Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Logic (LogicMIA) Demotion down to player suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCBeta

Trailblazer
I began watching this, and made it up until the point where you say, and I quote (directly):

"Logic... was a rather questionable person, back then. And he's gotten, he's actually no better than he was before. I think he's actually gotten worse."

This for me sets the pace of the entire video. I'm not going to watch 45 minutes of you slandering me without evidence, basis, or context. If you want to write something up for me I'd be happy to respond to it in detail just as I've done here: https://desteria.com/community/threads/james-demotion-logic-desteria.95111/#post-1206192. Otherwise, your opinion is your own, but that doesn't make it fact.
No I did point out evidence you DO NOT prioritize anything at all and your community knows this (What do I mean exactly by this?) You took serious bugs and stuff that was broken and just decided to put them all at the bottom of the list. As I sad in the video where are the stackable divine ranks? Where are the new bosses? where is the content that doesnt look like it was half ass'ed logic (What I mean by this is Outposts look like **** both from an aesthetic standpoint and from a physical it took you guys half the map just to release them to us and what we got is crap)? You failed to provide any suitable content to Desteria when it was in fact promised to us Logic. It took a whole map and we the community are still left waiting for the content that was promised to us.

You have caused problems with members of the community myself included and the comments above and ratings prove this. Not many people are happy with the way things are at all this community needs someone who listens. Not someone who calls people ignorant, entitled, or pessimistic.... As mentioned in the video for example I had found a dev for desteria someone who can finally help and what did you do? You spent 20 mins beating around the bush saying random **** in discord making it look like I was some kind of fool for having wasted my time to help your ass and Desteria so that you can keep your job. It took me getting a hold of Emmy so that I could finally have someone be a stand in representative for Desteria for the 30 seconds needed because you once again DID NOT PRIORITIZE, you failed to communicate with myself when it came to trying to set up a suitable time for an appointment because you just couldnt cooperate for the few mins needed for me to do so. And your reasoning behind this at the end of said 20 minutes? "Oh im writing an announcement thread and dealing with issues with the staff team."

Newsflash Logic Announcement threads could have waited for the 30 seconds. You chose to just be uncooperative as well as trying to shift the blame for the miscommunication as my fault. Also sort issues out with your staff team? No see you cause a fair portion of problems with individuals but once again you just seem oblivious or arrogant to that. You have former staff members even on this thread commenting their own words and their thoughts about you. No one is happy with your performance lately.

Also another thing that proves to me that you are in fact arrogant is what you just said here "Logic... was a rather questionable person, back then. And he's gotten, he's actually no better than he was before. I think he's actually gotten worse." So you stopped watching the video because you didnt want to here slandering remarks? K sure or is this because you once again dont want to be reminded or face the facts that you have not been a staff member who can handle being in charge of Content creation and implementation? You cant even handle talking to people in general without being this "toxic person" that you call some of us (Which fun fact we wouldnt be so toxic probably if you didnt give us a ****ing reason to be) and the proof for that for myself is during the time where you called me ignorant and said you thought I was someone who felt he was entitled to stuff. Still have yet to get an actual apology for that and prob never will much like I expected an apology from you for calling me a pessimist ad berating me like you have done so with others on the forums. So again if you could kindly pull your head out of your ass then maybe the community wouldnt be so abrasive towards you...

nobbletynoop

Explorer
Making a video so long really isn't going to do anything, if you want this to be taken seriously, then you need to write a well formulated article or script for a video that is backed by evidence AND can explain almost everything in less then 15 minutes. No one is going to take the time to watch 45 minutes of some dude rambling. If you're going to make a video trying to take down an admin who has been a staff member for several years you are going to need to actually try to make a script, and edit it to be as short as possible while still conveying the point. I doubt anyone is going to take the time to watch the full video, and I can't blame them because you didn't take the time to shorten the script and remove all of the unnecessary bits of dialogue that are jacking up the total time of the video to a whopping 45 minutes. All of Logic's threads and posts are short enough to be able to be read in a reasonable amount of time yet descriptive enough to allow me to understand his argument. You're video isn't going to change anyone's minds and this entire comment section is just going to be a bunch of people arguing (most of whom have probably not watched more then 10 minutes of your video).

