Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Fix the ****ing pot lag maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldLess

Trailblazer
I am so ****ing sick and tired of going to end and nether, throwing pots, and the, not registering at all. Its getting real ****ing annoying dying because pots dont work... Please ****ing fix. @iLemon @Mephen

Breweyy

Explorer
Or you could throw them at your feet!! And don't complain, I'm OCE with 389ms don't even get me started on potlag

Carbon

Helper
I think I read somewhere that ilemon and mephen are writing a new server jar that makes async pots? That would fix potlag.

Carbon

Helper
Shoot. Sorry, I was remembering wrong.
Thinking about it wtf would you need async hit detection for? We have never had issues with our hits not registering, have we? If your server can't handle pvp without custom enchants, then your server fails at something that you can do on a potatoe CPU like a raspberry pi.
I'm thinking that lemon doesn't actually know what hes talking about. Just probably slapped together some buzzwords to make it seem like he's doing something.
Even if you have issues with lag when people are pvping. Shipping the hit-code off to a new thread seems kinda stupid. It will just increase lag to register hits. Which actually might explain why potlag is a thing. If they're shipping off the pot-code to a new thread, then the server keeps moving forward while that thread runs the code separately from the server. If their server only has like.. I dunno 4 cores or something then it can only run 4 threads before it has to start thread management.

Last edited:

JMan

Ambassador
We have never had issues with our hits not registering, have we?
every 6 months or so.

It was particularly bad in 2015-2016. i imagine the patch from then hasnt survived until now. Detection has been pretty bad lately. especially on event for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.