Menu

1,187 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Goodbye Desteria

Rotorial

Citizen
At this point we all know Desteria is at it's end. It most likely won't be coming back anytime soon. The forums and store will go down soon and Skyblock will never release. I think it's time we just accept that and have one final goodbye to Desteria?

Goodbye Desteria :(

August

Crusader
trust me man, as someone who has played since beta 1.0, the likelihood of the server dying even under these circumstances is slim. If it does, I'll be pretty surprised. Just realize at one point, it seemed a ton more hopeless than it does right now.

lahmayo

Crusader
trust me man, as someone who has played since beta 1.0, the likelihood of the server dying even under these circumstances is slim. If it does, I'll be pretty surprised. Just realize at one point, it seemed a ton more hopeless than it does right now.
when was it this hopeless lol

NickCanadian

Backpacker
You havent played since 1.0, I have and its never been this bad

August

Crusader
You havent played since 1.0, I have and its never been this bad
.. ?
xXPoorlylyricXx
Vital_Vyre
DOMBUH
I've played SINCE beta 1.0 lol.
when was it this hopeless lol
There has been multiple times in the past where this has happened, particularly last time Mojang had to update their EULA and factions underwent revamp across all servers to compensate for it.

lahmayo

Crusader
.. ?
xXPoorlylyricXx
Vital_Vyre
DOMBUH

There has been multiple times in the past where this has happened, particularly last time Mojang had to update their EULA and factions underwent revamp across all servers to compensate for it.
desteria straight up just shutdown without reason though and no talk of it coming back. last time it was this dead they had a plan for abc realms and revived it. there's no talk of anything coming

August

Crusader
desteria straight up just shutdown without reason though and no talk of it coming back. last time it was this dead they had a plan for abc realms and revived it. there's no talk of anything coming
Theres no talk of it coming back being put forward. Right now they have to evaluate what's going to bring back the player count, and how they are going to work around the new EULA change. Putting out official statements and then going back on them looks worse than not saying a plan at all. While neither is favorable, putting out a statement saying this and that will happen, and then that not happening, will not benefit the server in any way whatsoever.

Onliest

Trailblazer
Theres no talk of it coming back being put forward. Right now they have to evaluate what's going to bring back the player count, and how they are going to work around the new EULA change. Putting out official statements and then going back on them looks worse than not saying a plan at all. While neither is favorable, putting out a statement saying this and that will happen, and then that not happening, will not benefit the server in any way whatsoever.
this was a stupid ****ing reply. they've had since february to "figure things out". i'm sure they have something concrete, however their skill of communication has ALWAYS been lacking. and to say that communicating wouldn't benefit the server is ****ing dumb. i shouldn't even have to explain why.
Post automatically merged:

.. ?
xXPoorlylyricXx
Vital_Vyre
DOMBUH

also, i remember you DOMBUH. i remember seeing you in theos from time to time back in 3.0

August

Crusader
this was a stupid ****ing reply. they've had since february to "figure things out". i'm sure they have something concrete, however their skill of communication has ALWAYS been lacking. and to say that communicating wouldn't benefit the server is ****ing dumb. i shouldn't even have to explain why.
lol my man, if you played during 3.0 then you would know that they had communications down for MUCH longer than the few months its been since February. This is most definitely not the longest it's ever taken, and no, during this time period for factions servers in general NOTHING is concrete. Vanity hasn't even released their factions during the biggest time of the year for them, this is a reoccurring theme for major faction servers. No one said that communicating wouldn't help the server, but putting out an official statement to go back upon it is not beneficial, that's the exact opposite. Not to mention that the last official post on this forums made by iLemon was only in April, regarding the EULA. If you wanted them to make an official post, what would it say? "Oh hey guys, we're still working on figuring out what the **** we're gonna do, but in the mean time keep *****ing at us because we still don't know." Do you think they are oblivious? And do you think that after all the money that iLemon has made between his two servers that he'll genuinely just abandon his projects?

lahmayo

Crusader
lol my man, if you played during 3.0 then you would know that they had communications down for MUCH longer than the few months its been since February. This is most definitely not the longest it's ever taken, and no, during this time period for factions servers in general NOTHING is concrete. Vanity hasn't even released their factions during the biggest time of the year for them, this is a reoccurring theme for major faction servers. No one said that communicating wouldn't help the server, but putting out an official statement to go back upon it is not beneficial, that's the exact opposite. Not to mention that the last official post on this forums made by iLemon was only in April, regarding the EULA. If you wanted them to make an official post, what would it say? "Oh hey guys, we're still working on figuring out what the **** we're gonna do, but in the mean time keep *****ing at us because we still don't know." Do you think they are oblivious? And do you think that after all the money that iLemon has made between his two servers that he'll genuinely just abandon his projects?
this isnt vanity though. this **** has been a casual factions server for the past 2 years and it's not like it just randomly shutdown. the last 5 months of the server was averaging maybe 50 players at a time and like 10-15 on each realm. i honestly do think lemon will abandon this project considering it's just slowly been dying out with 0 changes for the past year or 2. it dwindled into nothing and they finally decided to close it with no definite future. it's been months of nothing what makes you think they're cooking something up behind the scenes when the admins and mods dont even give a **** anymore.

