Mining while being raided

Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: NegativeSoleman
  • Realm or Service: Auren
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    Mining while being raided
  • Description:
    When and only when a faction is being raided you should not be allowed to mine spawners until the opposing faction stops shooting for 10 minutes or more.
  • What would your suggestion improve?:
    It would improve both the economy and it would eliminate a lot of hidden value spread throughout the server.
  • Image/Video (Link):

DunnDogYT

Citizen
If this is added (I believe it should be), mining should include any form of intentionally destroying or removing your faction's spawners. (It should include using tnt, grenades, semtex, mining, trench coring, etc.)

LewisYoYoYo

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Content Team
Hello Negative! Thank you for making this suggestion as it is currently something we are looking into.

Just a few things to consider -

What forms of proof will we accept to punish users that break this rule (recordings, chat logs, or just allegations that officer+ need to investigate with Core protect

Will the 10 minutes mean you can mine and hide your value or will you have to replace it?

Does this effect people mining before grace ends (if someone is set up on you)

What Punishment will we give for rule breakers

Thanks
-Lewis

DunnDogYT

Citizen
Hello Negative! Thank you for making this suggestion as it is currently something we are looking into.

Just a few things to consider -

What forms of proof will we accept to punish users that break this rule (recordings, chat logs, or just allegations that officer+ need to investigate with Core protect

Will the 10 minutes mean you can mine and hide your value or will you have to replace it?

Does this effect people mining before grace ends (if someone is set up on you)

What Punishment will we give for rule breakers

Thanks
-Lewis
Since mining spawners effects ftop value and therefore ftop payouts, I think this is something that would require proof of when a raid took place and an officer's investigation using coreprotect

I think after the 10 minutes of no shots indicating a raid is over, players should be able to mine their spawners.

It should not effect people mining before a raid because there is no way to prove if the faction setting up actually intended to perform a raid as they have not shot yet. (An extension to the rule could be added requiring a waiting period to mine your spawners after grace period or your faction shield ends)

In my opinion, I believe the punishment should be the removal of all of the spawners mined and 1-2 warning points. This should be the case because mining your spawners is an indication of surrendering and losing the raid. While it can not be said if the raiding faction would have ever breached the core and obtained the spawners, the faction that mined has accepted defeat and a defeat in a raid means you lose your spawners. This may seem harsh, but just a warning point wouldn't cut it since factions would mine their spawners anyway as any faction would rather lose some of their value for the rest of the wipe instead of all their spawners to obtain value at all.

1Maniac

Citizen
I agree with this, a faction shoudln’t be allowed to take down their spawners while they’re getting raided, only exception is that if they’re taking down their spawners before the first shot is fired. Also, I say that when cannon is destroyed that spawners can be destroyed, not 10 minutes.

LewisYoYoYo

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Content Team
Pros

Makes raiding more likely to be a success.
Makes it harder to just hide all map.
Core Protect can help identify when the first shot was fired.

Cons

You Can Still mine before grace ends.
Makes smaller factions lose more.
Creates more reports for officers+

Notes // Changes

Punishment will be the same as gen patching.

Proof to be accepted: Video Evidence of player mining

Get a "Active raids" plugin for staff - This shows the current active raids (would be for staff who cant play)

Moving this to under consideration.