Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Important issue which needs to be addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmymerh

Crusader
ok but no one is forcing you to be a staff member.
You're right. Im here at my own free will. I chose to be a staff member because I want to be a voice to those that want to suggest ideas, im here to keep the game enjoyable for everyone. Im not here to be the bad guy so many people are making us all out to be.

Quazzter

Peasant
I submitted an appeal got, says I was unbanned, but can't log on, I believe it's because after my false ban I ban evaded so my IP got banned, I also had recently bought an unban. Could I get UN IP Banned from the unban i purchased? I believe that that's fair

H8ers

Backpacker
I could not agree more with this post. People don't see how much it weighs on someone being staff, especially when people are harassing them and reporting them whenever they do there job, or when they don't do it. I think this is something that should always lead to a ban, as staff members volunteer to help the server and keep it fun for all players! I think the problem is some people don't see that it is hard on staff. I saw one post about staff not banning a hacker or something, and how staff members should always have to record. A lot of the things people say about staff they don't think about because 90% of it can't happen. While I use this as an example there are much more. The reason staff don't record 24/7 is because some have computers that can not handle it. Another reason is this would fill up there hard drives, and if the delete recordings people would complain because they don't have it if it would be needed! Like I said there is much more being said about staff, but this is a recent one that I could think of why it could never happen in 2 minutes!

ExoticStrafe

Trailblazer
I'm not trying to be rude in anyway shape or form, but i just don't see the point of this post. It's like the filters and mutes ingame don't stop people from being toxic. Staff harassment (unfortunately) will always be inevitable and you can numb it down all you like, but it wont stop.

starblaster030

Nobility
Good post.

Im going to put this in perspective for some people who may be reading this and not really understanding where this is all coming from. Today alone I have only been able to be on for about 3 hours. In those 3 hours I had COUNTless pm's from a group of individuals spamming me with "How hot are you?" "Are you a 1-10?" "So youre ugly right?" "Why dont you log off and get a life." "Arent you too old to be playing mc? lol" I have hopped into a realm where I am met with "omg will you go make me a sandwich already" "havent you done my laundry yet?" "why dont you log off and go back to the kitchen" "who said that this dog could get on" and many many more with much more expletives than this BEFORE I EVEN SPEAK. The issue just doesnt stop unless it is addressed with everyone. I have "balls" and most of the time I just ignore what a lot of people say to me because its factions/the internet and people can just generally be nasty people. But sometimes when im trying to do my job and im being spammed by comments above or derogatory comments it makes the trust a lot of players could have for me/us a lot more difficult to obtain. I have personally only been a helper for about two weeks and am met with "youre so abusive" "why havent you been demoted yet" where the only aspects of staffing im given are just chat commands.
Im going to close at this, after passing Valentines day I want nothing but to let everyone know how much I love this server and how much time im interested in dedicating to it. If we could all take a step back, look at what we are saying/doing to one another, and just maybe be a little kinder and nicer with our manners, a lot of really cool and interesting things will come of it. Im not here to take a way your personal fun, Im here to promote it for everybody. I dont like muting people, or requesting for them to be banned after violating so many offenses or take pride in that but... I have rules that im here to stand by. I want you to be having fun playing just as much as the next kid. So please take a second next time you see one of us in game, ask us how our day was, we would be happy to tell you and we are interested in how your day was too! We would all rather be sitting and talking with you guys about school, music, fashion anything!

Love you all <3
Obviously, I can't speak about harassment from a female's perspective, but personally through my times as a staff member I wasn't really harassed at all unless I did something completely ******ed and ****ed up somehow. (ex. muting a group of people for something that wasn't defined in the rules).

But the thing is, the harassment would eventually fall off because the players would go back to doing whatever they were doing and going on with their game play. But I am fairly sure at this time of the reset, attention towards the actual game play is falling off.

On top of that, some staff members just act like complete idiots sometimes. The direction staff members take on their chat behavior and attitude differ from person to person, but half of them are not the most appropriate way to act. I will refrain from calling out specific names, but I've seen some staff members stay online the whole time, not type a damn thing in chat and only mute. No help at all, just mutes. When questions appear off of the mute, they respond with basic responses that hold no value because they are, well, basic responses.