Onliest

Trailblazer
this isnt vanity though. this **** has been a casual factions server for the past 2 years and it's not like it just randomly shutdown. the last 5 months of the server was averaging maybe 50 players at a time and like 10-15 on each realm. i honestly do think lemon will abandon this project considering it's just slowly been dying out with 0 changes for the past year or 2. it dwindled into nothing and they finally decided to close it with no definite future. it's been months of nothing what makes you think they're cooking something up behind the scenes when the admins and mods dont even give a **** anymore.
TRUE! i can't even remember the last time i saw an admin online even when the server WAS up. during the times when it netted 10-15 people the server averaged probably 1 mod on for 5 minutes a month.

August

Crusader
Desteria has always been considered a "casual" factions server, but that doesn't mean it's not a factions server. The new EULA affects all faction servers, not just the competitive ones. Not to mention Desteria was actually becoming halfway between competitive and casual, once they started giving cash payouts, it became a more competitive server, at least on Besen. The dwindling player base is indeed what caused the server to shutdown, but the prolonged shutdown is not to the fault of a lack of a player base, its the EULA and likely that iLemon has another server to focus on during this.

Why would I say that iLemon is not abandoning this? He's still paying for the server to be kept up, as well as the buycraft page, as well as the forums page, as well as the fact they paid builders for new warps as seen in the official post made before the latest one. There has been no official statement regarding the server shutting down, it's always the same assumptions made by players which has always been consistent historically with the server. I can tell you from experience that from the 4-5 times that this has happened in the past, it's not how it seems.

Also, with the dwindling player base aforementioned there would likely be a staff shortage, which is also a fault to as why the server had to shutdown along with it's development moving forward. Admins and mods are not needed at this time, if they are even still apart of the staff team. I would probably recommend speaking to any active admin or a mod regarding the development to solidify this and you could get a more concrete answer than what I'm saying here. Any statement made by them is far more useful than simple speculation.

Desteria has always been considered a "casual" factions server, but that doesn't mean it's not a factions server. The new EULA affects all faction servers, not just the competitive ones. Not to mention Desteria was actually becoming halfway between competitive and casual, once they started giving cash payouts, it became a more competitive server, at least on Besen. The dwindling player base is indeed what caused the server to shutdown, but the prolonged shutdown is not to the fault of a lack of a player base, its the EULA and likely that iLemon has another server to focus on during this.

Why would I say that iLemon is not abandoning this? He's still paying for the server to be kept up, as well as the buycraft page, as well as the forums page, as well as the fact they paid builders for new warps as seen in the official post made before the latest one. There has been no official statement regarding the server shutting down, it's always the same assumptions made by players which has always been consistent historically with the server. I can tell you from experience that from the 4-5 times that this has happened in the past, it's not how it seems.

Also, with the dwindling player base aforementioned there would likely be a staff shortage, which is also a fault to as why the server had to shutdown along with it's development moving forward. Admins and mods are not needed at this time, if they are even still apart of the staff team. I would probably recommend speaking to any active admin or a mod regarding the development to solidify this and you could get a more concrete answer than what I'm saying here. Any statement made by them is far more useful than simple speculation.
He doesn't want to **** you bro xx

lahmayo

Crusader

desteria was never competitive unless you look at when they put out drego which even then it was just ran by pirates for free payout and was hardly even comp lmao. besen was just the realm where the best players played and it was always just like at most 4 factions fighting it out for the first 2 weeks then the last one standing just held the map down for the next month or 2 while it died out. this server reopening to factions in my eyes will literally just be old players hopping on to chat and pvp. idk if you were around the last year it was open but it has just been downhill since then and ilemon has literally been nonexistant even before he closed it down.

August

Crusader
desteria was never competitive unless you look at when they put out drego which even then it was just ran by pirates for free payout and was hardly even comp lmao. besen was just the realm where the best players played and it was always just like at most 4 factions fighting it out for the first 2 weeks then the last one standing just held the map down for the next month or 2 while it died out. this server reopening to factions in my eyes will literally just be old players hopping on to chat and pvp. idk if you were around the last year it was open but it has just been downhill since then and ilemon has literally been nonexistant even before he closed it down.
by the very definition of the EULA, Desteria is considered a competitive server because of the fact it gives payouts. Hence why the EULA requires a overhaul. At the end of the day, this is all speculation, and we will see in time. I wouldn't be surprised if Desteria was reaching it's end, it's had quite a long journey looking back at it, I'm pretty sure it opened in February of 2012 or 2013, I'm unsure. Hopefully even if the server does shutdown, they keep the discord alive so that players may still communicate with each other for memory sake.

Unseen_Pro

Nobility
As someone that played on FateMC with Ambushment and co, before coming to Desteria on day 1, and then becoming staff... I don't remember any early times where Desteria was remotely close to this. Sure, there were more than a few occasions where everyone was kind of unhappy with the current state and agreed gameplay was stale and improvements were dismal. However, in the time that I've played, there wasn't ever a time when it was this bleak, including the server being shut down for 4 months. To be fair, I did stop playing for a reasonable while but I still did check-in repeatedly, and I don't remember there being any occasion where: I was the only person on the forums (as I have on nearly every occasion for the last 2-3 months), there was a long-term server shut down, or where every single recently posted on thread was related to "RIP Desteria", "Goodbye Desteria", "Will Desteria be coming back".

I wouldn't be surprised if Desteria was reaching it's end, it's had quite a long journey looking back at it, I'm pretty sure it opened in February of 2012 or 2013, I'm unsure.
And Desteria was released publicly on February 1st, 2014. So, yes, it has had a long run, though it's been out of its glory days for quite some time.