Like can we just lock this? Most people aren't going to watch the video and the comment section is already incredibly toxic.

@xTNAx02 @Emmymerh can you lock this?

Breweyy

Trailblazer
Making a video so long really isn't going to do anything, if you want this to be taken seriously, then you need to write a well formulated article or script for a video that is backed by evidence AND can explain almost everything in less then 15 minutes. No one is going to take the time to watch 45 minutes of some dude rambling. If you're going to make a video trying to take down an admin who has been a staff member for several years you are going to need to actually try to make a script, and edit it to be as short as possible while still conveying the point. I doubt anyone is going to take the time to watch the full video, and I can't blame them because you didn't take the time to shorten the script and remove all of the unnecessary bits of dialogue that are jacking up the total time of the video to a whopping 45 minutes. All of Logic's threads and posts are short enough to be able to be read in a reasonable amount of time yet descriptive enough to allow me to understand his argument. You're video isn't going to change anyone's minds and this entire comment section is just going to be a bunch of people arguing (most of whom have probably not watched more then 10 minutes of your video).

Like can we just lock this? Most people aren't going to watch the video and the comment section is already incredibly toxic.

if its not your post, you can't ask them to lock it.... they need either a reason such as a the question being answered a meaningless context and or the owner of the thread submitting a lock :p

nobbletynoop

Explorer
if its not your post, you can't ask them to lock it.... they need either a reason such as a the question being answered a meaningless context and or the owner of the thread submitting a lock :p
Thanks, I haven't been on the forums in a while, you used to be able to request locks for posts that were starting to go off the deep end

MCBeta

Trailblazer

Fun fact you think that the community is being to toxic in the comments right now? No, incorrect this is gathering the views and opinions of everyone on the server because quite frankly **** needs to change. Logic has made several screw ups in terms of performance and he needs to know and see that the community is not happy with the way things are and have been on the server as well as to hear what exactly the community is unhappy with. He tells us that stuff only ever gets done when we post a bug report about it but again theres a good amount of people who never come onto the forums in general.

nobbletynoop

Explorer
Fun fact you think that the community is being to toxic in the comments right now? No, incorrect this is gathering the views and opinions of everyone on the server because quite frankly **** needs to change. Logic has made several screw ups in terms of performance and he needs to know and see that the community is not happy with the way things are and have been on the server as well as to hear what exactly the community is unhappy with. He tells us that stuff only ever gets done when we post a bug report about it but again theres a good amount of people who never come onto the forums in general.
You can't just blame everything wrong with the server on him, he can only do so much, and from what i've seen what he does is pretty good.

MCBeta

Trailblazer
You can't just blame everything wrong with the server on him, he can only do so much, and from what i've seen what he does is pretty good.
I can when he has done whatever he can to not communicate in order to make things better. Much like the instance with bringing Logic the company containing the potential new dev for desteria. He beat around the bush for 20+ minutes while I had to sit with a thankfully very patient person in a meeting room for 40 minutes and even after doing this he instead of prioritizing the meeting for a dev that could work with him to make Desteria better he chose to go off and make a forums announcement thread.

