JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Lets talk about insiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
Recently there has been a lot of discussion regarding insiding and whether or not it should be bannable. There are two feasible options for how we can deal with this problem. Insiding is a problem that affects the longevity of a map and demonstrates no skill at competing as you only need to be good at manipulation.

What we can possibly do:
  • Add a rule to deter people from insiding, the punishment being a permanent ban
  • Block placement tracking will allow staff to investigate insiding cases - however, the timeframe for this may be lengthy as only a select few from the staff team will have access to this data
What we cannot do:
  • Rollback bases or inventories after a faction has been insided.
  • The reason for this is because if a player insides a faction and steals their spawners, then sells these spawners to various players around a realm. When we rollback the base, we will simply be duplicating the spawners.
No poll is created as I would like to start an open discussion.

Adoze

Explorer
If someone gets insided have a whole map rollback, also IP ban the player. It may be annoying to other users, but it may also deter them from insiding. Also If you can develop something where you can see a history of who owned the Spawner, you can take them away from the faction that purchased them, then refund them. It is possible, but we might need some assistance from developers. but yes PLEASE ban insiding.

Navi

Forest Guardian
I still think preventing insiding from happening is easier if the person recruiting/inviting others is just smarter in general about their decision making skills. Then again, I don't inside so it's not like I'll be affected by this, it just seems a little unnecessary I guess?

Edit: https://desteria.com/community/threads/lets-talk-about-insiding.92399/page-2#post-1181007
I made a second comment about this for explanation so idk if anyone who's rating this would wanna check that out too since this is kind of a really generic response.

Last edited:

Adoze

Explorer
I still think preventing insiding from happening is easier if the person recruiting/inviting others is just smarter in general about their decision making skills. Then again, I don't inside so it's not like I'll be affected by this, it just seems a little unnecessary I guess?
Desteria right now needs a bigger player base, let’s look at extremely successful servers such as Ostia, oki etc. they all have insiding bannable, and a rollback to that faction. We need bigger factions for more competition, ANYONE can inside. It takes no skill and makes for a less competitive community.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
If someone gets insided have a whole map rollback, also IP ban the player. It may be annoying to other users, but it may also deter them from insiding. Also If you can develop something where you can see a history of who owned the Spawner, you can take them away from the faction that purchased them, then refund them. It is possible, but we might need some assistance from developers. but yes PLEASE ban insiding.
Rolling back an entire realm isn't going to be widely appreciated. Tracking and handling inventories like that would also be very finicky so I have to firmly say no to that option.

It's also down to the faction leaders to be mindful. So as always be careful who you trust. The problem stands with the fact that it's not difficult for a player to manipulate their way into a large faction and ruin them. They're not playing the game or competing properly.

pimblokto

Peasant
wtf no why should the whole server suffer because of one faction getting insided not worth it

Rain

Nobility
add the rule, but instead of rolling back a server. What you could do is rollback the person who took the IG’s in the first place, then if said player spread the IG’s outward, it wouldn’t be an issue as they would be rewinds (except if they were placed)

and this has been possible aswell, just takes a little getting used to for the RO plugin

tyscreeper

Helper
Staff member
Helper
although I disagree with rolling back the whole realm for one faction getting insided I am definitely for the banning option. It's a great idea +1

Warmish

Overlord
Don't add the 2nd one, staff are literally abusing already with /v, something op like that would ruin the server, I say add more enchanted /f perms so we can limit players off spawners, and chests, so maybe players can't just break blocks ontop of chests but not spawners or blocks around the base, Idek, but the 2nd option is a really bad idea.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
steals their spawners then sell these servers ??? lol fix this grammar mistake
Nice catch ;)

Don't add the 2nd one, staff are literally abusing already with /v, something op like that would ruin the server, I say add more enchanted /f perms so we can limit players off spawners, and chests, so maybe players can't just break blocks ontop of chests but not spawners or blocks around the base, Idek, but the 2nd option is a really bad idea.
A more advanced faction permission system is definitely something we are looking to release.

Adoze

Explorer
How about just a Spawner rollback. Say if someone gets insided any Spawner that was purchased or placed during that time would be sent back to where it origianally was before the insiding took place. The player would get refunded money too. Also a rollback of just the base itself would be nice such as chest items or any placed blocks can be rolled back. Also logs should be checked too, they aren’t always reliable but they will help. The best option is to have a realm roll back. You should make an official poll for that to see if the community would actually want it. We can’t make predictions of if it will or won’t be appreciated if we didn’t even ask the community yet. That poll will be appreciated.

Warmish

Overlord
Nice catch ;)

A more advanced faction permission system is definitely something we are looking to release.
I'd look into staff abusing /v before you add that second idea, the concept of players getting perm banned is a good strategy if it's enforced. However stronger f perms would really do it.

tyscreeper

Helper
Staff member
Helper
I think this can be fixed by giving manager+ the perms instead of every staff :p

Status
Not open for further replies.