Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Desteria Plus | Progress Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

cociane

Peasant
I’m pretty sure everyone is happy just to hear from staff. But maybe next time release the list of those unbanned

With KOTHs occurring every day, I don't think ranks would be a good reward.
Ahh... I see your point, but maybe have certain larger KOTHs that can give ranks? Like maybe there would be a 10% chance rank KOTH that would happen once a week?
[doublepost=1545872618,1545872585][/doublepost]
I’m pretty sure everyone is happy just to hear from staff. But maybe next time release the list of those unbanned
Yeah that would be useful.

Lucy

Staff member
Event Team
Content Team
I love the ideas, feel like this can bring the server back up! When is the estimated time of reset?
No estimate is being given as of now. They don't want players being disappointed again when they can't meet the estimated date.
We'll just have to wait patiently but by the looks of it, things are rounding up :).

Braydan

Peasant
Greetings Desterians!
You have all been patiently waiting for Desteria Plus to release, and while this isn't the post for that, it is a huge step forward for progress updates. I wanted to make sure that we were well on our way to releasing before I gave out anymore information in the unlikely event that we missed our estimate again. That being said, this STILL isn't set in stone, so please take it with a grain of salt - but we're making pretty good progress so I'm fairly confident with our schedule.

Please understand that I'm releasing all of this in the hopes that you understand we aren't just doing nothing and while it may not seem like it, I am trying to keep communication open as much as I can without also breaking the NDA I've signed. We're working hard in the background to make sure this content is enjoyable for all of you. I understand that we'll probably release later than a lot of people will like, but it's because I want to make sure that when we DO release....it's actually good content instead of some half-assed slapped together batch of content that is full of bugs and just makes it all a horrible experience. That's something I'd like to avoid above anything else. I'll take the heat for delaying Desteria Plus for that reason. I'm totally okay with that.

Full Disclaimer: Any and all of this information could change before release, so do not consider this set-in-stone information as we continue to change things occasionally based on whether or not it's possible through plugins or just no longer makes sense. I want to make sure you know this is based on what I currently know, and if that changes in the future, the content may change as well; essentially voiding this information as valid. With that being said, let me show you what we've been working on.

Faction Upgrades
As you've probably seen from the little teaser photo I've released alongside what Lemon has posted, we're including Faction Upgrades into Desteria Plus. It currently features 5 tiers, each increasing the faction bank cap as well as unlocking perks as you climb up the tiers. Each upgrade costs experience (pulls from all faction members at a low percentage) and money that you can donate to the faction. As a fair warning, this is not a tried-and-true 100% never-changing system. I have a lot of ideas and propositions on how to change up the way it's implemented to make it better. However, due to obvious time constraints, we're going to push forward with this first version and build on it in future content updates.

The current perks we've been working on are fire resistance and strength (in faction land), increased experience gain, better crop growth and mob spawner rates (in claimed land) that stacks with outposts. I'd love to be able to include other potion effects and additional perks as well in the future. I've left some perks out since we're still working on getting them to work properly.

Quests
We're bringing quests onto Desteria! Now before you get too excited, this rendition of quests has a particular goal to show off the content that Desteria has to offer. For example, one of the quests will ask you to hold an Outpost for a certain amount of time which shows off one of our features. We're also working on creating a plethora of quests that will show up so it doesn't get too repetitive over the course of time. This is something else I will want to keep evolving into new areas. It'll be a constant adjustment in regards to what quests we offer and the rewards we give out for achieving your goal. Please keep this in mind when you experience the quests that will be offered during Beta. It's a start and it's something new for us, so it'll be a huge learning experience while we tweak it and attempt to keep it interesting for you.

New KoTH Schedule
While I was reviewing a lot of your suggestions, I came across KoTH as a subject. Needless to say, I was baffled that we only ran a few KoTH's a week - so I've gone and changed that for Desteria Plus. The new schedule will feature a KoTH every single day (alternating between US and UK time zones) and twice a day on weekends to cater to Australia times as well. We'll be removing keys from the KoTH rewards and replacing it with a highly requested item instead.

Class Progression System
After reviewing the classes, their kits, and the way you progress through the entire system, I decided to re-incorporate levels into the mix. I remember back in the day it used to be two separate systems, but we're working towards intertwining both levels and class ranks into a single, complete, linear progression. Commands have been level locked in this system so you unlock commands as you progress every few levels instead of a bunch all at once. My hope is that you'll become more familiar with each command instead of ignoring a large list with all the commands at once. The order in which you unlock these commands can always be changed so feel free to make suggestions during the Beta. The kits and the prestige system have also been revamped to make more sense (up for debate, obviously).

There is definitely more to come, but I don't want to give away TOO much. I'd like there to be some sense of surprise and excitement for the Beta, and hopefully this answers a lot of questions that I've seen people asking. I'm personally really ecstatic about Desteria Plus and I truly hope this is a direction you're excited to see us move towards. No matter how you feel about it, I do want to encourage you to speak up and let us know (in a potentially helpful way if possible) what we're succeeding in or how we can improve. If you'd rather keep it private, my Discord is always open and you're more than welcome to send me a message.

Change doesn't come overnight and it's never done by a single person. I need the entire community to help me out if we truly want this to be a giant success. I understand it's difficult to stand behind something that has failed you on many occasions, but I want to ask for your support (either in the form of criticism or actual help) for Desteria Plus. Here's to an awesomely productive week and a Beta coming soon!

Cheers,
Omega | Man
[doublepost=1546333671,1546333578][/doublepost]
Greetings Desterians!
You have all been patiently waiting for Desteria Plus to release, and while this isn't the post for that, it is a huge step forward for progress updates. I wanted to make sure that we were well on our way to releasing before I gave out anymore information in the unlikely event that we missed our estimate again. That being said, this STILL isn't set in stone, so please take it with a grain of salt - but we're making pretty good progress so I'm fairly confident with our schedule.