He does not listen to what the community wants even when they take the steps to make suggestive threads and like I said its been an entire map of besen and we still do not have the content that both managers promised we would have. So yes I can say that he is not doing his best to make Desteria better and I gave him the benefit of the doubt in the video because he might be dealing with some bs irl still thats causing him to be this way.
[doublepost=1534458258,1534458086][/doublepost]
Also its not just me that has problems with Logic like the other comments above stated that you refer to as them being toxic those are former staff members and community members.

nobbletynoop

Explorer
No I did point out evidence you DO NOT prioritize anything at all and your community knows this (What do I mean exactly by this?) You took serious bugs and stuff that was broken and just decided to put them all at the bottom of the list. As I sad in the video where are the stackable divine ranks? Where are the new bosses? where is the content that doesnt look like it was half ass'ed logic (What I mean by this is Outposts look like **** both from an aesthetic standpoint and from a physical it took you guys half the map just to release them to us and what we got is crap)? You failed to provide any suitable content to Desteria when it was in fact promised to us Logic. It took a whole map and we the community are still left waiting for the content that was promised to us.

You have caused problems with members of the community myself included and the comments above and ratings prove this. Not many people are happy with the way things are at all this community needs someone who listens. Not someone who calls people ignorant, entitled, or pessimistic.... As mentioned in the video for example I had found a dev for desteria someone who can finally help and what did you do? You spent 20 mins beating around the bush saying random **** in discord making it look like I was some kind of fool for having wasted my time to help your ass and Desteria so that you can keep your job. It took me getting a hold of Emmy so that I could finally have someone be a stand in representative for Desteria for the 30 seconds needed because you once again DID NOT PRIORITIZE, you failed to communicate with myself when it came to trying to set up a suitable time for an appointment because you just couldnt cooperate for the few mins needed for me to do so. And your reasoning behind this at the end of said 20 minutes? "Oh im writing an announcement thread and dealing with issues with the staff team."

Newsflash Logic Announcement threads could have waited for the 30 seconds. You chose to just be uncooperative as well as trying to shift the blame for the miscommunication as my fault. Also sort issues out with your staff team? No see you cause a fair portion of problems with individuals but once again you just seem oblivious or arrogant to that. You have former staff members even on this thread commenting their own words and their thoughts about you. No one is happy with your performance lately.

Also another thing that proves to me that you are in fact arrogant is what you just said here "Logic... was a rather questionable person, back then. And he's gotten, he's actually no better than he was before. I think he's actually gotten worse." So you stopped watching the video because you didnt want to here slandering remarks? K sure or is this because you once again dont want to be reminded or face the facts that you have not been a staff member who can handle being in charge of Content creation and implementation? You cant even handle talking to people in general without being this "toxic person" that you call some of us (Which fun fact we wouldnt be so toxic probably if you didnt give us a ****ing reason to be) and the proof for that for myself is during the time where you called me ignorant and said you thought I was someone who felt he was entitled to stuff. Still have yet to get an actual apology for that and prob never will much like I expected an apology from you for calling me a pessimist ad berating me like you have done so with others on the forums. So again if you could kindly pull your head out of your ass then maybe the community wouldnt be so abrasive towards you...

Ok, i'm not going to watch your video but this can actually be read in a reasonable amount of time, so i'm going to respond to this.

As I said earlier, not everything wrong with the server is Logic's fault, there are different members of the team focusing on different parts of the map, Logic should not be solely blamed for anything wrong with the Outposts, bugs, etc. If you're mad at how poorly something turned out you should be mad at the developers. If you're mad at how the admins are prioritizing their problems, then you shouldn't just be mad at Logic, you should be mad with atleast a few of the other admins, (which you don't appear to be.) Also we have no idea what position of the debate Logic took when these debates were happening, for all we know Logic actually agreed with your position when the team was discussing things but was outvoted.

If people are being ignorant, entitled, or pessimistic, then Logic should be allowed to call them out on it. Also the ratings don't really prove much, the community is in an extremely toxic state right now and nearly every staff member is seen as a villain. When a good portion of your remaining players are toxic and have been banned several times by admins, they tend to take any chance they can get to try and get said admins demoted. As for your discord thing, you can't just send a random man to an admin and have him become a developer, and even if you could he should have to apply himself. Your request to logic was very random and honestly not that important so it makes sense why he would ignore you. Developers need to submit an application and prove they are capable before they join the team, you can't just randomly ask a mod to make a random person a developer, that's not how things work. Also it may not even be in Logic's jurisdiction to hire developers, it may be something reserved for the owner only because developers get paid more money, and have a really big impact on the server for players who may not have even played. Also even if you did find a developer, how does that help Logic? It seems to me like you were trying to get your friend a job and now your making it seem like you were trying to help Logic.

