Every Wednesday, we post updates on what we've been up to behind the scenes to improve Desteria. Let's get right into it! There may be some overlap between changelogs as we're constantly implementing changes, but everything will be listed at the end of the day.
- Resolved issues with /shop charging players inappropriately.
- Crop Hoppers will now correctly give you 64, if you buy 64.
- Spawners bought will now give you 64, if you buy 64.
- The /shop now has a sell-all feature! Middle-clicking an item in your inventory will sell all items of it to the shop for the appropriate price. A tool-tip in the GUI informs players of this.
- Resolved issues with Sell and Craft wands.
- Both wands now correctly function on normal, as well as trap chests.
- Both wands now correctly lose durability when used on normal, as well as trap chests.
- Resolved an issue with the Auction House (/ah, /auc) not functioning on Besen. We’re in the process of looking into a more stable Auction House system for the future to prevent these sorts of issues.
- Caden’s scoreboard has been transplanted onto Auren and Besen.
- Sharpness IV was added to Looting swords from Crates.
- Many Factions bugs have been resolved
- Fixed an issue that prevented Truce land from appearing on /f map unless you resided in said land.
- Removed the broadcast messages in chat when a Faction’s ownership changed.
- /f warp is now correctly registered as a destination for the purposes of /back.
- /f promote now works correctly relative to the setting of the ‘PROMOTE’ permission of /f perms.
- We’ve removed the /f mod, and /f coleader commands as they were redundant relative to /f promote, and were causing issues.
- Moderators and Coleaders no longer have the ability to edit ownered claims.
- Coleaders now correctly can ONLY give users /f access if they have the ‘ACCESS” permission in /f perms.
- C-Eggs, edible food items, bows, enderpearls, and both types of potions, all innately override the ‘ITEMS’ permission within /f perms. Regardless of rank, relation, or that permission’s setting, these items should be usable anywhere in faction land.
- Fixed an issue wherein under certain circumstances Coleaders had the ability to demote other Coleaders. They no longer can.
- Fixed an issue regarding /f access. Previously, if you’d used /f access on a chunk, anyone who SHOULD have also had access to that chunk via /f perms lost their access until /f access was removed. This is no longer an issue. /f access should no longer interfere with existing access, merely supplement it. (Pirates on Besen, Chrono/Draco on Caden - this was your issue.)
- We’ve cleaned up /f perms to remove some redundant and non-implemented content.
- Fixed an issue with /f owner such that faction leaders now always have access to all ownered land, even if they aren’t on the owner list.
- Cleaned up /f show to remove redundant and non-functional information.
- Added a limited list of enemies back to /f show.
- Adjusted the message sent to users ‘banned’ from a given faction to be more descriptive relative to what’s happened.
- Updated lack-of-permissions messages across the board to be more descriptive of what access specifically a player is lacking when they attempt to perform an action but fail due to a lack of access.
- This is useful in debugging for Staff and Developers, but also may be useful to players in setting up their factions’ access system.
- Resolved an issue with Emporium that resulted in players being charged inappropriately if they tried to purchase a spawner with a full, or nearly full inventory.
- All items should now correctly be added to your inventory if there is ANY space, and if there isn’t, you should never be charged. The same fixes were applied to the normal /shop.
- Updated /claim to now correctly list ‘Caden’ instead of ‘Ceira’. Rank notes should now correctly be sent to Caden if you select that item from the GUI.
- Resolved an issue with Pirates’ F-Top value on Besen; it is now more reflective of their true spawner and hopper count.
- Updated /rules in-game to link the current rules page on the Forums.
- Disabled unarmed skills in PvP on Caden.
- Fixed an issue with boss percentage damage calculations being calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Statistics Scrolls from correctly counting the number of blocks broken by pickaxes with the ‘Collect’ custom enchantment on Caden. They should now count blocks broken correctly.
- Fixed an issue which prevented the ‘Recovery’ custom-enchant from successfully recovering some items on Caden.
- You no longer need to use a command in-game to create a Forums account.
- Releasing a thread with some information about Staff Team changes in the new ‘Team Updates’ section, beneath the ‘Staff Applications’ section. Keep your eyes out for a post here coming soon with some updates on the state of things!
Items listed here are issues that a developer has been assigned to fix and is actively being worked on. None of these issues are listed in any discernible order, and this is only meant to serve as a running list of in-progress bugs/issues that are known and actively receiving attention by a developer.
- Working to identify issues with /hours not syncing correctly across multiple realms.
- Working to resolve multiple reported instances of players getting stuck on Caden. Noted issues:
- Logging offline in non-friendly faction territory.
- Mining in the nether near bedrock.
- Working to fix Statistic Scrolls having some residual unintended effects on items they’re applied to.
- Working on a revamp for the /kit Raid kit to be more modern and useful.
- Working on releasing all-new custom-enchant-containing kits for Caden’s store.desteria.com section.
- And more!
Until next week!
Logic // Management Team