I'm getting sick of waiting.

Discussion in 'General' started by xRevir, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blacnova

Blacnova Peasant

Ratings:
    +13
    DrippinSauce
    An unban wave has already been planned?

wait this was sarcasm wasn't it

2. LEGALIST

LEGALIST Crusader

Ratings:
    +599
    been waiting months, my expectations are pretty high for this ****. better be worth the wait lemon man

3. Corbin

Corbin Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team

Ratings:
    +169
    blorbin
    I'm sorry that late October didn't appear to be an estimate, but the team was told that the goal was the end of October, and I know I personally only presented as a goal. However, something came up to do with the devs while they were working on LemonCloud, and if you ever read Annie's resignation document it might become a little more clear as to why its taking so long.
    If I'm not mistaken someone did ask that about the delay in one of Omega's Q&A's. Now I know that's a stretch and not many people got to hear it, so I'll try my best to reiterate it here. LemonCloud had just been promised a reset when suddenly a few devs went MIA (I don't know why), causing LemonCloud's reset to be delayed heavily. Because LemonCloud had been promised a reset before Desteria did, they had to go over and finish up LemonCloud before even touching Desteria. This caused for lots of time to be lost (probably couldn't start too much on Desteria until November is my guess). Now, the content team unfortunately doesn't have all the time in the world to work on the things you mention here, let alone to discuss it with each other to make sure we're keeping everything balanced and in check with the rest of the server. I don't think that this is as easy as you make it seem.

4. Oreo

Oreo Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
  5. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team

Ratings:
    +1,553
    Bonfiyah
    Correct

6. Blacnova

Blacnova Peasant

Ratings:
    +13
    DrippinSauce
    The sarcasm part of the unban wave part :confused:

7. Savannah

Savannah Mentor
    Staff Member Mentor

Ratings:
    +313
    Savxnnah
    No, that there is going to be an unban reset.

8. Blacnova

Blacnova Peasant

Ratings:
    +13
    DrippinSauce
    Oh nice, that should certainly help with increased competition :)

9. Savannah

Savannah Mentor
    Staff Member Mentor

Ratings:
    +313
    Savxnnah
    We're hoping that that's the case. I personally believe it should help significantly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Math666

Math666 Citizen

Ratings:
    +23
    The thing about lemon cloud directly interfering destys release just backups my rant about manpower.
    Im glad you actually speak up publicly about what happened as almost everyone Ive talked with so far has failed to do so.
    What i find indecent and wrong of the server is the fact that we aint getting updated.

There aint dc updates when stuff goes wrong
    There aint enough post on forums front page explaining situations either and all in all we're not getting enough info which again creates a huge gap in what it means to be a player and what it means to be staff. Us as players can feel mislead and thats something thats completely fair to get mad over.
    Its your guys responsibility and I see NO ONE actively taking it

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Coconut

Coconut Explorer

Ratings:
    +218
    CoconutShell
    The thing is, it's not the helper's jobs to do that. I do agree though that things like this need to be said publicly. So you can't just say that it's the whole staff team's fault. Especially considering the fact that helpers aren't aware of everything that goes wrong.

12. Math666

Math666 Citizen

Ratings:
    +23
    They might now be aware, but when you as a player can happen to know more than a helper theres something wrong with the communication.

when i say its "Your" job i refer to the team as a whole.

Its their job to inform us about such insidences and as those helpers are the only ones speaking up its gonna be them that takes the feedback too

13. xRevir

xRevir Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit

Ratings:
    +39
    I agree that the staff team should be more involved in this and that's why I think that almost half of them resigned. They were getting bored of waiting and doing nothing. I feel like omega and lemon should get more people involved and push the staff and devs to work hard. This is a business, you can't just take days off whenever you feel like it.

Suggestion: Maybe get the community more involved and look into recruiting people to help push the release of the server instead of just letting higher up staff deal with it all by themselves. Teamwork can go a long way with many more people.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Coconut

Coconut Explorer

Ratings:
    +218
    CoconutShell
    Actually, none of the staff members resigned for that reason. Maybe Jnf, but I don't think so.

