Every Wednesday we post updates on what we've been up to behind the scenes to improve Desteria. Let's get right into it! There may be some overlap between changelogs as we're constantly implementing changes, but everything will be listed at the end of the day.
- The ‘global player count’ variable intended to be present on the tab menu has been fixed on Caden. Previously it printed out the variable’s name instead of it’s value. This was not an issue on any other realm.
- Resolved an issue with the Ragnarok custom enchantment on Caden to fix an evidently prevalent issue with its cooldown. Previously, the ability wasn’t waiting out the true duration of its cooldown before becoming usable again. This issue should now be fixed and it should be waiting out its full cooldown as intended.
- We released a new plugin to calculate Desteria’s F-Top contest. Whereas the old plugin took time to update and regularly resulted in “ghost” F-Top value, the new plugin updates in real time. This should be more convenient for users and should simultaneously make it more or less impossible for “ghost” F-Top value to arise.
- When you are muted, it should now announce to you which Staff Member it was that delivered your mute. This should make it easier for you to debate your mute with the Staff Member that muted you, should you choose to do so, as you no longer need to take the time of asking another Staff Member who it was that muted you.
- The KoTH scoreboards should finally be fixed. For the past few weeks/months they have been appearing sporadically before disappearing. This should no longer be the case. They should now remain throughout the duration of the KoTH event and correctly give information on the capturing party.
- The /back command should now be usable in enemy territory. That said, your previous locations should be wiped upon relog. This means that you will be able to use /back as a tool to make your life easier when raiding, but it will not allow you to set any sort of long-term homesets in your enemies’ bases.
- The /color GUI menu should now correctly change the brackets of your donator rank to dark grey instead of light gray to match the other brackets in chat.
- The /tnttoggle command has been added to the cannon realm as a perk of voting.
- Craft and Sell wands should no longer be stackable. This resolves an issue where previously using one wand in a stack would decrease the durability of all items (wands) in that stack.
Items listed here are issues that a developer has been assigned to fix and is actively being worked on. None of these issues are listed in any discernible order, and this is only meant to serve as a running list of in-progress bugs/issues that are known and actively receiving attention by a developer.
- Working to resolve an issue that arose as a result of our changes to the wands plugin. Our new changes were applied to an older build of the plugin, the version that didn’t allow their functioning on trap chests. We’ve noted this error, and are working to apply our new changes to the more up-to-date build and will release this new build as soon as is possible. Expect this issue to be resolved in the next 24 hours, if not 48 at the max. I apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.
- Working to increase the drop rate of gold ingots from zombie pigmen. We’re aware of a longstanding bug with these mobs that prevented ingots from dropping at their intended rate.
- Working to resolve the long-standing issue that prevents mobs that are killed in one hit from dropping tokens. After a number of months of on and off throwing resources at this issue we believe we’ve finally identified the source of the problem and may have theorized a solution to fix it. With some luck this patch will be released in a number of days.
- Working on initial development of a few friends for Arachne…
- Continuously working on improvements to our anticheat that will be released in a large-scale future re-release of the plugin(s).
Until next week,
Logic // Management