Desteria Plus | Progress Update

Discussion in 'Desteria Announcements' started by Omega, Dec 23, 2018.

1. starblaster030

starblaster030 Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,663
    I didn't know this is be has been be is be are be really epic.

2. Proxspartanator

Proxspartanator Citizen

Ratings:
    +16
    Dude, you're a new joiner. You don't know ****. It doesn't matter if they want to keep their PRIDE. It's all about player base. The new trend within factions is to hype up mobs.

3. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    Dude, I am not a new joiner, I also guarantee I know way more about desteria / factions than you do. I see nobody else complaining and asking about god damn mobs. I've also ran a server myself with a big player base & not one person in the player base complained about us not having custom mobs. lol.

4. Proxspartanator

Proxspartanator Citizen

Ratings:
    +16
    Dude legit nobody knows your dumbass. I know much more about this server, hell I talked to ambush a while back. This server is supposed to be ever evolving. You're probably one of the scum bags who wants to keep it the way it is. Which, if I remember, caused a lot of people to leave. Custom mobs are amazing and diversify gameplay, hell, it's why hytale is getting so much hype.

5. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    This isn't my main, lol. You definitely know me on my main, and you have 0 understanding on the factions community and even less of an understanding on desteria. I do not want to keep it the same, I know exactly how to fix the server which is why I am recommending what I am recommending. And actually quit it with the "cUsTom mOBs" you are the only one talking about this. again, go play survival.

6. Proxspartanator

Proxspartanator Citizen

Ratings:
    +16
    I haven't been the only one ranD. Check the suggestions page. It has always been a thing. You don't know **** so stop acting like you do. Go play ******** or jerk yourself off to some pony ****.

7. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    I just checked suggestions and did not see a single post with someone wanting custom mobs, you have to be joking at this point because you are acting immature and you have no idea what on earth you're talking about. Also judging that I do not remember you, makes you a random. This is stupid so just quit responding fam, you aren't making sense.

8. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,082
    Neither of you are ranDs

9. Proxspartanator

Proxspartanator Citizen

Ratings:
    +16
    Look **** boi, there are pending suggestions asking for new bosses. Hell, one of the VERY FIRST SUGGESTIONS were 3 godly bosses that were custom made. PEOPLE WANT CUSTOM MOBS! Hell, if you want to keep the factions server at a standstill, I am more than happy to watch it die with you.

10. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    kid you said mobs, not bosses. Bosses & mobs are TOTALLY different. Either you're an idiot, or trying to change the topic.but next time specify better bud.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2018 ---
    u know who i am right

11. Nate

Nate Overlord

Ratings:
    +2,082
    yeah ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018 ---
    and neither of u guys are Randoms

12. WaffleMonkey

WaffleMonkey Trailblazer

Ratings:
    +312
    @Omega you have peaked my interested with this announcement, well done. I am genuinely amazed by the questing and faction upgrades they both seem to fit so well with what Desteria once was. I really hope this succeeds and maybe I'll give it a go. I guess this is called Plus because the map is gonna be plus shaped xD. Cool cool. Please release as much info as you can :).

From The Ashes We Will Rise!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hitmaka

Hitmaka Explorer

Ratings:
    +186
    So if legendary keys are being removed from koth how else will they be attainable?

14. Lucy

Lucy Recruit
    Staff Member Recruit Event Team

Ratings:
    +3,262
    FanfuViish
    You could still get them from a Rare crate I suppose or simply buy them off the store ;o.
    I personally do think a legendary crate key reward should in some way still be connected to KOTH.
    In the present, those keys are the only things actually drawing me to KOTH since the stuff you get from a legendary have potential to be so good.

15. August

August Crusader

Ratings:
    +811
    lol shutup this server will suck

16. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +4,001
    xOmega
    Was at work and decided it'd be better to lump all the questions asked into one post so people didn't feel like I ignored them - so here we go! Let me know if I missed anything and I'll get back to you.

