Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Goodbye Desteria

August

Crusader
As someone that played on FateMC with Ambushment and co, before coming to Desteria on day 1, and then becoming staff... I don't remember any early times where Desteria was remotely close to this. Sure, there were more than a few occasions where everyone was kind of unhappy with the current state and agreed gameplay was stale and improvements were dismal. However, in the time that I've played, there wasn't ever a time when it was this bleak, including the server being shut down for 4 months. To be fair, I did stop playing for a reasonable while but I still did check-in repeatedly, and I don't remember there being any occasion where: I was the only person on the forums (as I have on nearly every occasion for the last 2-3 months), there was a long-term server shut down, or where every single recently posted on thread was related to "RIP Desteria", "Goodbye Desteria", "Will Desteria be coming back".

And Desteria was released publicly on February 1st, 2014. So, yes, it has had a long run, though it's been out of its glory days for quite some time.
It's been quite a long time though I doubt you remember me. We played FateMC together way back in the day.

As for its glory days, I think glory days will always be subjective to the amazing childhood we had back then.
Post automatically merged:

Alex8120's legacy is finally coming to an end. It's been a long 10 years.
Another old face from all the way back then, it's crazy how even now we all come back here. At least the few of us.

Unseen_Pro

Nobility
It's been quite a long time though I doubt you remember me. We played FateMC together way back in the day.

As for its glory days, I think glory days will always be subjective to the amazing childhood we had back then.
Post automatically merged:

Another old face from all the way back then, it's crazy how even now we all come back here. At least the few of us.
To be honest, I hardly remember many people from Fate, mostly because I didn't talk in the chat very much, and was in a 2 person faction with a homie (Ballista, if you remember him). But, I do definitely remember you from the earlier Desteria days. Kind of hard to not recognize the name PoorlyLyric and Vital_Vyre in the early days of Desteria :p Didn't know it was you until going to your profile though, not gonna lie.

And yeah, subjectively, early Desteria hasn't been topped ever. For me, it was almost 100% the community and staff, best of both it ever had (no bias on my views of staff at that time, don't know what you're talking about). But objectively too, pretty sure 3.0-4.0 roughly was the Desteria peak. I think that's about where traffic peaked, though I'll admit, I don't actually know specifically.

Miyah

Explorer
desteria was never competitive unless you look at when they put out drego which even then it was just ran by pirates for free payout and was hardly even comp lmao. besen was just the realm where the best players played and it was always just like at most 4 factions fighting it out for the first 2 weeks then the last one standing just held the map down for the next month or 2 while it died out. this server reopening to factions in my eyes will literally just be old players hopping on to chat and pvp. idk if you were around the last year it was open but it has just been downhill since then and ilemon has literally been nonexistant even before he closed it down.
You're not wrong, Besen was dope but after around my freshman year, everyone stopped playing. People lost interest and even then it was not as competitive as like 5.0-8.0 desty.

August

Crusader
i am here, the equilizer
and august is wrong lol
L
TERRIBLE CANNONER LEARN TO PLAY
To be honest, I hardly remember many people from Fate, mostly because I didn't talk in the chat very much, and was in a 2 person faction with a homie (Ballista, if you remember him). But, I do definitely remember you from the earlier Desteria days. Kind of hard to not recognize the name PoorlyLyric and Vital_Vyre in the early days of Desteria :p Didn't know it was you until going to your profile though, not gonna lie.

And yeah, subjectively, early Desteria hasn't been topped ever. For me, it was almost 100% the community and staff, best of both it ever had (no bias on my views of staff at that time, don't know what you're talking about). But objectively too, pretty sure 3.0-4.0 roughly was the Desteria peak. I think that's about where traffic peaked, though I'll admit, I don't actually know specifically.
I remember Ballista, seeing these names is so nostalgic.

Desteria I think hit 3000 players back then in 3.0, it was pretty impressive. I think we've hit numbers higher than that though, I'm unsure.

What I mean by subjectively is that in the eyes of us when we were children, do you think that if that time period existed now, we would see the servers under the same light?

For me, FateMC will always be the highlight of my time on this game, just because when I was a child that's all I would play, even though the server was riddled with flaws. Desteria is that for you, I suppose. (Not to say that Desteria isn't my second favorite highlight, because this server will always be in my childhood) I'm sure the time we spent on this game and on these servers is something we'll remember for life, even if it's just vaguely.

Kieran

Nobility

Desteria I think hit 3000 players back then in 3.0, it was pretty impressive. I think we've hit numbers higher than that though, I'm unsure.

What I mean by subjectively is that in the eyes of us when we were children, do you think that if that time period existed now, we would see the servers under the same light?

