Explorer
Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: prospartanator
  • Realm or Service: Desteria (all),
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    Community Bosses
  • Description:
    So I've messaged Ilemon briefly on this, but I think it would benefit everyone if the boss plugin switched to mythicmobs, a community oriented plugin. This would allow anyone on here to develop their own boss api through the public plugin and send it to the Desteria community for further implementation. On a large scale, this could allow unique boss fights to happen weekly!
  • What would your suggestion improve?:
    This would really improve the Caden realm because there's literally no where to flex our custom enchants other than the wither. Custom bosses could really bring the community together and we could use it to show off our skills.
  • Image/Video (Link):

Lucy

Staff member
Event Team
Content Team
If people had an idea for a boss could they not technically let us know about it/make a suggestion post and then we could have our developer implement that idea?
In addition to that, I've looked up mythicmobs on google as well and it said that its customizable for server administrators but I couldn't find anything on it being usable by the community?

prospartanator

Explorer
If people had an idea for a boss could they not technically let us know about it/make a suggestion post and then we could have our developer implement that idea?
In addition to that, I've looked up mythicmobs on google as well and it said that its customizable for server administrators but I couldn't find anything on it being usable by the community?
Mythic mobs is a plugin that creates mobs by running 3 categories of yaml scripts. There's a mob script, spawn script and power script that each boss is made of. The reason why mythic mobs is so community oriented is because people can right these scripts using the mythic mobs script editor and just send you the files. Mythic mobs already has a forum DEDICATED to this where you can copy free or buy bosses that have premade scripts.

As for why people don't just suggest bosses, it's because the developers already have no time available for projects like this. This is a means of reducing the pressure on the devs without the community lashing out.

LegendsAwoken

Formerly 'MormonKidFTW'
Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: prospartanator
  • Realm or Service: Desteria (all),
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    Community Bosses

• Description:
    So I've messaged Ilemon briefly on this, but I think it would benefit everyone if the boss plugin switched to mythicmobs, a community oriented plugin. This would allow anyone on here to develop their own boss api through the public plugin and send it to the Desteria community for further implementation. On a large scale, this could allow unique boss fights to happen weekly!

• What would your suggestion improve?:
    This would really improve the Caden realm because there's literally no where to flex our custom enchants other than the wither. Custom bosses could really bring the community together and we could use it to show off our skills.

• Image/Video (Link):
Sounds like a really good idea but I’m unsure if most players have the know how to do something like that? + if each boss was different how would they keep things balanced, new and more challenging bosses would be a fun change though

prospartanator

Explorer
Sounds like a really good idea but I’m unsure if most players have the know how to do something like that? + if each boss was different how would they keep things balanced, new and more challenging bosses would be a fun change though
Trust me, there are an insane amount of coders here. It's simple to learn yaml scripting too, so I figure a couple people would take interest and make bosses. The bosses could also give loot chosen by the community via polls.