Do you think KoTH needs a rework?

• Yes, Changes need to be made.

Votes: 30 88.2%
  • No, It's fine the way it is.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters

Childish

Overlord
There are so many issues with the current KoTH system.
In my opinion, the current arena isn't suitable for a KoTH event. The zone is way too small. People can avoid death bans by simply running a hundred blocks which just unnecessarily extends the duration of it (especially since this is just regular factions, not HCF). There are also multiple safe zones above spawn that are No-PvP zones that people run to. It's almost impossible to actually death ban someone in the arena without them running out of the KoTH zone.

KoTH is meant to be a competitive PvP event. If your faction is planning on contesting, it should either be:
a) Your faction kills everyone and captures KoTH
b) Your faction dies trying.
There should be no in-between. No running away to avoid a death ban. It kills the fun in everything.

Here are 2 different solutions to the issues.
1) Fix Nether:
There would have to be an immense amount of changes to the Nether. The first and most obvious one is to drastically increase the KoTH zone where you get death-banned. At the current state, it only takes 3 enderpearls to successfully pearl outside of the zone. That's way too small. The safe zones near spawn also must be removed as well. There is a tiny spot above the Nether spawn where PvP is disabled. So people would simply pearl up there when low on pots to avoid death. Both of these issues make it nearly impossible to actually death ban someone inside the KoTH zone.
The random structures and terrain above the capture point is also extremely annoying to deal with. People would just solo camp up there and rain debuffs on the entire stack, or just bow the stack repeatedly and there's really nothing anyone can do unless they send people up there to kill them but by that time, they're already gone and your whole stack is debuffed for over a minute.
TL;DR
- Increase KoTH Zone - (Maybe make it so that dying in the entire Nether while a KoTH is active warrants a death ban)?
- Remove Safezones - Literally takes 3 seconds to make a region above spawn to enable PvP
- Remove structures and terrain above KoTH

2) KoTH in End:
A simple solution is to switch KoTH to the End, and move NEX to the Nether. It would literally only take 5 minutes to setup. I'm aware that this is extremely unlikely to happen but it makes perfect sense. You can't run in the End and if someone dies, you could just death ban them from the whole End. This would also immensely decrease the amount of time KoTHs usually take to capture which is a good thing. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea.
Regarding NEX, You can just make the NEX spawn in the Colosseum (where KoTH takes place currently). Not to mention the NEX is literally a Wither (which is a Nether Boss). It just makes sense.

Last edited:

Childish

Overlord
theres a reason they got rid of end koth, its over too quick -1
The End KoTH idea was just a quick solution. I would be happy with a Nether KoTH if they actually fix the current issues with it.
- It's almost impossible to death ban people without them running out of the zone.
- People are literally eating god apples during KoTH.
- The multiple safe-zones near spawn that you can't attack anyone in.
- Structures literally ABOVE the capture area where people can spam bow and debuff.
The list goes on...

Not too sure about you, but I don't enjoy sitting in a 5x5 for over 2 hours straight due to the arena not being suitable for a proper KoTH

Rain

Nobility
+1, but another solution is to just have the entirety of the Nether a deathban region rather then a limited area, and that deathban would last the duration of KoTH. The same would go for god apples as some have been able to abuse a bug where you are able to gapple on the cap point, (This goes to your point made in your 2nd reply on the thread) disabling god apples in the nether until KoTH is done, or at least have them disabled 500 blocks within the cap point.

+1 but the end arena is WAY too small. I suggest bringing the old 8.0 end arena and allowing pearls to be used in it. That would make Koth pretty fun.

Hitmaka

Explorer
Idk how this would change anything, as there is currently a bug where some players are able to avoid their deathban (when they die inside the arena) and keep on coming back. But I still agree. I'm tired of running players into lava or somethin and killing them only to have them come back. It gets old real quick

Coe

Backpacker
There are so many issues with the current KoTH system.
In my opinion, the current arena isn't suitable for a KoTH event. The zone is way too small. People can avoid death bans by simply running a hundred blocks which just unnecessarily extends the duration of it (especially since this is just regular factions, not HCF). There are also multiple safe zones above spawn that are No-PvP zones that people run to. It's almost impossible to actually death ban someone in the arena without them running out of the KoTH zone.

