Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

How to make a vault and NOT make the common mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuazzyDestroyer

Backpacker
Hey guys, over my time on desty I’ve seen many vaults, many mistakes, and many ways to make them better. Let’s start!

1. Using droppers
By far, the most common mistake I have seen is using a chest in an unclaimed vault. Why? X RAY! While x Ray is illegal, that doesn’t stop players from using it.
For those who don’t know, x ray allows people to see chests through the ground, quickly giving away the position of your hidden base in a few moments. Instead of using chests, use droppers! (Dispensers work too, but they are slightly more expensive with the same functionality) Most x ray resource packs filter out dispensers and droppers, concealing your base from cheating eyes

2. Nether vaults
Most people search for vaults in the overworld, so I recommend making a nether vault. Just do /nether and find a place not too close to nether spawn.

3. Positioning
If your vault is in the nether (or overworld) make sure not to build it at or close to bedrock- many people mine there and may accidentally come across your hidden valuables. And I think it goes without saying not to build a vault at ground level. Another tip: NEVER make an unclaimed sky base. I know that most people don’t walk around looking at the sky, but if they spawn anywhere except directly underneath it, they will see it in the distance, just like a person can see the top of a mountain (mabye not Everest) by looking forwards.
4. Torches
Most x Ray packs can still see torches, safer not to use them. An alternative is glowstone/sea lanterns, or you can download the FullBright mod- it is currently legal on desteria.
5.Lava
(Suggested by CowAF)
Most x Ray packs do NOT filter lava out, so if you use lava in your base for decoration x rayers WILL be able to see it. However, this can be exploited by covering your base with lava- it will block x rayers’ line of sight from seeing your valuables. Just make sure to make it seem natural like a lava lake or river so that cheaters pass over your vault.
6. Spawners/excess sppliances
NEVER put spawners in an unclaimed base, they are visible via f3 entity checks and the nametags can be seen too. Also, anything extra may be seen by a x-rayer, so leave out farms (for that use this guide: https://desteria.com/community/threads/the-best-way-to-make-your-first-base-or-a-quick-recruit-base.97012/ )

Thanks for reading until the end, let me know what tips you use to make your vaults more secure!

Last edited:

CowAF

Explorer
A very good way to conceal bases from xray is putting lava or water on the tops of the bases. Also make sure not to put item frames on your chest as they count as an entity.

Slaker47

Peasant
Dude you just explained everything that needed to be explained. I love factions. I am pretty good at the business part, money farming, xp farming, base or vault building but whenever I go to a nice vault or base and I see that it is unclaimed I just cant help but feel bad.

QuazzyDestroyer

Backpacker
Dude you just explained everything that needed to be explained. I love factions. I am pretty good at the business part, money farming, xp farming, base or vault building but whenever I go to a nice vault or base and I see that it is unclaimed I just cant help but feel bad.
Yea ikr
Or when there’s a claimed base with doors
[doublepost=1547869088,1547868995][/doublepost]Btw likes/+1’s on the main post is appreciated, it makes more people see it. U don’t have to tho, just if u want to

Jnf

Crusader
So when is the staff application going up? Because you try harding your ass off rn

Arpz

Overlord
Nice Guide! But a few video tutorials may make it more clear as to how to place droppers or lava in a certain way.

Realbois

Crusader
Holy ****, this is a really well crafted thread. Really well thought out, I can tell you took your time with it. Also the dropper part is ingenious- good job man with the steps and all.

I'll actually use this on Auren and possibly Caden, thanks buddy.

CowAF

Explorer
Holy ****, this is a really well crafted thread. Really well thought out, I can tell you took your time with it. Also the dropper part is ingenious- good job man with the steps and all.

I'll actually use this on Auren and possibly Caden, thanks buddy.
the droppers has been a thing for like a year or two now how do you not know this nub staff

Status
Not open for further replies.