Please understand that I'm releasing all of this in the hopes that you understand we aren't just doing nothing and while it may not seem like it, I am trying to keep communication open as much as I can without also breaking the NDA I've signed. We're working hard in the background to make sure this content is enjoyable for all of you. I understand that we'll probably release later than a lot of people will like, but it's because I want to make sure that when we DO release....it's actually good content instead of some half-assed slapped together batch of content that is full of bugs and just makes it all a horrible experience. That's something I'd like to avoid above anything else. I'll take the heat for delaying Desteria Plus for that reason. I'm totally okay with that.

Full Disclaimer: Any and all of this information could change before release, so do not consider this set-in-stone information as we continue to change things occasionally based on whether or not it's possible through plugins or just no longer makes sense. I want to make sure you know this is based on what I currently know, and if that changes in the future, the content may change as well; essentially voiding this information as valid. With that being said, let me show you what we've been working on.

Faction Upgrades
As you've probably seen from the little teaser photo I've released alongside what Lemon has posted, we're including Faction Upgrades into Desteria Plus. It currently features 5 tiers, each increasing the faction bank cap as well as unlocking perks as you climb up the tiers. Each upgrade costs experience (pulls from all faction members at a low percentage) and money that you can donate to the faction. As a fair warning, this is not a tried-and-true 100% never-changing system. I have a lot of ideas and propositions on how to change up the way it's implemented to make it better. However, due to obvious time constraints, we're going to push forward with this first version and build on it in future content updates.

The current perks we've been working on are fire resistance and strength (in faction land), increased experience gain, better crop growth and mob spawner rates (in claimed land) that stacks with outposts. I'd love to be able to include other potion effects and additional perks as well in the future. I've left some perks out since we're still working on getting them to work properly.

Quests
We're bringing quests onto Desteria! Now before you get too excited, this rendition of quests has a particular goal to show off the content that Desteria has to offer. For example, one of the quests will ask you to hold an Outpost for a certain amount of time which shows off one of our features. We're also working on creating a plethora of quests that will show up so it doesn't get too repetitive over the course of time. This is something else I will want to keep evolving into new areas. It'll be a constant adjustment in regards to what quests we offer and the rewards we give out for achieving your goal. Please keep this in mind when you experience the quests that will be offered during Beta. It's a start and it's something new for us, so it'll be a huge learning experience while we tweak it and attempt to keep it interesting for you.

New KoTH Schedule
While I was reviewing a lot of your suggestions, I came across KoTH as a subject. Needless to say, I was baffled that we only ran a few KoTH's a week - so I've gone and changed that for Desteria Plus. The new schedule will feature a KoTH every single day (alternating between US and UK time zones) and twice a day on weekends to cater to Australia times as well. We'll be removing keys from the KoTH rewards and replacing it with a highly requested item instead.

Class Progression System
After reviewing the classes, their kits, and the way you progress through the entire system, I decided to re-incorporate levels into the mix. I remember back in the day it used to be two separate systems, but we're working towards intertwining both levels and class ranks into a single, complete, linear progression. Commands have been level locked in this system so you unlock commands as you progress every few levels instead of a bunch all at once. My hope is that you'll become more familiar with each command instead of ignoring a large list with all the commands at once. The order in which you unlock these commands can always be changed so feel free to make suggestions during the Beta. The kits and the prestige system have also been revamped to make more sense (up for debate, obviously).

There is definitely more to come, but I don't want to give away TOO much. I'd like there to be some sense of surprise and excitement for the Beta, and hopefully this answers a lot of questions that I've seen people asking. I'm personally really ecstatic about Desteria Plus and I truly hope this is a direction you're excited to see us move towards. No matter how you feel about it, I do want to encourage you to speak up and let us know (in a potentially helpful way if possible) what we're succeeding in or how we can improve. If you'd rather keep it private, my Discord is always open and you're more than welcome to send me a message.

Change doesn't come overnight and it's never done by a single person. I need the entire community to help me out if we truly want this to be a giant success. I understand it's difficult to stand behind something that has failed you on many occasions, but I want to ask for your support (either in the form of criticism or actual help) for Desteria Plus. Here's to an awesomely productive week and a Beta coming soon!

Cheers,
Omega | Management Team
Do you guys and gals plan on fixing canyoning because right now it’s trash

NexDestroyer

Peasant
Hey,
I got a question:
Does everyone gets unbanned when Desteria + comes out? It would be cool, so old players could join and we would be all happier and the server would grow better.

Coconut

Explorer
Hey,
I got a question:
Does everyone gets unbanned when Desteria + comes out? It would be cool, so old players could join and we would be all happier and the server would grow better.
There is going to be an unban wave. The people getting unbanned have already been chosen, but not made public yet. The unban wave will happen a short while before the reset to let players reintegrate back into the community smoothly.

NexDestroyer

Peasant
There is going to be an unban wave. The people getting unbanned have already been chosen, but not made public yet. The unban wave will happen a short while before the reset to let players reintegrate back into the community smoothly.
Nice thx i hope my friends geting unbanned

NexDestroyer

Peasant
Hey,
I got another question: Can you add the /emporium shop back to buy like iron golems for 1.5m, ceggs, villis, etc... pls? The spawners are to expensive like 3m or more for 1 igs :x.

Omega

Community Manager
Staff member
Manager
Hey,
I got another question: Can you add the /emporium shop back to buy like iron golems for 1.5m, ceggs, villis, etc... pls? The spawners are to expensive like 3m or more for 1 igs :x.
irs supposed to be expensive. We are putting another shop in, but it won't be another emporium

Status
Not open for further replies.