KoTH is meant to be a competitive PvP event. If your faction is planning on contesting, it should either be:
a) Your faction kills everyone and captures KoTH
b) Your faction dies trying.
There should be no in-between. No running away to avoid a death ban. It kills the fun in everything.

A simple solution is to switch KoTH to the End, and move NEX to the Nether. It would literally only take 5 minutes to setup. I'm aware that this is extremely unlikely to happen but it makes perfect sense. You can't run in the End and if someone dies, you could just death ban them from the whole End. This would also immensely decrease the amount of time KoTHs usually take to capture which is a good thing. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be a good idea.

Regarding NEX, You can just make the NEX spawn in the Colosseum (where KoTH takes place currently). Not to mention the NEX is literally a Wither (which is a Nether Boss). It just makes sense.

If not, at least change the Nether so it's more suitable for a KoTH because it's nearly unplayable at this point.
1v1 me

Mr5

Explorer
Move KoTH to /end, and make /end bigger, and make players not be able to jump back into the safe zone warp

Childish

Overlord
1) Fix Nether:
There would have to be an immense amount of changes to the Nether. The first and most obvious one is to drastically increase the KoTH zone where you get death-banned. At the current state, it only takes 3 enderpearls to successfully pearl outside of the zone. That's way too small. The safe zones near spawn also must be removed as well. There is a tiny spot above the Nether spawn where PvP is disabled. So people would simply pearl up there when low on pots to avoid death. Both of these issues make it nearly impossible to actually death ban someone inside the KoTH zone.
The random structures and terrain above the capture point is also extremely annoying to deal with. People would just solo camp up there and rain debuffs on the entire stack, or just bow the stack repeatedly and there's really nothing anyone can do unless they send people up there to kill them but by that time, they're already gone and your whole stack is debuffed for over a minute.
TL;DR
- Increase KoTH Zone - (Maybe make it so that dying in the entire Nether while a KoTH is active warrants a death ban)?
- Remove Safezones - Literally takes 3 seconds to make a region above spawn to enable PvP
- Remove structures and terrain above KoTH
Added a new section to the thread on how they could improve the Nether in case some people disagree with moving KoTH to the End. The point of this thread was to address the issues with KoTH. As long as they fix the current issues, I would be happy with it remaining in the Nether.

Dovy

Peasant
The End KoTH idea was just a quick solution. I would be happy with a Nether KoTH if they actually fix the current issues with it.
- It's almost impossible to death ban people without them running out of the zone.
- People are literally eating god apples during KoTH.
- The multiple safe-zones near spawn that you can't attack anyone in.
- Structures literally ABOVE the capture area where people can spam bow and debuff.
The list goes on...

Not too sure about you, but I don't enjoy sitting in a 5x5 for over 2 hours straight due to the arena not being suitable for a proper KoTH
No offense but there’s no way people waste their time trying to cap koth for 2 hours...

GuildArts

Backpacker
They should just make a whole new KOTH arena with one single warp like the end. Or use the end but they should make the flat area bigger, it's too small for big group fights.

lahmayo

Trailblazer
They could just do a thing where the arena has a zone and when you're combat logged you can't leave (glass on the outline of the koth arena that goes away once your pvp timer is up) it's how most hcf servers work so you cant just run into spawn and use it as a safe zone. Make it like 30 seconds at least before being able to leave
[doublepost=1555450596,1555450507][/doublepost]
+1, but another solution is to just have the entirety of the Nether a deathban region rather then a limited area, and that deathban would last the duration of KoTH. The same would go for god apples as some have been able to abuse a bug where you are able to gapple on the cap point, (This goes to your point made in your 2nd reply on the thread) disabling god apples in the nether until KoTH is done, or at least have them disabled 500 blocks within the cap point.
people shouldn't be able to just run from koth forever. it should be if you decide to walk in you can't leave if you're being attacked. Running away is the reason desteria pvp is so **** on factions.