Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

how bad this server became

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormerSage

Crusader
That was definitely lag, you get some hits in, but the enemy doesn't take knockback at all. As you're running away, you take three hits in succession faster than i-frames should allow.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
Performance is one of our top priorities at the moment. @Mephen has been working on a new server jar which we hope to release ASAP.

We could place temporary fixes on the server but that would mean most redstone contraptions and cannons would break - any performance flaws you see at the moment are due to ongoing raids or tnt trenching. We'll keep you updated and hope to deploy some optimizations tonight and over the weekend.

Ganp

Trailblazer
Performance is one of our top priorities at the moment. @Mephen has been working on a new server jar which we hope to release ASAP.

We could place temporary fixes on the server but that would mean most redstone contraptions and cannons would break - any performance flaws you see at the moment are due to ongoing raids or tnt trenching. We'll keep you updated and hope to deploy some optimizations tonight and over the weekend.
"working on a new server jar"
you said the same thing about the reset,and guess what? it took 3 months(or more)
no offense but you guys are not effective and to be honest it doesnt seems like its in your priorities list
the server been like that for a quite long time,we lag so hard at koth(team fights) and yet no one did **** yet,people literally fly some times at koth.
its not just because of the tnt/cannons

Onliest

Explorer
so the server always lag nowadays,can barely pvp
now look at this ****
https://gyazo.com/7ed92fe73349255f946a10aa33b78633
@Omega
@Mephen please dont say its me and please dont use the tps excuse because they are literally bullshit
just do something with the server because everytime theres a team fight the server is getting ****ed
what hud is that
[doublepost=1549665695,1549665522][/doublepost]
"working on a new server jar"
you said the same thing about the reset,and guess what? it took 3 months(or more)
no offense but you guys are not effective and to be honest it doesnt seems like its in your priorities list
the server been like that for a quite long time,we lag so hard at koth(team fights) and yet no one did **** yet,people literally fly some times at koth.
its not just because of the tnt/cannons
i'm going to have to agree on this one as well. In 11.0 we did a massive raid and had a pretty good sized fight with around 15 players total. We had a couple fights and the first fight was terrible, there was no cannoning going on at first. We were just sitting at the bottom of their base. We literally waited so long for hits to start registering most of us kind of just gave up and ended up just joining their discord and messing around near their base (with their faction, might I add). This game them time to remove all their spawners, which totally ruined the raid.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
"working on a new server jar"its not just because of the tnt/cannons
I can confirm that tnt/cannons are the cause of any existing lag.

Everything else (other than redstone/tnt) is optimized and the server runs 20tps @ 300 players.

Just to reassure you, cannon fixes and making sure they don't affect performance is our top priority, just above finishing prestiges, quests and some other small tasks.

@Mephen has made significant progress with "LemonSpigot", the new jar we'll be running. As a bonus we've also added the following to it:
  • Async Hit Detection Packets
  • Kohi Knockback Values
Even if it seems like we're not doing anything, there's a lot going on development-wise.

We'll see about @Mephen posting a developer post to go into more detail about this.

Ganp

Trailblazer
what hud is that
[doublepost=1549665695,1549665522][/doublepost]
i'm going to have to agree on this one as well. In 11.0 we did a massive raid and had a pretty good sized fight with around 15 players total. We had a couple fights and the first fight was terrible, there was no cannoning going on at first. We were just sitting at the bottom of their base. We literally waited so long for hits to start registering most of us kind of just gave up and ended up just joining their discord and messing around near their base (with their faction, might I add). This game them time to remove all their spawners, which totally ruined the raid.
im using badlion cli
[doublepost=1549668895][/doublepost]

Everything else (other than redstone/tnt) is optimized and the server runs 20tps @ 300 players.

Just to reassure you, cannon fixes and making sure they don't affect performance is our top priority, just above finishing prestiges, quests and some other small tasks.

@Mephen has made significant progress with "LemonSpigot", the new jar we'll be running. As a bonus we've also added the following to it:
  • Async Hit Detection Packets
  • Kohi Knockback Values
Even if it seems like we're not doing anything, there's a lot going on development-wise.

We'll see about @Mephen posting a developer post to go into more detail about this.
the tps are spoofed,its been like that since ever

BrickMasterRaj

Crusader

Just curious, were these values taken during a period of heavy cannoning? I’d be more interested in seeing a spark report, to see where the lag is being generated from, as none of the above values actually indicate 20 tps.

iLemon

Desteria Owner
Staff member
Owner
Just curious, were these values taken during a period of heavy cannoning? I’d be more interested in seeing a spark report, to see where the lag is being generated from, as none of the above values actually indicate 20 tps.
Those values were just taken as I posted, so there were no intensive raids ongoing. We're running a java profiler and as I've mentioned, @Mephen is working on it!

BrickMasterRaj

Crusader
Those values were just taken as I posted, so there were no intensive raids ongoing. We're running a java profiler and as I've mentioned, @Mephen is working on it!
Gotcha. The issue (as I see it) is that you are already maximizing the main thread before tnt or intense pvp even starts. No matter the tnt/redstone optimizations (since those are required to be run on the main thread), you have already hit capacity before they even start (the main thread currently isn’t getting any sleep time), so you can lessen the impact but not fix it.

I know @Mephen is just one person, but it may be worth it to go through all of the plugins you have access to the base code on and pull as much into async threads as you reasonably can. Since it appears that the bottleneck has already presented itself prior to some of the more resource heavy activities, the new optimizations may have limited efficacy.

Not trying to give you a hard time or anything, just trying to point you towards what could be a bigger issue.

gucci

Overlord
@iLemon koths and massive team fights (literally 60+ players within a very small area) were pretty seamless, almost perfect (sometimes) back in 8.0 and previous to that. what happened since?

Status
Not open for further replies.