Desteria Plus | Progress Update

Discussion in 'Desteria Announcements' started by Omega, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Hippostrocy

Hippostrocy Explorer

Ratings:
    +128
    HippoDaKill
    super cool, can't wait. hopefully quests will be fun.

2. Tabby

Tabby Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,244
    TabbyTops
    Very thanful this post has been made, a well needed move to do so. Great job, really.

I was thinking for quests though, it will be hard to determine which quests are hard or not. For that outpost example you mentioned it might be super easy to complete it in a random timezone where not many people are on. I think what would be really cool is if there was random quests that would automatically activate in addition to the ones you pick up. This idea would make questing hard and more exciting, you would have to drop all your stuff and go complete something in within a 10 minute timer if you wanted that additional reward. Tell me what you think.

3. Bon

Bon Citizen

Ratings:
    +38
    :D

4. Ryan

Ryan Crusader

Ratings:
    +723
    Ryan_1998
    I hope all goes well @Omega but you clearly are not getting the support you need by the devs and ilemon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jnf

Jnf Crusader

Ratings:
    +523
    Jnf
    I believe everyone will get the same quests and the same time and update every 24hours ( I think it should be like that as there would actually be pvp at outpost then)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Qwased

Qwased Backpacker

Ratings:
    +75
    Qwased
    Im ready for this update lets get it!!

7. Coconut

Coconut Explorer

Ratings:
    +217
    CoconutShell
    It was definitely nice to have a little update, but it was also definitely needed. I like the fact that you took the things that were already made semi-public, put them in an annoucement, and also expanded on them.

I'm really excited on the KOTH because usually, it's not very compatible with my timezone. I'm also very excited to see what the new reward is going to be since it has been asked for a lot.

F Tier sounds like a nice addition, but I don't feel like it's a huge addition especially since it isn't an original feature. I do think it is needed as only original features wouldn't be a great idea. Having announced at least one original feature would have been nice, but I'm still happy with the announcement.

I'm kind of dissapointed by the quests though since my idea for quests wasn't used, but that's just me being greedy for recognition lol. I do like the fact that it's going to be dynamically updated, which will bring balance, and will prevent the quests to become stale.

Overall, I'm very happy with how this is all turning out.

8. Ripshooters

Ripshooters Backpacker

Ratings:
    +88
    Thanks for the progress update but like I've stated before @Omega and iLemon agreed on the post. You guys need to release it during this christmas break or it'll be dead. If it comes out 5days before the break it'll be fine I think. But 4-1days before the break it'll die 100%.

Please don't waste your time if it isn't gonna come during the breakm

9. Emperio

Emperio Previously Emperio

Ratings:
    +245
    Emperio
    Will Beta be done by requiring people to sign up? Or will it be for everyone?
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2018 ---
    sorry for quoting the wrong message btw

10. HotTopic

HotTopic Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,423
    HotTopic
    I recommend an unban all. Unban everything that is not chargebacks.

I know there’s some blacklists that could be unbanned as well.

11. Bonfiyah

Bonfiyah Helper
    Staff Member Helper Content Team

Ratings:
    +1,478
    Bonfiyah
    This will happen. All bans besides chargebacks and a set of blacklists will be removed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. HotTopic

HotTopic Nobility

Ratings:
    +1,423
    HotTopic
    Good to know :) thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kay

Kay Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Content Team Event Team

Ratings:
    +350
    ohKayla
    Can't wait for the new update ~

Pacific KOTH !

• Like Like x 1
  14. HotStuffing

HotStuffing Backpacker

Ratings:
    +72
    KnockThemOut
    but once you set up a decent blaze grinder you can get 40-50k exp with dex V from just standing their for a an hour or two

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ghostly1

ghostly1 Peasant

Ratings:
    +0
    i like the idea for koth every day but that means that koth will be over powered for hc factions players like me and my faction also the class progression system I think its a good idea but I hope its not to confuseing for new players the quests you should make it so that they get harder the more quest you do and you get and maby like the last few quest you get like a faction upgrade or something like that offer all I think that this update will be good for desty

16. Venoms

Venoms Crusader

Ratings:
    +765
    Whens wipe? 3 months no eta LELELEL JAJAJAJ

17. Proxspartanator

Proxspartanator Citizen

Ratings:
    +16
    @Omega are there any considerations towards mobs? I think it would be cool if they could become active again, and possibly you could have custom ones. Now I know that may seem hard, but when I worked on a server with fellow desterians, I renditioned a couple of mobs into some cool ass ****. If you wanna take a look, please feel free to message me. I made them using mythicmobs and they pretty much spawn of templates from their community.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2018, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2018 ---
    Who is on the black list?

• Hype Hype x 1
  18. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    Custom mobs are not there main concern, or a concern at all now. Also desteria does not skid plugins, depending on how much they want to add like custom attacks & etc can be pretty difficult. Its possible, just depending on what people want it can take a little.

19. Proxspartanator

Proxspartanator Citizen

Ratings:
    +16
    Dude, I've been here since 1.0. During 3.0, they had actual moving mobs and it made the entire gameplay much more fun. Their bosses also since 3.0 have sucked, they've just been a vanilla mob with extra strength. Now mythic mobs is FREE or CAN BE PAID FOR. But it is allowed!!!!!!!! I think a few custom mobs are need though, it gets boring going through the land scape without any actual mobs...

20. Juicydrop

Juicydrop Citizen

Ratings:
    +36
    I don't know if you read what I even wrote, because I stated that they'd code it themselves. I know alot of people have seen the picture floating around of the /pl, but I don't know if you did, because 90% are custom. Also no offense, but if you are looking for custom mobs, and if you think the "landscape" is boring then I suggest you play something else rather than factions. Factions is not about "landscape", you should play survival.