.

#1 prospartanator, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Ripshooters

Ripshooters Backpacker

Ratings:
    +102
    The pirate class used to give infinite breath.

3. Narwhalogy

Narwhalogy Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +360
    Narwhalogy
    too much dev work LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159
    I legit have all the plugins for the hard ****
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 15, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 15, 2019 ---
    Reply guys, we need the attention!

5. GuildArts

GuildArts Backpacker

Ratings:
    +65
    People like playing classic factions with minor changes. If you want something new find a new server or just play caden.
    Plus if you have the plugins already, go make a server yourself lmao.

6. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159
    Mmm, that's why Desteria is doing so well with double digit players. People like you stop change and ruin great server's like Desteria. What I am proposing includes slight changes to CADEN (doesn't have to be all realms). Let's see how it works on Caden and if people like it, they should add it to the others.

7. GuildArts

GuildArts Backpacker

Ratings:
    +65
    Go make your own server please, see if you can even break single digits.

8. Adoze

Adoze Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    You act like you know tons of stuff about making servers and backend, but you have legit no idea. You think that $100 can create a server better than desteria, you wont even pay for half the hosting. You are honestly just annoying me. Desteria is A) Not going to use your plugins or maps B) iLemon is not poor, he can afford to create any custom plugin. And If i were to ever create a server again, I'd be creating every single plugin myself. Since you do not have an understanding on this stuff, let me help ya out a bit. See when you pay for a $5 off mc-market or spigot, or pick up a free one. You are limited to what you can do with it unless it is open src ( source ) And if there is a bug with the plugin itself, you must wait for that author to update the plugin. This is WHY desteria codes their own plugins, the development here is some of the best I've seen on any server and its what helps make the server unique. There are tons more options for desteria to expand to with creating their own plugins. And you clearly are not understanding much about advertising / the factions community, So let me explain it to you. There is a very small amount of people that like custom enchants, like come on ever since Zelus was released, which was their first custom enchant server, nobody played! I've even heard cosmic, the leading custom enchants server, is dying. People are interested in F-Top prizes, competition, and MAYBE a youtuber playing ( You cannot create a server like vanity and have f1nn5ter a content creator ya kno?). Desteria likely won't do this though, and thats fine. I'm going to be 100% honest, desteria will not be roping in many more players. The people that will continue to play are the people that played previously Unless they expand to make a competitive realm. Judging by how printer is globally banned, I do not see this happening. This thread does not need attention because its just dumb.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159

Look *******, people like you never want change. Again, you are the REASON WHY Desteria has 80 players. You and your stupid ideas, or lack thereof, will never ever fix this server. You need to make a change bud, or **** will go down. I am making suggestions because I like most of the community, excluding your stupid ass. I have hosted small servers before and the plugins I do promote are allowed to be edited and are nearly bug free. You're a lunatic for not wanting change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adoze

Adoze Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    I do want change, I have said so millions of times. The thing is that I know the RIGHT way on how to make change, you do not. It does not matter because management nor will Lemon listen to you. Also, I've created a well put together a server that succeeded, I am not a lunatic or stupid. I know how this community works unlike you do.
    Also nobody is siding w you, you sound like an idiot.

11. Ripshooters

Ripshooters Backpacker

Ratings:
    +102
    I agree with adoze here. Change isn't about just shoving as much **** down our throat as possible, free plguins have their positives and negatives. Desteria has really nice plugins compared to other faction servers. The player base is low because all the good updates came really late, Ambushment did nothing to help grow the server, Eraze couldn't do anything, iLemon is giving the dev team control and Omega control to things where the other owners didn't. It looks like **** to us but you gotta admire the work that goes into these, despite the playerbase, money or anything. If they want Desteria to really grow it will start to become big when they advertise and get their crap together.

• Like Like x 1
  12. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159

What's you suggestion then? I am waiting for it... I at least gave a unique reference point to the situation. All anyone wants to do is throw in custom enchants. We need a non-vanilla solution and mine works partially because they actually give a cool perk to each class, hell, it's what I wanted for YEARS.

13. GuildArts

GuildArts Backpacker

Ratings:
    +65
    What situation? 80% of what you suggested is custom enchants lol.

14. OhLights

OhLights Nobility

Ratings:
    +751
    roadwork
    kaybord warrior gang^

• Like Like x 1
  15. Volcarona

Volcarona Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,024
    If you want custom enchants go to lemoncloud nerd

16. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159
    Not exactly, only the knights armour.

17. Y4K

Y4K Backpacker

Ratings:
    +59
    Add more rrs kthx.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PandaDaKill

PandaDaKill Crusader

Ratings:
    +361
    PandaDaKill
    LOL ALL THESE ‘PLUGINS’ HE HAS ARE ONES HE TOOK FROM MY SERVER BEFORE WE FIRED HIM OMG LOOLLLLL

• Like Like x 1
  19. prospartanator

prospartanator Explorer

Ratings:
    +159
    One I made half the plugins and fixed most of them. Two you don't know anything about how to code and they were never yours. You never fired me, hell I quit before you could do anything. It's sad to see you think it's yours even though I was never paid for my work and you never laid a finger on the real work.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 16, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 16, 2019 ---
    When you deleted my plugins, your server became a pile of crap. It's amazing to see how bad it is!

20. CowAF

CowAF Explorer

Ratings:
    +103
    CowAF
    prosp omega doesnt want your files

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.