Harassment basically doesn't start out of thin air in a community like this because people aren't like "**** it, lets go harass ___." Harassment on Desteria really starts when someone acts or does things that are comparable to a clueless monkey in the middle of the desert or when there is literally nothing to do in the game because it is so dull and they start to walk around their base endlessly and type in chat.

The staff members should be, especially in orientation, encouraged to withstand the harassment no matter what you have to represent the server in a positive manner. When you act like a stupid monkey, of course you are going to be harassed and then it continues from there.

Darth

Citizen
Im going to put this in perspective for some people who may be reading this and not really understanding where this is all coming from. Today alone I have only been able to be on for about 3 hours. In those 3 hours I had COUNTless pm's from a group of individuals spamming me with "How hot are you?" "Are you a 1-10?" "So youre ugly right?" "Why dont you log off and get a life." "Arent you too old to be playing mc? lol" I have hopped into a realm where I am met with "omg will you go make me a sandwich already" "havent you done my laundry yet?" "why dont you log off and go back to the kitchen" "who said that this dog could get on" and many many more with much more expletives than this BEFORE I EVEN SPEAK. The issue just doesnt stop unless it is addressed with everyone. I have "balls" and most of the time I just ignore what a lot of people say to me because its factions/the internet and people can just generally be nasty people. But sometimes when im trying to do my job and im being spammed by comments above or derogatory comments it makes the trust a lot of players could have for me/us a lot more difficult to obtain. I have personally only been a helper for about two weeks and am met with "youre so abusive" "why havent you been demoted yet" where the only aspects of staffing im given are just chat commands.
Im going to close at this, after passing Valentines day I want nothing but to let everyone know how much I love this server and how much time im interested in dedicating to it. If we could all take a step back, look at what we are saying/doing to one another, and just maybe be a little kinder and nicer with our manners, a lot of really cool and interesting things will come of it. Im not here to take a way your personal fun, Im here to promote it for everybody. I dont like muting people, or requesting for them to be banned after violating so many offenses or take pride in that but... I have rules that im here to stand by. I want you to be having fun playing just as much as the next kid. So please take a second next time you see one of us in game, ask us how our day was, we would be happy to tell you and we are interested in how your day was too! We would all rather be sitting and talking with you guys about school, music, fashion anything!

Love you all <3
ily :3
2018-02-07_10.43.32.png

Rob

Forest Guardian
I think one or two people are misunderstanding.

So I get people are like "its Minecraft, if you don't like it log off", you're not completely wrong. However, it is Minecraft, so I don't see how its necessary for things like that to happen. Sexual harassment, death threats and links to terrorism in rare cases and more common cases such as racism does happen online clearly. You get a variety of threats, if its about your race, religion or simply gender. As I know from people I worked with when I was staff, they was harassed and was sent disturbing messages. Personally, I have thick skin, but it would be really annoying for people to have to hear the same crap every hour. If you don't like being told that, then maybe you should be the one logging off.

Adoze

Explorer

Love you all <3
Omg that sounds horrible, I hope this can fix all that for you. Sucks this has to happen. I never knew to what extent staff disrespect went to...

^-^

Flighty

Overlord
I don't understand why staff reports are always brought up. Most of the time they never get looked at and are completely ignored.
I made a staff report around December, the staff i reported is still on the team, my staff report got locked and no one commented on it? Idc if u deny it. Just don't lock it and say nothing.

Also how are players suppose to report staff members when every staff is buddy buddy with each other? If u saw ur friend who's a staff getting reported ur gonna be bias af towards it.

Makes no sense to direct people to staff reports. Those people who make reports usually get banned within a week or two after the report because of some "unexpected reason".

Also ignore staff harrassment, what about staff harrassing players? Staff abusing their powers? Where has that gone lmao? If staff won't show respect to the community there is zero reason why the community should show it back.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Staff reports DO not get looked at. Maybe they do, but nobody gave a **** when I posted mine. Around a couple days of being demoted for afking on realms, I see a staff afk for literally 1 hour. I recorded them for 10 minutes, reported them, but nope. Nobody gives a sht. Also staff don't get harassed because the playerbase is toxic, they get harassed because they do some pretty fkced up stuff themselves.