For me, FateMC will always be the highlight of my time on this game, just because when I was a child that's all I would play, even though the server was riddled with flaws. Desteria is that for you, I suppose. (Not to say that Desteria isn't my second favorite highlight, because this server will always be in my childhood) I'm sure the time we spent on this game and on these servers is something we'll remember for life, even if it's just vaguely.
Desteria peaked with the release of 3.0 which saw more than nearly 3100+ players online at once. Since then the server never went any higher but the odd once or twice close with a new release but back then factions wasn't a huge thing. People didn't know how to make full on cannons, people was building a 7 wall base from bedrock to skylimit and took ages to raid back in the day.

lahmayo

Crusader
You're not wrong, Besen was dope but after around my freshman year, everyone stopped playing. People lost interest and even then it was not as competitive as like 5.0-8.0 desty.
definitely not. a year after abc realms released it was back to the same 200 player server with 50 ppl on each realm and maybe 100 on the realm that just reset. but like i said it was just like 4 good factions fighting for the first 2-3 weeks then the last one standing held the map down until reset while every other fac quit.

Unseen_Pro

Nobility

Mmm, honestly, if there was enough of a community here and that I was able to connect with people in a similar way to the way that I did before, I do believe that I probably would see it in much the same light. Personally, the vast majority of my time here I didn't play for the gameplay in the slightest, just the people. For the last number of months that I played, almost all of the gameplay time was spent standing around AFK in base or spawn or jumping around on things. And yeah, I definitely knew the server was riddled with bugs at the time, I spent several hundred hours at least debating and trying to find fixes with Ballista, Tea, Reability, Talora, and a number of other people... I definitely cared about the bugs/issues but not cause it bothered me gameplay-wise. I solely cared about the community and talking to people. Desteria could have honestly just been a black screen to text people on and I still would have spent hours on it. There were so many people that I grew to genuinely care about (and I still do for a number of them, even though it's been over half a decade since talking to many of them). So yeah, I'd see the servers under the same light if it were still here today, if I still enjoyed the people. But that fits your point still though. Most of those people have move on as well, and the community won't ever be the same, and so I (nor you) will ever see it as the glory days, solely because our friends are gone.

lahmayo

Crusader
Mmm, honestly, if there was enough of a community here and that I was able to connect with people in a similar way to the way that I did before, I do believe that I probably would see it in much the same light. Personally, the vast majority of my time here I didn't play for the gameplay in the slightest, just the people. For the last number of months that I played, almost all of the gameplay time was spent standing around AFK in base or spawn or jumping around on things. And yeah, I definitely knew the server was riddled with bugs at the time, I spent several hundred hours at least debating and trying to find fixes with Ballista, Tea, Reability, Talora, and a number of other people... I definitely cared about the bugs/issues but not cause it bothered me gameplay-wise. I solely cared about the community and talking to people. Desteria could have honestly just been a black screen to text people on and I still would have spent hours on it. There were so many people that I grew to genuinely care about (and I still do for a number of them, even though it's been over half a decade since talking to many of them). So yeah, I'd see the servers under the same light if it were still here today, if I still enjoyed the people. But that fits your point still though. Most of those people have move on as well, and the community won't ever be the same, and so I (nor you) will ever see it as the glory days, solely because our friends are gone.
deep

NickCanadian

Backpacker
.. ?
xXPoorlylyricXx
Vital_Vyre
DOMBUH
I've played SINCE beta 1.0 lol.

There has been multiple times in the past where this has happened, particularly last time Mojang had to update their EULA and factions underwent revamp across all servers to compensate for it.
Then you should know alex never closed the server for more than 3 days and this has been 4months lmfao

lahmayo

Crusader
??????????????
that statement alone is absurd. I don't even have to explain why that isn't true.
either way lemon didn't close because the buycraft closed way before that when the server was completely dead and then like 2 months after closing it he makes a post saying he can't do buycraft anymore.

Rain

Overlord
either way lemon didn't close because the buycraft closed way before that when the server was completely dead and then like 2 months after closing it he makes a post saying he can't do buycraft anymore.
they stopped resetting realms back in august bro, last one was in september then officially closed down in feb so its been completley dead way before lol

Onliest

Trailblazer
My words are empty? Everything on this forum was speculation, you act like your words are any more factual than mine. Until there is an official post, both of our words are empty.
Empty words , you know I’m right the server isn’t coming back
alr cmon guys it's not that big of a deal, let's get together and make out
edit: make up* but we can do both ;)

August

Crusader
Hello not dombuh
i am indeed dombuh
also for anyone who might find this post and knows me, im leaving for army basic training tomorrow, its been good. hopefully when im back the server is figured out. best of luck to all of you who are growing up and going into college, its been one hell of an experience.