0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

I'm getting sick of waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRevir

Backpacker
Any Updates?
For the past 3 months, we have been waiting for Desteria plus to come out. The last estimated time of the release was the beginning of November and now coming into January there has been nothing. Not even a simple map reset to keep players active and involved in the community. All of the realms apart from Besen have been dead silent since the payout. Everyone that was any competition has left the server gone to other servers where they are getting more involved and don't look at coming back or just quitting for good.

Any action behind the scenes?
Ever since Mephen initially left everyone said that was the reason desteria plus hasn't come out on time. Now that he's back it seems if he didn't have that big of an impact on the production. Is there something going on preventing Desteria plus from coming out?

Any estimates?

Can we expect any update or release date within the next month? It's been an absurdly long wait for this release and I tried my best to keep patients but I feel like I need to step up and ask the questions in more depth that everyone has been asking, and wondering for the past few months. Can we expect Desteria plus within the next month, days; How long of a time increment on estimate will we have to wait for an update?

Wrap up.

Can we get any information on a very brode time of when this is update will come out? It would be nice to see something else with the realms happen if we aren't getting an update within the next month. Thanks for your time if you read all of this!

xRevir

Backpacker
If they aren't ready why would they give a date.
Im looking for an estimation they can see how the progress has been and compare it to the amount of work they have left and it could get them a very broad time area for the update.

Blacnova

Peasant
I was told by Minecraftpana that @xOmega said the 10th of January would be the release. Idk if this is true or not.

Savannah

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
I was told by Minecraftpana that @xOmega said the 10th of January would be the release. Idk if this is true or not.
That is absolutely not true. I’m not sure where anybody has been getting that number.

Corbin

Staff member
Event Team
An estimate would be nice
Im looking for an estimation they can see how the progress has been and compare it to the amount of work they have left and it could get them a very broad time area for the update.
Last time an estimation was given, a huge amount of backlash was received when not meeting the estimation due to some unforeseen event. I doubt another estimate will be given, in case something else happens further delaying the reset.
Ever since Mephen initially left everyone said that was the reason desteria plus hasn't come out on time. Now that he's back it seems if he didn't have that big of an impact on the production. Is there something going on preventing Desteria plus from coming out?
Plenty of action behind the scenes. Myself along with other members of the content team (and especially Omega) have been working on things for Desteria plus for weeks. Unfortunately, these things take time and it's not easy to, for example, rework the economy or come up with better/balanced kits in a day. You're not the only one that doesn't like the waiting but believe me its being worked on. As soon as we're close enough to set a deadline for release, Omega or Lemon will make an announcement about the planned 5 day beta period. I hope to see you there despite your troubles with waiting for Desteria Plus for so long.
Not even a simple map reset to keep players active and involved in the community. All of the realms apart from Besen have been dead silent since the payout. Everyone that was any competition has left the server gone to other servers where they are getting more involved and don't look at coming back or just quitting for good.
Just want to not here that a lot of players voted for the payout to be the last payout until Desteria Plus. However, I don't think they expected that the map take this long. Perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to suggest another payout.

Tabby

Nobility
The thing is, I feel the delay will factor in to how people perceive the reset when it comes out. It's gonna have to be really good to make this long wait feel fine. Omega wants to keep 'expectations low' but honestly with it being delayed for this long my expectations are higher. It better be ****ing amazing content with how long it's been delayed for.

Last edited:

Coconut

Explorer
The main problem with Desteria, but I don't think it will ever be fixed is that Desteria shares it's dev team with LemonCloud. This was a huge problem since the LemonCloud update was supposed to come out at a very similar time than Desteria Plus. This meant that all the devs were focused on LemonCloud since that's iLemon's baby, and not here. I really wish that Omega could choose the devs that work on Desteria since that would solve a lot of problems especially time ones.

Rob

Forest Guardian
Honestly, I don't give a sh*t about the delay. Desteria is on it's last leg so I mean regardless it better be good, I rather them do it well than it be a half-assed attempt. But to go on from what @Tabby said, there is NO EXCUSE at all to keep reminding about Desteria Plus and then to also say there should be low expectations. Because to say things should have low expectations, in this case, is really a way to say it's being pretty lame.

Onliest

Explorer
Any Updates?
For the past 3 months, we have been waiting for Desteria plus to come out. The last estimated time of the release was the beginning of November and now coming into January there has been nothing. Not even a simple map reset to keep players active and involved in the community. All of the realms apart from Besen have been dead silent since the payout. Everyone that was any competition has left the server gone to other servers where they are getting more involved and don't look at coming back or just quitting for good.

Any estimates?

Can we expect any update or release date within the next month? It's been an absurdly long wait for this release and I tried my best to keep patients but I feel like I need to step up and ask the questions in more depth that everyone has been asking, and wondering for the past few months. Can we expect Desteria plus within the next month, days; How long of a time increment on estimate will we have to wait for an update?

Wrap up.

Can we get any information on a very brode time of when this is update will come out? It would be nice to see something else with the realms happen if we aren't getting an update within the next month. Thanks for your time if you read all of this!
°▪°

Math666

Citizen
Last time an estimation was given, a huge amount of backlash was received when not meeting the estimation due to some unforeseen event. I doubt another estimate will be given, in case something else happens further delaying the reset.