You're insults and slander had no evidence to back them up. Saying "Logic was a rather questionable person, back then, and he's gotten. hes actually gotten no better then before" has no evidence backing it up. There's no proof that that he was a questionable person "back then" and there is no proof that he hasn't gotten any better over his time here on Desteria. You made a 45 minute script free video of you rambling into the mic throwing insults at the guy and trying to rile up the community. Why would anyone want to watch that? If you had taken the time to put your arguments into a well thought out document or script then he would read them and respond to them, as he has done before. But you didn't, you didn't put the time into making a good video, and it's obvious that you didn't so it shouldn't be watched. Having a long ass video doesn't make it good, it just means you didn't bother to take the time to shorten some of the unnecessary bits of dialogue that are honestly a bore to have to sit through. You could probably have easily said everything you said here in 20 minutes at the most if you took the time to clean up your script, but you didn't. You're honestly lucky he even had the patience to watch up to the part where you just started throwing insults at you, because most people would not have made it that far into your video. You didn't take the time to make a good video, it is so long that most of your arguments are probably very hard to understand. The fact that he took the time to even watch some of it only proves my belief that he is willing to take the time to listen to the community's criticism.

MCBeta

Trailblazer
Ok, i'm not going to watch your video but this can actually be read in a reasonable amount of time, so i'm going to respond to this.

As I said earlier, not everything wrong with the server is Logic's fault, there are different members of the team focusing on different parts of the map, Logic should not be solely blamed for anything wrong with the Outposts, bugs, etc. If you're mad at how poorly something turned out you should be mad at the developers. If you're mad at how the admins are prioritizing their problems, then you shouldn't just be mad at Logic, you should be mad with atleast a few of the other admins, (which you don't appear to be.) Also we have no idea what position of the debate Logic took when these debates were happening, for all we know Logic actually agreed with your position when the team was discussing things but was outvoted.

If people are being ignorant, entitled, or pessimistic, then Logic should be allowed to call them out on it. Also the ratings don't really prove much, the community is in an extremely toxic state right now and nearly every staff member is seen as a villain. When a good portion of your remaining players are toxic and have been banned several times by admins, they tend to take any chance they can get to try and get said admins demoted. As for your discord thing, you can't just send a random man to an admin and have him become a developer, and even if you could he should have to apply himself. Your request to logic was very random and honestly not that important so it makes sense why he would ignore you. Developers need to submit an application and prove they are capable before they join the team, you can't just randomly ask a mod to make a random person a developer, that's not how things work. Also it may not even be in Logic's jurisdiction to hire developers, it may be something reserved for the owner only because developers get paid more money, and have a really big impact on the server for players who may not have even played. Also even if you did find a developer, how does that help Logic? It seems to me like you were trying to get your friend a job and now your making it seem like you were trying to help Logic.

You're insults and slander had no evidence to back them up. Saying "Logic was a rather questionable person, back then, and he's gotten. hes actually gotten no better then before" has no evidence backing it up. There's no proof that that he was a questionable person "back then" and there is no proof that he hasn't gotten any better over his time here on Desteria. You made a 45 minute script free video of you rambling into the mic throwing insults at the guy and trying to rile up the community. Why would anyone want to watch that? If you had taken the time to put your arguments into a well thought out document or script then he would read them and respond to them, as he has done before. But you didn't, you didn't put the time into making a good video, and it's obvious that you didn't so it shouldn't be watched. Having a long ass video doesn't make it good, it just means you didn't bother to take the time to shorten some of the unnecessary bits of dialogue that are honestly a bore to have to sit through. You could probably have easily said everything you said here in 20 minutes at the most if you took the time to clean up your script, but you didn't. You're honestly lucky he even had the patience to watch up to the part where you just started throwing insults at you, because most people would not have made it that far into your video. You didn't take the time to make a good video, it is so long that most of your arguments are probably very hard to understand. The fact that he took the time to even watch some of it only proves my belief that he is willing to take the time to listen to the community's criticism.

