Every Wednesday we post updates on what we've been up to behind the scenes to improve Desteria. Let's get right into it! There may be some overlap between changelogs as we're constantly implementing changes, but everything will be listed at the end of the day.
- Reimplemented the /looter command. This allows you to designate “friends” whom are able to also pick up the loot you acquire from killing other players before the 10s timer expires, allowing anyone to collect your goodies.
- Fixed an issue with the /titles GUI that allowed users to remove blocks from the menu.
- Disabled non-color-text-modifiers in faction titles such that it is easier to see who is in whose faction without having to decipher names from what look like cryptographic equations.
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to change your title’s colors without needing the necessary store package.
- Ensured mobs’ deaths will no longer prompt loot stealer messages. They were previously spamming chat as you killed mobs in stacks.
- Updated the lack-of-permissions error message for the /resources command to correctly inform the user that they lack the necessary class rank as opposed to tell them they lacked a certain level. This error message was outdated from when Desteria used a levels system.
- Resolved a crafting issue that prevented users from being able to use certain crafting tricks to split item stacks more effectively.
- Implemented a new /color system for Divine donator ranks such that they’re able to change their donator tag in chat’s color similar to how Titans can.
- Added a special /color option for users with the Overlord Class to allow them to match their donator rank’s color to their Overlord tag.
- Released an /f delhome command to allow you to more easily wipe the location of your faction’s home.
- Ensured Divine donator ranks have access to /reclaim.
- Ensured factions are not able to use the /f claim in the Outpost world, again.
- Resolved a number of issues with the KoTH plugin.
- Increased the size of the combat area for the Nether KoTH arena.
- Ensured the capture point was correctly defined.
- Ensured the correct enchantments are blocked in the combat zone.
- Ensured the necessary commands were blocked inside the combat zone.
- Confirmed a number of remaining bugs with the scoreboard; they are receiving attention from the Developers.
- Implemented a ‘Management Mail’ system that will be used in-game to announce when changelogs or other announcements are posted.
- Preemptively resolved a potential dupe exploit that would’ve abused a niche functionality of /pay alongside another one of our plugins.
- Ensured fences, cactus, and other half blocks are treated as full blocks for the purposes of sand stacking with TnT cannons. Changes to our Spigot were made to ensure that these blocks can’t be used unfairly to create overpowered base defenses.
- Updated our freezing functionality on the Event realm to ensure that the print-outs correctly lead users to the currently-used Desteria Discord as opposed to a Teamspeak server used in past years.
- Fixed gen buckets to ensure that they no longer continue generating beyond the world border. This change will take effect after tonight’s reboots.
- Ensured /outpost is not usable in combat. This change will take effect alongside tonight’s reboots.
- Added a ‘SPAWNERS’ permission to the Ally relation tab inside of /f perms. This will allow Allies to place and destroy spawners inside of each others’ territories. This change will take effect after tonight’s reboots.
- Added a ‘SETWARP’ permission to the Ally relation tab inside of /f perms. This will allow Allies to allow each other to set warps inside of each others’ territories. This will function as our ally-warp system. This change will take effect after tonight’s reboots.
Items listed here are issues that a developer has been assigned to fix and is actively being worked on. None of these issues are listed in any discernible order, and this is only meant to serve as a running list of in-progress bugs/issues that are known and actively receiving attention by a developer.
- Working on releasing a captcha system to work alongside the key-drop event. Whenever a key-drop occurs users will have to complete a captcha to earn their key. This will prevent key-drop farmers and correspondingly allow us to re-buff the tier of keys dropped. Correspondingly, this will also allow us to re-up the alt limiter! We’re aiming to increase this limit up to 10. All of these changes should be seeing live realms sometime in the next 24-48 hours, tops.
- Working to re-code and further optimize the way F-Top is calculated. This should ensure that the F-Top list updates more frequently, or at least, more stably. Ideally this fix should kill any issues with “ghost” F-Top values.
- Working to update the code that works behind the KoTH scoreboards such that they’re more stable. We’re aware that currently they often disappear and are unreliable. This issue is in part tied into the same culprit plugin that is causing issues with 1.7.10. We’re aiming to completely redesign this plugin which should hopefully bring back stable 1.7.10 support and simultaneously fix various scoreboards around the realms.
- Working to identify the cause of the issue that is setting certain users’ titles to lowercase when there should be some capitalization.
- Working to design and implement a /tnttoggle command.
- Continuously working on improvements to our anticheat that will be released in a large-scale future re-release of the plugin(s).
Until next week,
Logic // Management