Increase XP reimbursed from custom enchantment books

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zack, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should the amount of XP returned from books be increased

Poll closed Monday at 12:10 AM.
  1. Yes!

100.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zack

Zack Helper
    Staff Member Helper

Ratings:
    +2,472
    KnightZack
    This thread introduced us to the reimbursement system on Ceira. I personally love the new area in spawn devoted to the custom enchantments, and I love the idea of reimbursing XP for books you don't want or need. However, I feel that the % of XP given back to the user is far to low.

Here's an actual example for you guys:
    Earlier today I purchased a Common Tier Book, which costs 2,500 XP. I opened the book and received an enchantment I did not wish to have. Upon throwing the enchantment into the void, I received 165 XP back. If my math serves me right, I got 6% of the original xp I bought the book with back.

Now I don't think you should get back 100% of what you purchased the book for, but I think a percentage closer to 10-25% would be a stronger option. When I purchase a Common Enchantment book, there's a 75% chance it's a common tier book, which seems to go for around 150 xp, which is around 6% of the actual price I paid for the book originally. If I were to purchase a Common Enchantment book and I got a rare tier (20% chance) it appears that it would go for around 500 xp on average (20% of original price)

I bought some enchanted books and threw them into the void, here's the amount of XP that I received back:

Common Tier:
    165 xp should be increased to 500xp (20%)
    143 xp should be increased to 500xp (20%)

Rare Tier:
    643 xp should be increased to 1000 xp (anywhere from 40% to 15%)
    413 xp should be increased to 1000 xp (anywhere from 40% to 15%)

To scared to throw anything worth more into the void :/ If I have the courage to I'll throw some elite+ books in there and post the xp returned (unless someone who has already done so wants to give the information)

2. Emperio

Emperio Backpacker

Ratings:
    +36
    Emperio
    I have played Ceira for little time. So here are my thoughts

Yes, maybe they are way too low, but the increases you have stated to have, I personally think that they are too much. There should be some loss, as custom enchants are a risky thing in the first place, giving more then 15-20% back will result in abuse for the higher exp books. So my recommendation:

For lower exp, make the exp received higher.
    For higher exp books, decrease the exp given back.

I don't know what you think, but If I owned the server I would do this, but of course, you would ask the community first.

• Like Like x 1
  3. XxCraftlionxX

XxCraftlionxX Nobility

Ratings:
    +673
    YaBoiLion
    Back at it again I see and yeah I agree with you it should be increased ever so slightly

• Like Like x 1