Ok ALL of this is irrelevant I did mention in the video that one should not use underage children to do the dev work that an adult is supposed to do. And I able to blame logic because he is in charge of overseeing all of these things ANY AND ALL content created for Desteria has to go through Logic and Alex no one else. Also you cant make any comments about the video itself until you do watch it unless you dont think thats fair to do. the video was made to point out the shortcomings seen by Logic it was also done at 5-5:30 Am with 0 sleep so uhh yea friend its not going to be this top notch quality your for some reason expecting?

nobbletynoop

Explorer
Ok ALL of this is irrelevant I did mention in the video that one should not use underage children to do the dev work that an adult is supposed to do. And I able to blame logic because he is in charge of overseeing all of these things ANY AND ALL content created for Desteria has to go through Logic and Alex no one else. Also you cant make any comments about the video itself until you do watch it unless you dont think thats fair to do. the video was made to point out the shortcomings seen by Logic it was also done at 5-5:30 Am with 0 sleep so uhh yea friend its not going to be this top notch quality your for some reason expecting?
I'm not asking for top notch quality, i'm asking for the bare minimum, if you want to take down a staff member who has devoted hundreds if not thousands of hours of time to the server, you're going to need to do better then just thirty minutes of work. You didn't even write a script, and if you did then it was clearly not edited or shortened in any way. Also just because Logic is a manager doesn't make him responsible for everything that happens on the server. Omega is also a manager and iLemon is the owner, so they should each share a portion of your blame. It's also worth noting that Logic is the Community manager, he is responsible for managing things with the community, ie announcements, update threads etc. He isn't fully responsible for fixing bugs and prioritizing future updates. So he shouldn't be getting most of the blame (if any) for anything that happens on those parts of the server.

Logic's primary job is focusing on the community, anything he does that isn't related to the community is him going above and beyond.

MCBeta

Trailblazer
I'm not asking for top notch quality, i'm asking for the bare minimum, if you want to take down a staff member who has devoted hundreds if not thousands of hours of time to the server, you're going to need to do better then just thirty minutes of work. You didn't even write a script, and if you did then it was clearly not edited or shortened in any way. Also just because Logic is a manager doesn't make him responsible for everything that happens on the server. Omega is also a manager and iLemon is the owner, so they should each share a portion of your blame. It's also worth noting that Logic is the Community manager, he is responsible for managing things with the community, ie announcements, update threads etc. He isn't fully responsible for fixing bugs and prioritizing future updates. So he shouldn't be getting most of the blame (if any) for anything that happens on those parts of the server.

Logic's primary job is focusing on the community, anything he does that isn't related to the community is him going above and beyond.
a staff member who has devoted hundreds if not thousands of hours of time to the server, you're going to need to do better then just thirty minutes of work.

Ok as one of the community members pointed out he spent multiple hours alone trying to build a cannon. He also as I said once again has yet to produce the changes and content that was desired to begin with changelogs although they look impressive to the random eye they show that he has failed to bring forth what he promised to be able to put out as in false advertisement....

You didn't even write a script, and if you did then it was clearly not edited or shortened in any way. Also just because Logic is a manager doesn't make him responsible for everything that happens on the server.

Two things wrong here A. Again im not a editor nor do I have one and like I said the video was made at 5am with no sleep during a 36 hour span.... B. You just contradicted yourself. As a community manager who controls and has the say on if the content is ready to be released to the public server or not then yes it is his responsibility to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible once again this is something I quoted in the video stuff like being able to abuse vote fly inside of the outposts we had the same problem occur before with /parkour and vote fly stuff that has happened once before was not checked by logic which shows he half assed the content that was released. And again as far as the devs go well that all could have been prevented if Logic would have been open and less abrasive when he had someone like myself come forth and try to provide good help.

