Introduction - ThatAce

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ThatAce, Jan 5, 2019.

1. ThatAce

ThatAce Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Just a quick summary of who I am and why I'm returning:
    My IGN is ThatAce and I was a member of Desteria from 2.0 till 10.0.(Quit MC for 2 years) I'm 17, turning 18 in 2 months, and I play Overwatch more than Minecraft atm. I love studying maths because it's fun lol. I was never good at PvP but I would consider myself above average back when I played but right now, i'm complete boooooty at it. Before I left Minecraft, I was a staff member on this server so most of you might know me, not sure though. The reason why i'm returning is because I somehow heard that Desteria was completely changing and I want to give it a try - probably like 1 hour a day only though. Cya next map.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Kay

Kay Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +348
    ohKayla
    Welcome back to Desteria! It's nice seeing old players return to the server.

I also play Overwatch, but strictly competitive only. I'm a flex support / off tank but my best heroes are Mercy and D.Va. Still borderline plat though ;;

3. Mystah

Mystah Crusader

Ratings:
    +572
    ...quite stereotypical :crying:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 5, 2019 ---
    considering we will likely have to wait 1 more month before plus hope you're willing to wait, otherwise welcome back.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Lucy

Lucy Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit Event Team

Ratings:
    +3,251
    FanfuViish
    Welcome back Ace!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ThatAce

ThatAce Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,218
    I just got the game and i'm low gold, I can play any character but I'm not that good at doomfist and i don't like playing torb. Wanna play someday?

6. Kay

Kay Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    ohKayla
    I mean, they are my best heroes. I lost my skills at Ana and other heroes after not playing them for a while.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 5, 2019, Original Post Date: Jan 5, 2019 ---
    Possibly, I have an unplaced high-silver account if you don't mind the difference in SR.

7. ThatAce

ThatAce Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Can't play with u b/c ur ping will be too high

8. N3ther

N3ther Previously TheNeterReactor

Ratings:
    +158
    hey ace welcome back!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,078
    what rank again? diamond right

edit nvm i didnt read i thought you said u were in diamond before for some reason

10. Kay

Kay Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    ohKayla
    Yeah, I was diamond peak then flopped to high silver. Pretty depressing tbh

11. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,078
    unfortunate, do people run goats in your games? bc mercy’s really weak rn because of goats in general, for soloq i honestly recommend not playing mercy right now especially in that rank. Dva is really good now tho, although will be slightly weaker when the current ptr patch goes live

12. ThatAce

ThatAce Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Mcree's OP af atm. His fan the hammer got buffed so he can basically replace reaper for anti tank.

13. Kay

Kay Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    ohKayla
    On my main account, I'm plat and mainly playing Mercy, D.Va, Moira, and Ana. I haven't played a game this season yet where people did GOATS. I typically play Mercy with a bit of battle Mercy, her ult is quick to get and good for healing and killing at the same time while in a team fight.

14. Mystah

Mystah Crusader

Ratings:
    +572
    Theres a reason the old #1 mercy is in masters mercy is ass

15. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,078
    the old #1 mercy was good at hiding for rez :^) haha but im assuming you’re talking about eeveea, he’s so washed its unbelievable
    mercy’s aight but honestly practice ana or something, she’s really good rn and has arguably more healing potential than mercy if you play her right
    OP? Not really. He’s good and can kill tanks easily but only if they’re mispositioned. And when ptr goes live, reaper will be a way better tank killer than anybody else in the game

#15 Nate, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  16. Onliest

Onliest Explorer

Ratings:
    +184
    Good to see you back vro, have fun in desteria plus!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Kay

Kay Moderator

Ratings:
    +348
    ohKayla
    Yeah been getting back into her. Played last night as only ana and was getting back into the groove. Used to be really good at her though, yikes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. ThatAce

ThatAce Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,218
    Won a 1v1 duel as ana with a GM lol

19. Louis

Louis Overlord

Ratings:
    +3,840
    I sort of disagree, reaper is only getting a buff to life steal from 30% to 50% nano + fan the hammer will shred shields and tanks with that being said mccree is the best dps to pick for hitscan + shield breaking atm at least in my SR range (4100+) but when I play on my smurfs that's a different story

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,078
    monkaS lol, 50% life steal buff is actually ridiculous. you also have to remember the armor nerfs (doesnt apply much to reaper anyways) but regardless. his max damage is like 144 to the body, that’s 72 health back. saw a clip of someone getting like 1k health back with an ult lol. yeah, mccree is the best for doing both (ashe is a somewhat good option for this as well but not as good as mccree). As of now yeah mccree’s the best for this but I’m talking post patch, where I’m confident that reaper will be better for killing tanks. Not shields, which is why arguably mccree is better because he does both but reaper will also be viable.

Besides, the main problem with having reaper over mccree right now is that most games are goats. objectively you’d think reaper would be good against 3 tanks but there’s so much punish potential with goats that it’s hard to get in to the tank line and burst one down. Imo with this PTR patch they’re clearly trying to nerf goats and along with the punish goes down so it’ll most likely be easier for reaper to do these things but who knows.

I definitely agree with you saying mccree is the best for breaking shields and killing tanks right now, but in the future I’m not sure of that still being the case but it’s too soon to tell. Though I do disagree when you say it’s “only” going up 20% as that is a VERY large number

This post’s sort of unorganized, sorry, hopefully you get my point tho

• Winner Winner x 1