JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Let's talk about: Self Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

General Manager
Staff member
Manager

It's been awhile since I've posted one of these, but it's been on my mind all day and I've had a few conversations recently specifically relating to this topic, so I decided to make this post and hopefully it can help some poeple out.

So as usual, we'll start with the raw definition and keep going from there.

Main Definition:

Self Respect:

- proper esteem or regard for the dignity of one's character.

Additional Definitions:

Proper:
- belonging or pertaining exclusively or distinctly to a person, thing, or group.

Esteem:
- favorable opinion or judgment; respect or regard:

Regard:
- to look upon or think of with a particular feeling:

Dignity:
- bearing, conduct, or speech indicative of self-respect or appreciation of the formality or gravity of an occasion or situation.

Character:
- the aggregate of features and traits that form the individual nature of some person or thing.
- reputation;

So now that we have a baseline for what self respect actually is, allow me to indulge you in my own thoughts, personal experiences, and opinions on self respect.

To me, self respect came naturally. I was always confident in my abilities, and if I wasn't, I learned quickly so I could become confident in what I could do. That, coupled with the fact that I knew my weaknesses and didn't just try to be the best at everything, I accepted it as it came and learned from everything around me.

I realize a lot of people struggle with their own value, and the fact that people may be putting you down on a daily basis, making fun of you, or overall just making you feel utterly useless - I've been there before. I went through a stage in my life where I felt like nothing I did was ever good enough. I would never amount to anything, and everything that people said, I took it personally. It was like they were attacking my character, my entire being.

Let me tell you the truth, for all those who may struggle with this area. Words are hurtful, but they can also be uplifting. Let me be the first to tell you that people will hate you no matter what you do - because that's what they need to do in order to make themselves feel better -that is theire motivation to keep their own self worth on top of yours. However, I urge you to ignore these fools of the tongue - because how can you judge someone or something if you know nothing about it? It may be difficult for some people, but I want you to try looking at all of this from a different perspective....my perspective. They don't know you - they can't see inside your head, and they don't know what you're going through in your life. If they want to go around spitting lies and vile poetry at you, then let them. Someone who knows nothing cannot possibly argue with knowledge, so let them throw their tantrums - you know who you are and you know what you're going through, and you're surviving through it. That alone can be commendable. Living can be hard, but it is so worth it when you can look around and see the group of people who gather around you because they know who you are - the good, bad, and ugly parts of you, and they still willingly come to see you and talk to you. It doesn't matter how big or small the group is.

What truly matters is the opinions of those who have chosen to be around you because of who you are. They are the ones who will speak to you honestly and tell you what they think no matter what. They'll tell you when you've screwed up or when you're doing a great job. They are the ones you should be turning to when you want an honest opinion.

Let this be an eye opening experience and an encouragement to everyone out there - you matter to someone, and most of the time, you matter to more people than you give yourself credit for.

If you ever feel down, by all means....bother me and let me know - or you can post here on the Admiration Station and I'll do my best to make you smile and brighten your day up, even if it's just for a little bit.

It's those memories with the people you care about that are important to hold onto. Take it from someone who has gone through that and been where you've been before. Yea, it sucks, but it can get better - you just have to focus on the things that make you smile.

Anyways, hope this helps you out if you're in this situation, or perhaps made you see self respect in a different light or from a new perspective. Feel free to leave your opinions below and always remain respectful and logical in your arguments.

Hanna

Overlord
Took him a solid 2 seconds after my posting this to read the entire thing and make a decision.

This is the definition of high self worth right here folks. We should all strive to be as confident as this person right here.
I mean it is a minecraft forums, responses like that should be expected lol

Marcus

Crusader
Took him a solid 2 seconds after my posting this to read the entire thing and make a decision.

This is the definition of high self worth right here folks. We should all strive to be as confident as this person right here.
funny!!

Scuff

Forest Guardian
no. do not be that kid thats like

*swirls champaigne*

"You are wrong! It's more than just a minecraft forums!"
Butbut... Desteria is wonderful!!! Come on Hanna... You need to be part of this wonderful adventure called Desteria :D I'll even help you get in the mood:

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship
Zooming through the sky, Little Einsteins

Climb aboard, get ready to explore
There's so much to find, Little Einsteins

We're going on a mission, start the countdown 5, 4, 3,2,1
Everyone to rocket, rev it up now RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship
Zooming through the sky, Little Einsteins

Climb aboard, get ready to explore
There's so much to find, Little Einsteins

Come on, let's go, Little Einsteins
We need you, Little Einsteins

Join our Overlord's Awakening Update with @Robert and @Anthony :D
You can monitor hub 6 together since riots often happen there :)

milkweeds

Ambassador
no. do not be that kid thats all like

*swirls champaigne*

"You are wrong! It's more than just a minecraft forums!"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

you're amazing ty for being alive.

"It is real life!!!!!!!!11111 this is not just a block game!111111!"

Status
Not open for further replies.