Every Wednesday we post updates on what we've been up to behind the scenes to improve Desteria. Let's get right into it! There may be some overlap between changelogs as we're constantly implementing changes, but everything will be listed at the end of the day.
- Changed the color of users’ rank brackets in chat to a darker shade of grey for aesthetic reasons. It’s better this way, trust us.
- Removed some outdated information from the description of the ‘Overlord’ rank on store.desteria.com. Gotta stay up to date!
- Outposts were released, admittedly, a few days behind schedule.
- An alt-per-IP limiter was added. We’re working on a longer term solution that will prevent key-farming, but allow spawner AFKing. There will still be a limit, but it’ll be raised, and the spawner-activation radius per-account will be raised. Stay tuned for more information in a future changelog.
- Confirmed a particular location of the PvP-arena DID NOT allow invulnerability as some users had mistakenly thought.
- Resolved an issue with Staff’s /pmtoggle command.
- Resolved an issue with the /title GUI that prevented it from opening if you owned a title.
- Resolved a bug that prevented certain items, such as bones, from being sellable to the shop.
- Resolved a number of bugs with the world border due to a conflicting plugin being phased out of usage. Items and blocks should now be more consistently placeable near the edge of the world.
- A number of changes were made to Outposts:
- Prevented usage of /sethome in the arena. We still consider USING existing /homes in the arena illegal. If you’re found doing this we will ask you to remove your home, and if you refuse, it’ll be a 7d ban for bug abuse.
- Factions commands should no longer work in the arena.
- The /outpost command should now display who is capturing or controlling each Outpost.
- Tweaked the capture point of the Outposts to ensure that allied factions don’t contest each others’ captures.
- Disabled vote and completionist flys inside the arena.
- Removed the painbuild effect from pressure plates to ensure that users can’t kill each other by placing them as a faction defense in claimed land. This change will take effect on reboot.
- Fixed the broken wild portal. It’ll be functional again on reboot.
- Added an /f perm node for usage of the /f title command. This change will take effect on reboot.
- Disabled globally-sent ‘disbanded’ messages when a faction disbands. This change will take effect on reboot.
- Ensured spawners calculate correctly towards F-Top counts based off of their current prices in the store. Previously they were mistakenly calculating based on an old iteration of the economy. This change will take effect on reboot, if it hasn’t happened already.
- Fixed TnTFill to ensure it’s functioning as advertised in the help tooltip. It was also confirmed that the radius scanned is checking both the horizontal and vertical axis. This change will take effect on reboot.
Items listed here are issues that a developer has been assigned to fix and is actively being worked on. None of these issues are listed in any discernible order, and this is only meant to serve as a running list of in-progress bugs/issues that are known and actively receiving attention by a developer.
- Releasing fresh and redesigned KoTH & Outpost arenas to replace our existing builds!
- Working on a captcha system to work in conjunction with a then-nerfed alt-limiter. This will aim to combat the issue of key-drop key farmers using alts to profit unfairly.
- Working to re-introduce the chat-mouse-hover-over functionality.
- Adding a /shrug command.
- Setting up a /color system for Divine donators!
- Ensuring crop hoppers calculate correctly towards F-Top based on their unique shop price by comparison to a normal hopper.
- Working to update the out of date error message distributed if you attempt to use /resources when you lack the necessary class rank to do so.
Until next week,
Logic // Management