Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Important issue which needs to be addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leins

Forest Guardian
I'm sorry, but this is rather ridiculous.

While I don't disagree that staff harassment can be a big issue, it certainly is not such an issue now that such measures needed to be taken. As someone said previously, this is the internet. People are going to be ****s. If excessive, punishment should be issued, of course, but this? This is too far.

This server's toxicity levels have dropped a hell of a lot since 5.0. Leiins, I'm sure you remember how it was back then, even before? It was baaad. But what did it do? What harm did it actually do? Sure, if it got out of hand, the players in question were punished. But the staff involved either grew stronger, or resigned.

Staff should be able to deal with harassment towards them in a calm manner, not muting and punishing players every time they say something bad towards staff. This will not help the server whatsoever. Staff need to be strong, leaders for the layers to look up to. They shouldn't need to hide behind mutes and bans. Like I said, if it grows excessive, yes, give them a fat ban. But if staff can't deal with everyday disrespect, frankly, they shouldn't be staff.
Agreed that the toxicity levels have decreased a lot comparing to the past, but then again when people get out of their way to dox a staff member and find out what they do IRL for a living or whatever they do and slowly start to harass them in game for that is something we should put a stop to, because there's barriers where yes we staff should be able to deal with which can be in game harassment and such, but then there are barriers that are being crossed which includes talking about someones IRL stuff, we can't find out who doxed the person therefore a lot of the people jump into the bandwagon and harass the same or different staff members relating it to IRL stuff,

I hope this explains why stuff such as I pointed out above should be stopped, I agree it's the internet and people will get harassed daily but when it involves doxing it's a bit different.

CommanderLion

Nobility
Agreed that the toxicity levels have decreased a lot comparing to the past, but then again when people get out of their way to dox a staff member and find out what they do IRL for a living or whatever they do and slowly start to harass them in game for that is something we should put a stop to, because there's barriers where yes we staff should be able to deal with which can be in game harassment and such, but then there are barriers that are being crossed which includes talking about someones IRL stuff, we can't find out who doxed the person therefore a lot of the people jump into the bandwagon and harass the same or different staff members relating it to IRL stuff,

I hope this explains why stuff such as I pointed out above should be stopped, I agree it's the internet and people will get harassed daily but when it involves doxing it's a bit different.
Well I'm sorry you're embarrassed about your coffee shop job!!! (Lol)

Tyriek

Backpacker
Blacklisted
Maybe staff should do a better job , not stand up for abusers, and actually know what to ****ing do as a staff member.

Fall

Overlord

Doxing has happened in the past to several staff members, and they've gotten over it. Look, it was bad, yes, and the players who did it were punished. This new rule has nothing to do with doxing, does it? There already were rules to deal with doxing, leaking info, etc., or am I wrong?

This rule is, more likely, for staff members who can't handle the abuse they get. This isn't a dig at you, or Tea, but dude, c'mon. Desteria needs better.

Tyriek

Backpacker
Blacklisted
There will always be some type of harassment to staff in game, it is factions but the point that's trying to be made here is that there are certain people that cross the line.
***** you literally are 2nd biased after Pedrex. You just haven’t done anything “worth demoting” in anyone’s eyes. outside of that pretty faction of yours, everyone seems to hate pinto. there’s a reason for it and you know why. you’re like sakura in naruto. you swear you know a whole lot but you’re actually the most useless member on the team. ever. You might as well bunk with leins and tea now. anytime i see you on youre just responding to one of your faction buddies about how they love you and ****.

Last edited:

Nathan

Overlord
Blacklisted
***** you literally are 2nd biased after Pedrex. You just haven’t done anything “worth demoting” in anyone’s eyes. outside of that pretty faction of yours, everyone seems to hate pinto. there’s a reason for it and you know why. you’re like sakura in naruto. you swear you know a whole lot but you’re actually the most useless staff member ever. You might as well bunk with leins and tea now. anytime i see you on youre just responding to one of your faction buddies about how they love you and ****.
Gotta love the obscure anime joke

xTNAx02

Crusader
***** you literally are 2nd biased after Pedrex. You just haven’t done anything “worth demoting” in anyone’s eyes. outside of that pretty faction of yours, everyone seems to hate pinto. there’s a reason for it and you know why. you’re like sakura in naruto. you swear you know a whole lot but you’re actually the most useless staff member ever. You might as well bunk with leins and tea now. anytime i see you on youre just responding to one of your faction buddies about how they love you and ****.
There is no need for all of this negativity. If you have a problem with any staff member, go ahead and make a staff report about it including evidence about the situation. There is no need to spread out toxicity and negativity in a public thread.