Personally, as a staff member I never got harassed. Well with the previous drama, and with more than half the staff team being accused of abuse, and not doing their job etc. You're gonna get harassed. I literally was jokingly calling a staff stupid, and you could tell I was being sarcastic. I got warned for staff harassment. This SAME staff, I tell them hey man why aren't you mentor!!(after putting all the BS he/she did behind us) he says its not my job to decide. Like are you seriously that f*cking much of a robot? Like are you on the team to symbolize your hierarchy towards other people?

ExoticStrafe

Trailblazer
They can be banned if they harass in chat enough times. It’s not that easy to just go around and ban people.
If you know who the repeat offenders are, and if they haven't learnt their lessons, then why not just ban them? I don't understand. Wasn't that the purpose of this post? "Crossing the line"

xTNAx02

Crusader
If you know who the repeat offenders are, and if they haven't learnt their lessons, then why not just ban them? I don't understand. Wasn't that the purpose of this post? "Crossing the line"
I think making forum posts/starting discord conversation about the topic is what crossing the line was referring to.

Rain

Overlord
LMAOOO this server is a ****ing joke

why can’t you staff either be demoted already are grow a pair

Leins

Forest Guardian
Then just ban those people?
The point of this post was to spread the message globally because it's not okay to do especially on our network

LMAOOO this server is a ****ing joke

why can’t you staff either be demoted already are grow a pair
Unsure what you're trying to say here if this relates to staff harassment then please explai
I don't understand why staff reports are always brought up. Most of the time they never get looked at and are completely ignored.
I made a staff report around December, the staff i reported is still on the team, my staff report got locked and no one commented on it? Idc if u deny it. Just don't lock it and say nothing.

Also how are players suppose to report staff members when every staff is buddy buddy with each other? If u saw ur friend who's a staff getting reported ur gonna be bias af towards it.

Makes no sense to direct people to staff reports. Those people who make reports usually get banned within a week or two after the report because of some "unexpected reason".

Also ignore staff harrassment, what about staff harrassing players? Staff abusing their powers? Where has that gone lmao? If staff won't show respect to the community there is zero reason why the community should show it back.
Right, I personally didn't start dealing with the reports myself after December / January but that's something I should've payed more attention to of course and my apologies for that - I took a glance over them from time to time but never really answered them anyways,

When it comes to staff reports unsure where you get the 'buddy buddy' part from because I could have a really good friend on the staff team which I've known for ages but if they have done something that they shouldn't have done I treat them the same way as I'd treat the other staff members, so the 'buddy buddy' part shouldn't be involved here as it's false,

Secondly the players who report the staff members tend to harass the staff members on forums / in game whilst the situation is being looked into - I've seen it countless of times and then people come up to me saying why did I get banned, it should be left to the management to deal with and not taking matters into your own hands by saying nasty stuff to them, it doesn't help the scenario whatsoever.

Thirdly this post was purely pointed out because it needed to be posted because it's a massive issue, and I agree if staff don't show respect to the community they shouldn't be treated any equally, but that doesn't mean being completely disrespectful to them would help the situation, My PM's are always open on forums and discord (Leins#6695) so if you see a staff member being rude to someone don't hesitate to report them to us (this also includes staff reports, but if you want faster responses PM'ing me would be the better option)
Staff members aren't supposed to harass the players, that's where the whole issue comes from when it gets out of hands and they start getting harassment back, but it's lead to the point that something had to be said or else it would get even worse, again reporting a staff member to the management would be the best option because we can't allow staff doing such things.

