Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Important issue which needs to be addressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leins

Forest Guardian
Greetings Desterians, this is going to be a rather unusual thread from which myself normally would make but this is an issue which needs to be addressed with the community and I'm speaking behalf the whole Management team.

Harassment towards staff and players of the community

This is a very big issue which has been in place for a long time but no one really spoke out about it especially a manager, firstly this doesn't go for everyone but for the people who are guilty within this act. Harassing staff members online where it's not needed, for example a staff member could enter a realm and would say hi, and a player out of nowhere would say something nasty to the staff member - well the first thing we would do is warn the player and if the player continues we would mute them. If the player continues everyday to harass the same or various of staff members it would eventually build up their history and lead onto bans, this will also make the other players think that this is fine to do towards anyone especially staff members.

Well this is something we're going to put a stop to it, meaning harassing staff members isn't something we can allow anymore, especially the female staff members who receive enormous amounts of unnecessary disrespect and disgusting comment from players which could lead to the comments being very explicit. This stuff comes back to the management, and this has been brought to our attention that we can't allow such harassment towards staff members anymore or else we will be forced to enforce further actions towards harassment as a rule which will eventually leads to banning, but I'm hoping this message will inform the ones who are guilty in this act and that further action won't have to be taken.

If you believe a staff member has done something wrong please feel free to report them back to the management, this is the only way we can resolve any issues you may have with a specific staff member, instead of harassing them which isn't the right way to help the case and it will most definitely bring the people harassing the staff member any further in trouble, it's honestly unneeded and it's getting out of control.

Staff reports sections: https://desteria.com/community/forums/staff-reports.55/

If we don't reply, please don't hesitate to message us privately through a conversation or through discord.​

Last edited:

Austin

Crusader
Nice, I've honestly been waiting for this to be addressed as it causes so much drama. It only takes one known person in the community to turn a group of people on an innocent staff member.

Bloomer08

Explorer
Made a similar thread about this, haven't been on desty for a while. But seems as though it's only gotten worse. Playerbase and apparently some staff has only gotten worse... sad. This is a good step, but how about you guys also listen to the community about some of the staff? All I see is complaints most not even rude just saying what they do.

Leins

Forest Guardian
Made a similar thread about this, haven't been on desty for a while. But seems as though it's only gotten worse. Playerbase and apparently some staff has only gotten worse... sad. This is a good step, but how about you guys also listen to the community about some of the staff? All I see is complaints most not even rude just saying what they do.
This is another issue which can be dealt with through staff reports or through PM's, harassment is another issue which has gotten worse over time and it's not easy working in an environment where players constantly harass you mostly for no reason.

Warmish

Overlord
I don't understand why staff reports are always brought up. Most of the time they never get looked at and are completely ignored.
I made a staff report around December, the staff i reported is still on the team, my staff report got locked and no one commented on it? Idc if u deny it. Just don't lock it and say nothing.

Also how are players suppose to report staff members when every staff is buddy buddy with each other? If u saw ur friend who's a staff getting reported ur gonna be bias af towards it.

Makes no sense to direct people to staff reports. Those people who make reports usually get banned within a week or two after the report because of some "unexpected reason".

Also ignore staff harrassment, what about staff harrassing players? Staff abusing their powers? Where has that gone lmao? If staff won't show respect to the community there is zero reason why the community should show it back.

Last edited:

Rapidly

Forest Guardian
I don't understand why staff reports are always brought up. Most of the time they never get looked at and are completely ignored.
I made a staff report around December, the staff i reported is still on the team, my staff report got locked and no one commented on it? Idc if u deny it. Just don't lock it and say nothing.

Also how are players suppose to report staff members when every staff is buddy buddy with each other? If u saw ur friend who's a staff getting reported ur gonna be bias af towards it.

Makes no sense to direct people to staff reports. Those people who make reports usually get banned within a week or two after the report because of some "unexpected reason".

Also ignore staff harrassment, what about staff harrassing players? Staff abusing their powers? Where has that gone lmao? If staff won't show respect to the community there is zero reason why the community should show it back.
you’re literally my seed

NotNerdy

Backpacker
Blacklisted
Greetings Desterians, this is going to be a rather unusual thread from which myself normally would make but this is an issue which needs to be addressed with the community and I'm speaking behalf the whole Management team.

Harassment towards staff

This is a very big issue which has been in place for a long time but no one really spoke out about it especially a manager, firstly this doesn't go for everyone but for the people who are guilty within this act. Harassing staff members online where it's not needed, for example a staff member could enter a realm and would say hi, and a player out of nowhere would say something nasty to the staff member - well the first thing we would do is warn the player and if the player continues we would mute them. If the player continues everyday to harass the same or various of staff members it would eventually build up their history and lead onto bans, this will also make the other players think that this is fine to do towards anyone especially staff members.