I like the idea. Again, this is still the beginning stages of what I want to do with all this new content - however like I mentioned in the thread, we're at a bit of time crunch so we're releasing what we currently have. Also, most of our content was outsourced due to us not having any active developers at the time and that means spending more money to add onto what we originally asked for - so rather than do that, we can just edit it ourselves once it's released and we have the source code. There are a couple different directions I feel like we could go in with Quests and I'd like to see how people react to it first before jumping headfirst into it, obviously. I also want to balance new content with updating and correcting issues with existing content so we're not caught in a never-ending content monster that never gets fixed, so there are quite a few aspects that I have to look at when deciding what should be worked on or get attention next. Overall though, I like the direction we're moving in.

None of this would have been possible without Lemon or our developers, so I'd have to disagree with you there. Ideally everyone would work as much as myself - but I also have no social life so I can dedicate quite a large chunk of my time into Desteria whereas other people don't quite have that luxury (Lemon and developers, for example). It's the same as saying that the staff team isn't doing enough - while it may be true at times from your point of view, you also have to understand that it's a totally voluntary position and they don't HAVE to do it. Obviously they'll get removed if they do literally nothing, but hopefully you understand my point. Your expectations aren't always the correct ones, they are just your own so you view them as more important.

It will most likely be open for everyone. We will probably put a small join limiter on the beta realm so it doesn't get too overloaded too quickly (staggers people logging on so it's not a bunch of stress at the beginning) but otherwise I doubt it'll be whitelisted. It will also be for 5 days.

Like I said in response to Tabby - this is the beginning stages of a system that can grow larger and cover more area later on. We're setting up the structure to build on in the future. KoTH may be super rewarding for HC factions such as yourself, but are you really going to complain about that? More timezones and instances = more times to fight people.

Mob AI was disabled due to people only using them for grinders - you don't need AI for something to drop and die and it caused unnecessary strain on the server, so it was removed. Bosses override this since they are categorized as something else entirely. I think the idea of custom mobs is pretty cool, but if I'm not mistaken that isn't ONLY server side, is it? I seem to recall looking into it once before and it required both server and client to have something. Not entirely sure if that's still accurate, but that is what I remember at the time. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't say it isn't a concern at all, but it certainly isn't a major concern immediately. This is something I would love to tackle in the future though.

Hopefully that answered all your questions, and thanks for taking the time to comment!

17. Qwased

Qwased Backpacker

Ratings:
    +75
    Qwased
    how could you say such a bad thing. Question who you think the server is bad
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2018 ---
    if this server was bad i would of spent money on it and i most certainly wouldn't have stayed here since 2.0 its in my mind best factions server out there

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Trewology

Trewology Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,299
    What yall gonna get me for Christmas? :LOL:

19. RedFish

RedFish Explorer

Ratings:
    +193
    @Omega Love that there is a change coming, however just curious about how the faction tiers will work for a solo faction like myself? I use a large number of Alta and just build, earn money and chill, but it’s normally just myself playing so will the experience percentage be proportional to game hours or idk something else? That’s my only concern. I choose to play solo fac not that I don’t trust people, I just like the satisfaction of doing things myself when others have teams...

20. Omega

Omega Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Ratings:
    +4,001
    xOmega
    I would love to come up with a system that allows small and large factions to grow and upgrade as equally as possible in the future - unfortunately this system does favor larger factions. The experience earned is just that - a portion of the experience all members earn goes into the faction experience (you don't earn any less personally, it just records a small percentage and adds it to the faction) - so as long as you're grinding mobs you'll still earn experience.

That being said, it will favor large factions at the moment. As I believe I said previously, any major changes we want to make would cost additional money so I'd rather work on it over time within our own developer team to add onto the foundation we've brought in for Desteria Plus.

Desteria Plus is intended to be the beginning of improvement and constant change - not a giant elixir that fixes everything immediately. I understand that not everyone will be immediately happy with what we're doing - but it's all for the sake of improvement and building a steady foundation. So while I hate to admit that it's geared towards favoring large factions at the moment, it's something I plan on addressing in the future. Feedback is absolutely necessary for this to continue working so I always look forward to seeing the ideas and suggestions that people bring to the table.

• Winner Winner x 1