I'm sorry bud this is the internet

Your staff is just going to have to grow a pair of balls

Me personally I never said anything "too disgusting" to a female staff member

but I have had my fair share of ****ing with staff

I log on every day and get harassed lmao but they don't get any punishment besides a warning (maybe) from a staff

Only way I can agree with this is sexual harassment towards staff because that's just ****ed up :p

Thinks like "(Female staff member) can I please **** you" or "Send pics of your clit"

etc etc

But yeah harassment shouldn't be bannable lol grow some big boy balls (Also leins boy respond to yo ***** nerdy on discord)
Again it gets to the point where people start to cross the line, that shouldn't be happening whatsoever and others shouldn't be thinking that it's fine, put yourself in one of the female staff members shoes - you wake up and log in game and the first thing you see is someone being completely disgusting towards you, it continues everyday for no reason and the member knows that they will be warned before being muted and they will take that advantage to abuse that and harass the staff member even further because going back to my original point they will know that they will receive a warning, you as a female staff member would report this to the management in matter of moments because it can get out of hand quite easily, the guys who are staff members don't get such comments and are often joking around in the faction chat about it calling each other disgusting names so the female staff members shouldn't be treated any different from the other staff members and just because they are females they shouldn't be receiving disgusting comments everyday because they could have things going on IRL besides this and on top of getting harassed in game isn't pleasant, something to think about rather then saying 'grow a pair' because it's not the same for everyone and they shouldn't resign because of it, it simply should be stopped - and the 'staff harassment towards players' can be stopped by showing respect to staff in the first place and again if the staff aren't showing respect to the community then please don't hesitate to report it to the upper staff :)

And Will reply to Nerdy later on ^^

Warmish

Overlord
The point of this post was to spread the message globally because it's not okay to do especially on our network

Unsure what you're trying to say here if this relates to staff harassment then please explai

Right, I personally didn't start dealing with the reports myself after December / January but that's something I should've payed more attention to of course and my apologies for that - I took a glance over them from time to time but never really answered them anyways,

When it comes to staff reports unsure where you get the 'buddy buddy' part from because I could have a really good friend on the staff team which I've known for ages but if they have done something that they shouldn't have done I treat them the same way as I'd treat the other staff members, so the 'buddy buddy' part shouldn't be involved here as it's false,

Secondly the players who report the staff members tend to harass the staff members on forums / in game whilst the situation is being looked into - I've seen it countless of times and then people come up to me saying why did I get banned, it should be left to the management to deal with and not taking matters into your own hands by saying nasty stuff to them, it doesn't help the scenario whatsoever.

Thirdly this post was purely pointed out because it needed to be posted because it's a massive issue, and I agree if staff don't show respect to the community they shouldn't be treated any equally, but that doesn't mean being completely disrespectful to them would help the situation, My PM's are always open on forums and discord (Leins#6695) so if you see a staff member being rude to someone don't hesitate to report them to us (this also includes staff reports, but if you want faster responses PM'ing me would be the better option)
Staff members aren't supposed to harass the players, that's where the whole issue comes from when it gets out of hands and they start getting harassment back, but it's lead to the point that something had to be said or else it would get even worse, again reporting a staff member to the management would be the best option because we can't allow staff doing such things.

Again it gets to the point where people start to cross the line, that shouldn't be happening whatsoever and others shouldn't be thinking that it's fine, put yourself in one of the female staff members shoes - you wake up and log in game and the first thing you see is someone being completely disgusting towards you, it continues everyday for no reason and the member knows that they will be warned before being muted and they will take that advantage to abuse that and harass the staff member even further because going back to my original point they will know that they will receive a warning, you as a female staff member would report this to the management in matter of moments because it can get out of hand quite easily, the guys who are staff members don't get such comments and are often joking around in the faction chat about it calling each other disgusting names so the female staff members shouldn't be treated any different from the other staff members and just because they are females they shouldn't be receiving disgusting comments everyday because they could have things going on IRL besides this and on top of getting harassed in game isn't pleasant, something to think about rather then saying 'grow a pair' because it's not the same for everyone and they shouldn't resign because of it, it simply should be stopped - and the 'staff harassment towards players' can be stopped by showing respect to staff in the first place and again if the staff aren't showing respect to the community then please don't hesitate to report it to the upper staff :)

And Will reply to Nerdy later on ^^
Like I said, I never see staff just randomly get harassed the moment they get on the realm, krynn is one of the most toxic realms imo, however the only staff who get flamed are the abusive ones. 1-3 staff members really get flamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.