Plenty of action behind the scenes. Myself along with other members of the content team (and especially Omega) have been working on things for Desteria plus for weeks. Unfortunately, these things take time and it's not easy to, for example, rework the economy or come up with better/balanced kits in a day. You're not the only one that doesn't like the waiting but believe me its being worked on. As soon as we're close enough to set a deadline for release, Omega or Lemon will make an announcement about the planned 5 day beta period. I hope to see you there despite your troubles with waiting for Desteria Plus for so long.

Just want to not here that a lot of players voted for the payout to be the last payout until Desteria Plus. However, I don't think they expected that the map take this long. Perhaps it would be a good idea for someone to suggest another payout.

Okay okay okay.

where do I get started!

Last time an estimate was given it wasn't really presented as an estimate, we were told that release we're to be AROUND this or that certain date and thats what really brought players to whine about it. There was no one that straight up told us that there was a possibility for the old so called estimate could be delayed so much.
FURTHER MORE
Which really ****ing triggers me we're not explained PUBLICLY why it has taken this long. I have loads of experience and factions eco and i can personally stick together a decent eco plan and as for kits i would be able to design those in the matter of a few hours.
Theres NO WAY that you're using this amount of time can be purely due to designs of contend. I refuse to believe that the staff team is this drained of knowledge to use months on basic spectrums of factions gameplay.

I did hear about some struggles with a dev that we're to be fired. and surely that's frustrating, but not telling us publicly and keeping it all behind locked doors makes a GIANT gap between what it means to be a regular player and what it means to be staff. Its simply not okay that we aint allowed to get more peaks of whats going on and i refuse to believe that the giant delay is purely due to the creation of contend taking time.
All of this is simply a sign of the desterian staff team lacking Motivation. Manpower and enthusiasm with the outcome of the content created.

Its not okay towards your community spitting whats left of the playerbase and the staff team up like this and its surely not alright to delay this upcoming ban reset this much. You couldve had 4 seasons with 200-300 players + on pr day if you had reset them already.

I've seen a lot from the desterian staff team. But truly and surely they never fail to disappoint me and the rest of its playerbase.

^^ Well they didn't expect the reset to be 3 months later or more did they eh? so I mean its totally just not cool, they shoulda had another mini reset, as you said "they didnt expect it to take so long" hell yeah man, 3 months is just terrible, and yes this is a business, if this keeps up Desteria is going to go from dead ---> Shutdown

Coconut

Explorer
Which really ****ing triggers me we're not explained PUBLICLY why it has taken this long.
The main problem with Desteria, but I don't think it will ever be fixed is that Desteria shares it's dev team with LemonCloud. This was a huge problem since the LemonCloud update was supposed to come out at a very similar time than Desteria Plus. This meant that all the devs were focused on LemonCloud since that's iLemon's baby, and not here. I really wish that Omega could choose the devs that work on Desteria since that would solve a lot of problems especially time ones.
That's your answer to mostly why it was delayed.

I refuse to believe that the staff team is this drained of knowledge to use months on basic spectrums of factions gameplay.
Helpers and recruits aren't told that much. I have no idea what mods, mentors and admins know though. Also, they're not allowed to say everything they want. Keep that in mind.

I did hear about some struggles with a dev that we're to be fired. and surely that's frustrating, but not telling us publicly and keeping it all behind locked doors makes a GIANT gap between what it means to be a regular player and what it means to be staff. Its simply not okay that we aint allowed to get more peaks of whats going on and i refuse to believe that the giant delay is purely due to the creation of contend taking time.
That's true I agree.

All of this is simply a sign of the desterian staff team lacking Motivation. Manpower and enthusiasm with the outcome of the content created.
That's not true. Most are really dedicated to the server. EVerything they do is just not made public, and this is why you probably get that impression.

Its not okay towards your community spitting whats left of the playerbase and the staff team up like this and its surely not alright to delay this upcoming ban reset this much. You couldve had 4 seasons with 200-300 players + on pr day if you had reset them already.
I'm not sure about that since the seasons would have been all the same, and that would make them very stale, and very boring.

Math666

Citizen
That's your answer to mostly why it was delayed.

Helpers and recruits aren't told that much. I have no idea what mods, mentors and admins know though. Also, they're not allowed to say everything they want. Keep that in mind.

That's true I agree.

That's not true. Most are really dedicated to the server. EVerything they do is just not made public, and this is why you probably get that impression.

I'm not sure about that since the seasons would have been all the same, and that would make them very stale, and very boring.

Ill start from the bottom.
The resets being boring wouldnt happen if a ban reset were to be happening.
A LOOOT of competitivity would appear and the player count would rise
[doublepost=1546367138,1546367086][/doublepost]About the lemon cloud thingy.

its simply just not okay

Blacnova

Peasant
Ill start from the bottom.
The resets being boring wouldnt happen if a ban reset were to be happening.
A LOOOT of competitivity would appear and the player count would rise
[doublepost=1546367138,1546367086][/doublepost]About the lemon cloud thingy.

its simply just not okay
To be honest, a ban reset might not be the worst thing. Obviously not unbanning chargebackers as they directly hurt the server, but it might be worth looking into everyone else (maybe not hackers but idk).

Savannah

Recruit
Staff member
Recruit
To be honest, a ban reset might not be the worst thing. Obviously not unbanning chargebackers as they directly hurt the server, but it might be worth looking into everyone else (maybe not hackers but idk).
You may be in luck then, lol. I'm fairly certain the list is already created of who will not be unbanned.

Status
Not open for further replies.