Omega is also a manager and iLemon is the owner, so they should each share a portion of your blame.

Ok again as pointed out in the video Omega is a manager but he is not in charge of over seeing content created Omega handles other things such as support tickets and purchase help he is strictly customer service alone that is it. And I did point out in the video as well and to members of importance in the community that Alex is also to blame.

He isn't fully responsible for fixing bugs and prioritizing future updates. So he shouldn't be getting most of the blame (if any) for anything that happens on those parts of the server.

Again when Logic is in charge of seeing and giving the word on if content and updates are to be released to the public realm then he is also supposed to make sure common errors and hiccups that have happened before wont be able to happen with this release thats common sense to do. Also once again as mentioned if he was not abrasive and had actually began working and cooperating then we would have not only a fully capable dev team for Desteria and good content that would make Desteria stand out but a happier less toxic community.

Msrules123

Backpacker
After, quite frankly, wasting my time watching the first fifteen minutes of your video and quickly scanning through the rest, it really doesn't seem like you understand what you're talking about, even though @Logic tried to tell you multiple times.

The only person responsible for hiring developers is Lemon. Anyone who is not Lemon, other than us developers, would be aware of the specific requirements that Lemon is looking for in a developer, nor would they know the starting pay we were offered. Logic told you that he did not know that information, and that Lemon would know the information that developer want to know. He also tried to get your developer to send him a resume (which anyone applying for a job should already have made) to forward to Lemon. That resume would've been given to Lemon, who would then assess their application and potentially respond with the offer of the job, with a listed wage. Unfortunately, you didn't seem to get that in the video. Since development positions are still jobs and thus require job applications, they should've been prepared with a resume before hand. If they weren't prepared, then it still takes under 15 minutes of someone's time to fill a page with relevant information about yourself. With that information, he was very clearly willing to at least give the developer a shot at being hired.

Let's consider that Logic did happen to know the information that the developer wanted to know, but was too busy to join the call. Whether or not Logic actually joined the call would hold almost no difference over whether or not the developer would be hired, since Logic isn't involved with the hiring process. The developer would most likely be looking for additional information about the position, that only a developer or Lemon would know. Since Logic would not know that information, there would be a need for someone else in the call who already knows both the basic and advanced roles of the job. After the leaving the call, the developer would still need to be screened for certain criteria by Lemon and then possibly offered the position, which would most likely come back to the resume that Logic asked for originally. From any perspective, the only use that Logic could have would be an assurance that a development position was open, and that they were looking to hire this specific developer in particular, although neither of those promises are Logic's to make.

I'd recommend that you try to calm your emotions before going on a 46 minute rampage where your entire argument could've fit inside a three minute video. Your argument is almost purely emotional and has no rational backing, because you seem to take your own emotions about Logic into account when reading his messages. This causes you to read intentions that aren't there and literally waste 30 minutes of your video rambling towards someone for something that they have no influence over.

As for the development process:
  • Idea is created for a developer to produce
  • Developer produces that idea and tests to make sure the idea works exactly as provided to them
  • Development production is checked by players (normally staff members) for content balances/additional bugs
Unfortunately, not all things are issues are predicted in the original idea or checked and found in the later checking by staff members. This doesn't ever fall on one person, but a combination of the layers of development. Developers can technically see issues in advance, although some obscure references (knockback enchantments in Outposts [which could be intentionally allowed, or not allowed]), can't be seen ahead of time when they aren't aware of a build. The other two layers of development directly control the content that's added in the end result. No single person can reasonably be held responsible for issues like that.