Alright so as I said before, I think what is really bottlenecking progress here is the devs. All the helpers were actually working hard towards the reset. The problem is that helpers aren't able to create plugins.

Devs are paid so yeah, it wouldn't make sense if they did take days off. However, the "normal" staff team are volounteers, and so technically they get to take days off.

I actually proposed to Omega to get players who knew how to code plugins to make some without getting access to the server files, and this was his response:

15. xRevir

xRevir Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit

Ratings:
    +39
    If I am right you resigned because you had nothing to do and were getting bored, correct?

16. HotStuffing

HotStuffing Explorer

Ratings:
    +100
    HotSmexyBeach
    Welp this is why you don't give into peer pressure and hand out f-top rewards early. Players are left with nothing to do on Desteria and are annoyed with the lack of updates and failed goals of release.
    There should be another f-top reward or something of a reward to keep players occupied while staff work on Desteria+

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. magiical

magiical Peasant

Ratings:
    +5
    this thread is so interesting to read as a lemoncloud kid, as it seems lc is going through similar stuff.

just gonna add onto some stuff
    just one dev. alex announced it as suspected health concerns but the MIA part has happened twice now before a server reset which is a bit concerning. (this isnt that important but)
    we were promised a server because we hadn't gotten one (besides new maps and a skywars that no one plays) in close to a year. unfortunate that it lead you guys to not have one yet. there's a clear problem with having the same devs on both servers. if you guys are getting a new server, our server won't have bug fixes and minor things like that for a good month maybe more. vis versa. not to mention our new server came out mid November and its still not finished.

my guess is the dev team wasnt "free" until around the first few weeks of December, for sure not in November. LC had lots of bugs and small addons that continued to be worked on just about a month after release. if ur content team wasnt prepared to bounce straight on it and create a server, my guess is they are waiting until after the holidays. ppl are traveling etc. just inconvenient time to plot a server. ofc idk anything this is just assumption.

with the shared dev team ideally, while the devs are working on, for example, lemoncloud, thats when the content crew on desteria should be planning the next server. that way when the devs are done with the LC server, the devs can bounce and bring to life what the Desteria content team had been working on. a week or two to fix bugs in between helping with server resets is necessary too. again, ideally... there shouldn't be a drastic wait time between server resets between the two networks. but its easier said than done.

I don't think it is excusable to blame the other sister network on slow resets. It shouldn't need to be blamed because there absolutly shouldn't be the same devs on both servers. not to mention as of right now, theres only 3 different devs between BOTH servers. thats puts so much work on the small number of devs.

sorry i know I'm rambling about lc on a dest thread. I just thought it was interesting that we both are experiencing same issues, I was under the impression that dest was treated better in terms of resets. :p

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ripshooters

Ripshooters Backpacker

Ratings:
    +95
    @Omega should do more progress updates. This will keep us in the loop. Ilemon said early december and its the new year. The update will come after the Christmas break and that will be a big factor to it flopping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Coconut

Coconut Explorer

Ratings:
    +218
    CoconutShell
    I didn't get bored, I got unmotivated. I don't know why, but yes, that may be a possibility.

Keep in mind though that I'm 1 in 4 people who resigned because of unmotivation.

I think it's too late now to announce another f-top reward draw.

20. Savannah

Savannah Mentor
    Staff Member Mentor

Ratings:
    +313
    Savxnnah
    While I agree that progress updates are beneficial to keeping players intrigued to what's coming, there's always the concern by omega for not wanting to spoil too much of what's changing.
    On the flip side though, I understand where people are coming from when they say their expectations are actually being lowered by the lack of information being put out.
    (Also lemon saying early December didn't really seem like a set in stone date, as he said it probably not even two weeks before December began. If he really meant that time-frame, there would've been more elaboration on it)

In the long run though, there will still be change-logs starting back up when Desteria plus' beta launches; So look out for those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.