Better Parkour Rewards?

Essential Information
  • Minecraft Username: TheLegendOfRock
  • Realm or Service: Auren
Suggestion Information
  • Thread Title:
    Better Parkour Rewards?
  • Description:
    I don’t really feel like the current rewards for parkour aren’t enough for the time it takes to complete. I would really like to see the rewards increased to make the parkour worth the time.
  • What would your suggestion improve?:
    I think it would encourage more people to try the parkour and would also provide an opportunity to progress by doing something slightly different.
  • Image/Video (Link):

I’d really like to see like rewards based on how far you get like maybe put 2 checkpoints in which both give either money or a key but if not that then i think there should at least be something at the end to make the time worth it like better keys or more currency.

LewisYoYoYo

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Content Team
To extend on your suggestion - Just a few things to discuss // Think about!

-Possible Rewards
-Balancing with the Eco
-Possibly a progressive system based on how old the realm is?

Thanks!

1Maniac

Citizen
I like the rewards we have now, but if I were to have rewards changed, I would have rewards based on the time it took to do the parkour, instead of checkpoints or just general increased rewards.

I was thinking maybe say 5k for reaching the first checkpoints then 10k for all the ones following that (or that sort of system) cause that much is found commonly enough in all of the dragon drops and then at least 50k for completion (as well as the keys at the end) because you can find that amount in dragon drops which only takes a few minutes of time compared to the parkour.

I also thought about suggesting rewards based on time taken like 1Maniac’s suggestion (because the parkour took me like an hour since it’s never been my strong suit!). Sadly I think the issue would be that people would probably exploit that and deliberately increase the time (such as by staying afk along the course) so I think it would need to be based around checkpoints and how far you get rather than time to avoid this.

1Maniac

Citizen
I was thinking maybe say 5k for reaching the first checkpoints then 10k for all the ones following that (or that sort of system) cause that much is found commonly enough in all of the dragon drops and then at least 50k for completion (as well as the keys at the end) because you can find that amount in dragon drops which only takes a few minutes of time compared to the parkour.

I also thought about suggesting rewards based on time taken like 1Maniac’s suggestion (because the parkour took me like an hour since it’s never been my strong suit!). Sadly I think the issue would be that people would probably exploit that and deliberately increase the time (such as by staying afk along the course) so I think it would need to be based around checkpoints and how far you get rather than time to avoid this.
Well no the better rewards will be for the people who complete it quicker not slower.

Well no the better rewards will be for the people who complete it quicker not slower.
Ah okay sorry I misinterpreted, in that case yeah I agree with you but I’m not entirely sure what the time boundaries could be for different rewards, any suggestions?

1Maniac

Citizen
Ah okay sorry I misinterpreted, in that case yeah I agree with you but I’m not entirely sure what the time boundaries could be for different rewards, any suggestions?
Well it would have to be figured out what times it take exactly, example: a speed run, skilled, normal, below average, and beginner. There would be time slots for it. Another thing I was thinking was that what if you had two choices, same parkour, but one is timed with a risk for higher rewards but also worse, and the second option is what it is now.

LewisYoYoYo

Helper
Staff member
Helper
Content Team
Pros

-More Incentive to do parkour
-Better for new players

Cons

-Could be too OP

Notes // Changes

Completely New Parkour is wanted