Last edited:

MCBeta

Trailblazer
After, quite frankly, wasting my time watching the first fifteen minutes of your video and quickly scanning through the rest, it really doesn't seem like you understand what you're talking about, even though @Logic tried to tell you multiple times.

The only person responsible for hiring developers is Lemon. Anyone who is not Logic, other than us developers, would be aware of the specific requirements that Lemon is looking for in a developer, nor would they know the starting pay we were offered. Logic told you that he did not know that information, and that Lemon would know the information that developer want to know. He also tried to get your developer to send him a resume (which anyone applying for a job should already have made) to forward to Lemon. That resume would've been given to Lemon, who would then assess their application and potentially respond with the offer of the job, with a listed wage. Unfortunately, you didn't seem to get that in the video. Since development position are still jobs and thus requires a job application, and they should've been prepared with a resume before hand. If they weren't prepared, then it still takes under 15 minutes of someone's time to fill a page with relevant information to yourself. With that information, he was very clearly willing to at least give the developer a shot at being hired.

Let's consider that Logic did happen to know the information that the developer wanted to know, but was too busy to join the call. Whether or not Logic actually joined the call would hold almost no difference over whether or not the developer would be hired, since Logic isn't involved with the hiring process. The developer would most likely be looking for additional information about the position, that only a developer or Lemon would know. Since Logic would not know that information, there would be a need for someone else in the call who already knows both the basic and advanced roles of the job. After the leaving the call, the developer would still need to be screened for certain criteria by Lemon and then possibly offered the position, which would most likely come back to the resume that Logic asked for originally. From any perspective, the only use that Logic could have would be an assurance that a development position was open, and that they were looking to hire this specific developer in particular, although neither of those promises are Logic's to make.

I'd recommend that you try to calm your emotions before going on a 46 minute rampage where your entire argument could've fit inside a three minute video. Your argument is almost purely emotional and has no rational backing, because you seem to take your own emotions about Logic into account when reading his messages. This causes you to read intentions that aren't there and literally waste 30 minutes of your video rambling towards someone for something that they have no influence over.

• Developer produces that idea and tests to make sure the idea works exactly as provided to them
  • Development production is checked by players (normally staff members) for content balances/additional bugs
Unfortunately, not all things are issues are predicted in the original idea or checked and found in the later checking by staff members. This doesn't ever fall on one person, but a combination of the layers of development. Developers can technically see issues in advance, although some obscure references (knockback enchantments in Outposts [which could be intentionally allowed, or not allowed]), can't be seen ahead of time when they aren't aware of a build. The other two layers of development directly control the content that's added in the end result. No single person can reasonably be held responsible for issues like that.
The only person responsible for hiring developers is Lemon. Anyone who is not Logic, other than us developers, would be aware of the specific requirements that Lemon is looking for in a developer, nor would they know the starting pay we were offered. Logic told you that he did not know that information, and that Lemon would know the information that developer want to know. He also tried to get your developer to send him a resume (which anyone applying for a job should already have made) to forward to Lemon. That resume would've been given to Lemon, who would then assess their application and potentially respond with the offer of the job, with a listed wage. Unfortunately, you didn't seem to get that in the video.

Ok first off as pointed out in the video I mentioned and pointed out the times where I told Logic that the person I was speaking to at the time was a Hiring consultant and nothing more. He can not give me a resume that he doesnt have and I tried telling logic this several times. And yes again in the video I even pointed out the message and said that the Hiring consultant only needed 30 seconds of time to get the contact information exchanged between them so that information such as the resume and all other matters could be discussed between them through email which Logic could not even be bothered to do that because he "didnt have time" Hence why Emmy was asked to come be the stand in representative for Desteria so that all of this could take place and information could be passed along.

Let's consider that Logic did happen to know the information that the developer wanted to know, but was too busy to join the call. Whether or not Logic actually joined the call would hold almost no difference over whether or not the developer would be hired, since Logic isn't involved with the hiring process. The developer would most likely be looking for additional information about the position, that only a developer or Lemon would know.