Well this is something we're going to put a stop to it, meaning harassing staff members isn't something we can allow anymore, especially the female staff members who receive enormous amounts of unnecessary disrespect and disgusting comment from players which could lead to the comments being very explicit. This stuff comes back to the management, and this has been brought to our attention that we can't allow such harassment towards staff members anymore or else we will be forced to enforce further actions towards harassment as a rule which will eventually leads to banning, but I'm hoping this message will inform the ones who are guilty in this act and that further action won't have to be taken.

If you believe a staff member has done something wrong please feel free to report them back to the management, this is the only way we can resolve any issues you may have with a specific staff member, instead of harassing them which isn't the right way to help the case and it will most definitely bring the people harassing the staff member any further in trouble, it's honestly unneeded and it's getting out of control.

Staff reports sections: https://desteria.com/community/forums/staff-reports.55/

If we don't reply, please don't hesitate to message us privately through a conversation or through discord.​
I'm sorry bud this is the internet

Your staff is just going to have to grow a pair of balls

Me personally I never said anything "too disgusting" to a female staff member

but I have had my fair share of ****ing with staff

I log on every day and get harassed lmao but they don't get any punishment besides a warning (maybe) from a staff

Only way I can agree with this is sexual harassment towards staff because that's just ****ed up :p

Thinks like "(Female staff member) can I please **** you" or "Send pics of your clit"

etc etc

But yeah harassment shouldn't be bannable lol grow some big boy balls (Also leins boy respond to yo ***** nerdy on discord)

Emmymerh

Crusader
Im going to put this in perspective for some people who may be reading this and not really understanding where this is all coming from. Today alone I have only been able to be on for about 3 hours. In those 3 hours I had COUNTless pm's from a group of individuals spamming me with "How hot are you?" "Are you a 1-10?" "So youre ugly right?" "Why dont you log off and get a life." "Arent you too old to be playing mc? lol" I have hopped into a realm where I am met with "omg will you go make me a sandwich already" "havent you done my laundry yet?" "why dont you log off and go back to the kitchen" "who said that this dog could get on" and many many more with much more expletives than this BEFORE I EVEN SPEAK. The issue just doesnt stop unless it is addressed with everyone. I have "balls" and most of the time I just ignore what a lot of people say to me because its factions/the internet and people can just generally be nasty people. But sometimes when im trying to do my job and im being spammed by comments above or derogatory comments it makes the trust a lot of players could have for me/us a lot more difficult to obtain. I have personally only been a helper for about two weeks and am met with "youre so abusive" "why havent you been demoted yet" where the only aspects of staffing im given are just chat commands.
Im going to close at this, after passing Valentines day I want nothing but to let everyone know how much I love this server and how much time im interested in dedicating to it. If we could all take a step back, look at what we are saying/doing to one another, and just maybe be a little kinder and nicer with our manners, a lot of really cool and interesting things will come of it. Im not here to take a way your personal fun, Im here to promote it for everybody. I dont like muting people, or requesting for them to be banned after violating so many offenses or take pride in that but... I have rules that im here to stand by. I want you to be having fun playing just as much as the next kid. So please take a second next time you see one of us in game, ask us how our day was, we would be happy to tell you and we are interested in how your day was too! We would all rather be sitting and talking with you guys about school, music, fashion anything!

Love you all <3

ExoticStrafe

Trailblazer
Im going to put this in perspective for some people who may be reading this and not really understanding where this is all coming from. Today alone I have only been able to be on for about 3 hours. In those 3 hours I had COUNTless pm's from a group of individuals spamming me with "How hot are you?" "Are you a 1-10?" "So youre ugly right?" "Why dont you log off and get a life." "Arent you too old to be playing mc? lol" I have hopped into a realm where I am met with "omg will you go make me a sandwich already" "havent you done my laundry yet?" "why dont you log off and go back to the kitchen" "who said that this dog could get on" and many many more with much more expletives than this BEFORE I EVEN SPEAK. The issue just doesnt stop unless it is addressed with everyone. I have "balls" and most of the time I just ignore what a lot of people say to me because its factions/the internet and people can just generally be nasty people. But sometimes when im trying to do my job and im being spammed by comments above or derogatory comments it makes the trust a lot of players could have for me/us a lot more difficult to obtain. I have personally only been a helper for about two weeks and am met with "youre so abusive" "why havent you been demoted yet" where the only aspects of staffing im given are just chat commands.
Im going to close at this, after passing Valentines day I want nothing but to let everyone know how much I love this server and how much time im interested in dedicating to it. If we could all take a step back, look at what we are saying/doing to one another, and just maybe be a little kinder and nicer with our manners, a lot of really cool and interesting things will come of it. Im not here to take a way your personal fun, Im here to promote it for everybody. I dont like muting people, or requesting for them to be banned after violating so many offenses or take pride in that but... I have rules that im here to stand by. I want you to be having fun playing just as much as the next kid. So please take a second next time you see one of us in game, ask us how our day was, we would be happy to tell you and we are interested in how your day was too! We would all rather be sitting and talking with you guys about school, music, fashion anything!

Love you all <3
ok but no one is forcing you to be a staff member.

Status
Not open for further replies.