Tyriek

Backpacker
Blacklisted
There is no need for all of this negativity. If you have a problem with any staff member, go ahead and make a staff report about it including evidence about the situation. There is no need to spread out toxicity and negativity in a public thread.
what are you gonna do? warn me again? lmao i’m using criticism. it’s not constructive in your eyes because you’re a staff member and have to abide by the staff ways. you don’t see it how players see it but it’s whatever nobody good plays anyway.
[doublepost=1519049321,1519049266][/doublepost]
Gotta love the obscure anime joke
riiiight lmfao

MelodicRose

Overlord
Serious question:

Will you guys be treating player harassment and toxicity with the same level of non-tolerance then? I don't think staff should be getting special immunity and treatment because of a little tag.

moveback

Trailblazer
Blacklisted
Serious question:

Will you guys be treating player harassment and toxicity with the same level of non-tolerance then? I don't think staff should be getting special immunity and treatment because of a little tag.
I agree with this a lot, everyone should be treated equally!

Leins

Forest Guardian
Serious question:

Changed it to to staff / player harrasment in general, I agree with players should be treated equally as well as the staff members

CommanderLion

Nobility
Changed it to to staff / player harrasment in general, I agree with players should be treated equally as well as the staff members
Too bad this is the case but idc because I don't play this block game and definitely won't if soft served ice creams from mcdonalds are playing because of a little harassment

THONY

Backpacker
Also how are players suppose to report staff members when every staff is buddy buddy with each other? If u saw ur friend who's a staff getting reported ur gonna be bias af towards it.

Makes no sense to direct people to staff reports. Those people who make reports usually get banned within a week or two after the report because of some "unexpected reason".

Also ignore staff harrassment, what about staff harrassing players? Staff abusing their powers? Where has that gone lmao? If staff won't show respect to the community there is zero reason why the community should show it back.
^^^^
I found weird that i made a player report using 1 of my YT vid nothing happened, 3 days later i made a staff report, and they made a report on me using the SAME video that i used to report a the player and they banned me for it. I understand now... Just look at my history they have tried so hard to blacklist me: https://desteria.com/bans/history.php?uuid=009e9f18-8ffb-4a0c-82df-8d51e9c72b2d&from=bans (After my first ban they accused me for evading and hacking an acc, I prove them they were wrong) @Leins if you dont believe me look at the reports, you need to open your eyes. Also #freeAnzety ;)

Pedrex

Nobility
Greetings Desterians, this is going to be a rather unusual thread from which myself normally would make but this is an issue which needs to be addressed with the community and I'm speaking behalf the whole Management team.

Harassment towards staff and players of the community

This is a very big issue which has been in place for a long time but no one really spoke out about it especially a manager, firstly this doesn't go for everyone but for the people who are guilty within this act. Harassing staff members online where it's not needed, for example a staff member could enter a realm and would say hi, and a player out of nowhere would say something nasty to the staff member - well the first thing we would do is warn the player and if the player continues we would mute them. If the player continues everyday to harass the same or various of staff members it would eventually build up their history and lead onto bans, this will also make the other players think that this is fine to do towards anyone especially staff members.

Well this is something we're going to put a stop to it, meaning harassing staff members isn't something we can allow anymore, especially the female staff members who receive enormous amounts of unnecessary disrespect and disgusting comment from players which could lead to the comments being very explicit. This stuff comes back to the management, and this has been brought to our attention that we can't allow such harassment towards staff members anymore or else we will be forced to enforce further actions towards harassment as a rule which will eventually leads to banning, but I'm hoping this message will inform the ones who are guilty in this act and that further action won't have to be taken.

If you believe a staff member has done something wrong please feel free to report them back to the management, this is the only way we can resolve any issues you may have with a specific staff member, instead of harassing them which isn't the right way to help the case and it will most definitely bring the people harassing the staff member any further in trouble, it's honestly unneeded and it's getting out of control.

Staff reports sections: https://desteria.com/community/forums/staff-reports.55/

If we don't reply, please don't hesitate to message us privately through a conversation or through discord.​
hahaha “whole management team”

Status
Not open for further replies.