This was pointed out in the discord chat the only thing that the hiring consultant wanted to question was what the work space would be like for this potential dev and brief ideas as to what the kinds of people are that this dev would be working with thats it. Yes Alex is in charge of hiring the dev but again the Hiring consultant wanted to simply exchange contact information so things could be discussed another time nothing else Logic is not involved in the hiring process but he is the one who said he had no qualms about me finding a dev/ company to talk to and to send their information over and potentially be hired yet after saying this Logic did not try to make time to communicate so that we could set up a proper appointment and time where all parties were not busy and they could all attend with no intrusions.

Since Logic would not know that information, there would be a need for someone else in the call who already knows both the basic and advanced roles of the job. After the leaving the call, the developer would still need to be screened for certain criteria by Lemon and then possibly offered the position, which would most likely come back to the resume that Logic asked for originally.

As pointed out several times. This was a hiring consultant who was only looking to exchange contact information so that they could in fact discuss these things privately which I told Logic this in discord. The fact that he couldnt let omega handle the nosmoke members causing problems at the time in discord and take the small amount of time and talk with the person I found shows me he was not willing to cooperate. He also as I mentioned pointed out that he thinks Alex would not want to just doll out the information to myself and that I am not privileged to said information which is fine by me however that being said Logic for some reason sat there asking me to get a copy of said information I was not privileged to and to send it through DM to him basically contradicting himself.

Two things are wrong here. A. When you have multiple errors and hiccups occur once then you should in fact make a note of that and see that it doesnt happen again stuff that has happened already before that caused content to be bugged such as the error with votefly in /parkour or the setting of homes inside the outpost that is stuff that has happened before with other content being released. The fact that these things were not taken into consideration while being developed shows that there is no organization and that things were sloppy. B. The second to last sentence there well again if time was spent creating communication with the staff team in general as well as having organization and recording stuff that has happened before then things wouldnt be so poorly made and added. No single person can be held responsible but if said one person is not willing to try cooperating with someone who is trying to help them then yes that one person can be held accountable because they are directly preventing things from getting done properly.

D

Deleted member 39597

I began watching this, and made it up until the point where you say, and I quote (directly):

"Logic... was a rather questionable person, back then. And he's gotten, he's actually no better than he was before. I think he's actually gotten worse."

This for me sets the pace of the entire video. I'm not going to watch 45 minutes of you slandering me without evidence, basis, or context. If you want to write something up for me I'd be happy to respond to it in detail just as I've done here: https://desteria.com/community/threads/james-demotion-logic-desteria.95111/#post-1206192. Otherwise, your opinion is your own, but that doesn't make it fact.
And again, Logic draws the victim card, how does Logic want to proceed... Logic evades.. Logic becomes tired.. Logic is lazy and tired... Logic twists words and runs.

Hurry up and get demoted so the community can have a manager worth while.

nobbletynoop

Explorer
And again, Logic draws the victim card, how does Logic want to proceed... Logic evades.. Logic becomes tired.. Logic is lazy and tired... Logic twists words and runs.

Hurry up and get demoted so the community can have a manager worth while.
"and again"

How would you know about any "again" when this is your only message and you just joined the forums today, I spot an alt.

D

Deleted member 39597

Logic made a decision that screwed Colossus on Auren realm (Let an inside slide for a friend), then he made a rule against his decision the next day pretending like what he did was okay. He made up a rule that already existed, just manipulated the community into thinking it was alright. "Logic's Rules or no rules"

Emperio

Previously Emperio
Logic made a decision that screwed Colossus on Auren realm (Let an inside slide for a friend), then he made a rule against his decision the next day pretending like what he did was okay. He made up a rule that already existed, just manipulated the community into thinking it was alright. "Logic's Rules or no rules"
nIcE aLt mAtE

Hoaver

Peasant
Gq cf

Stop hiding from the truth. Come out of the closet

Status
Not open for further replies.