Menu

0 MEMBERS ONLINE Discord Server
JOIN 0 ONLINE PLAYERS pvp.desteria.com

Christmas Event, Black Friday Sale, TNT loading chunks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annie

Ambassador
Hello hello, Desteria! Are any of us doing anything exciting for the upcoming Thanksgiving?
Today, I’m genuinely thrilled to bring you an announcement full of nothing but the best of news for most.

Black Friday Sale
As many have inquired about, there will be a Black Friday sale this coming Friday on our online store. The sale will be 50%, and will only last for 24 hours, till Friday midnight, CST. A sale this huge will be hard to come by in the future, so do make sure your shopping lists are ready to go, if you're going to buy something.

Many coupon emails have been coming into our payments inbox; if you’re one of them whom I’ve replied, I would recommend using your coupon while the sale lasts. (Don’t worry, our stores are completely trample-safe from crowds clamoring for a good discount).

Event: White Christmas
I’m here with next month’s weather forecast, and it looks like we’ll be wading around knee deep - in presents! Our benevolent GloriousPanda has bestowed upon every realm a festive arena, in which an enormous tree towers over our forests.

Unlike most of our events so far, it won’t be the the brutes making out with most of the loot this time! Items will be hanging straight off the branches of this christmas tree, and to get up before anyone else will require nimble feet and parkour skills of the utmost caliber.

Starting on December 5, Saturday (CST), all adventurers can /warp event in order to get to the arena.

Chunk-Loader TNT
Fantastic for most, devastating to others, this last piece of news is certainly not least. We have been made painfully aware of the issues with raiding, and here’s our first of many steps to reinstating Desteria’s love in blasting holes through obsidian walls.

Previously, it was impossible to raid factions who had enormous chunk buffers, as the chunks would unload and TNT would de-spawn while flying towards the base. That will happen no more; TNT will now load these chunks while primed and moving.

Note that this has already been implemented as of the last reboot. It is a rather large and abrupt change, and I don’t doubt that those who have thrived with dozens of alts will be getting the short end of the stick here. However, this has been widely demanded by players; and I know that Desteria’s community has the strength to adapt! Happy raiding, everyone!

Comments Winner
On each announcement made, a random commenter is chosen at the end of the next announcement. The winner receives a $50.00 USD voucher code usable on our store. Multiple comments can be made (infinitely), so long as they are not spamming / irrelevant; those comments will be removed without notice, and further spam will result in exclusion from the event. Start commenting, the next winner will be picked in the next announcement post!

Last Announcement Winner: @Gitse

(User will been inboxed privately with code)

Annie

Ambassador
Almost had a heart attack building that temple, found out there was redstone under it :p

And a tag for @BadCombo, TNT loading chunks isn't the whole deal but it's the first small step of many in your suggestions to fix raiding. :)

2016RIO

Explorer
Almost had a heart attack building that temple, found out there was redstone under it :p

And a tag for @BadCombo, TNT loading chunks isn't the whole deal but it's the first small step of many in your suggestions to fix raiding. :)
Can /fill be next please? Also does sale start Thursday or Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.