Gaming Headset

Lucy

Operator
Staff member
Operator
Event Team
Content Team
Hello there :)
Probably not the best place to ask about these kinds of things but I thought I'd give it a shot and see if any of you have some good ideas.
I need to buy a headset for someone and I was thinking of maybe going with a razer one?
My own headset is the razer kraken tournament edition and I'm fairly happy with that one:
Not sure if I should just get them the same one as well though?

As a small note: the person I'm buying this for does not listen to any music and only talks to one person ever on discord. Plays literally any game ever.

Narwhalogy

Crusader
I'd say so - Currently he only uses like errr, crappy in-ear headphones and his laptop microphone.

I'm not buying my brother apple headphones.
Well, if you have an iPhone the ones that come with it. Of course don’t buy him one lol.

I use the man o war rarely and it’s actually really good if you only use discord. Just get him those

Onliest

Explorer
I'd say so - Currently he only uses like errr, crappy in-ear headphones and his laptop microphone.

I'm not buying my brother apple headphones.
Ahh yeah I don't know then. I was going to suggest my headphones but I use a standalone microphone and only use them for audio. I've had my headphones for almost 8 years and they're still in good shape. The sound quality is normal, too.

Resurectionn

Backpacker
HyperX headsets are usually pretty good, used to have a cloud stinger, it lasted a full year for me which is surprising since I got it for 40 bucks. But yeah any of the HyperX clouds are good imo.
I'd really just look at youtube videos on reviews for headsets, usually the best way to do it. Don't listen to Unboxing Therapy though (he's kinda biased)

Mystah

Nobility

Logitech is always good these are my second pair I use when I dont want to use my noise cancelling headphones they are great and dont look ugly like every other headset, Ive never tried mic but most headset mics are the same for the most part so I wouldnt worry about that

ChiraqVillian

Overlord
If you want something wireless go with the Corsair Virtuoso, it looks clean and has the best mic for a wireless gaming headset from what I've heard.
Post automatically merged:

RandomFrankP (A well-respected tech YouTuber) has recently been doing a lot of top 5's of Gaming PC peripherals for the end of 2019 and he just uploaded one for headphones so you can watch it here :)

Last edited: